Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 05:19 PM

1,426 posts, read 758,521 times

Advertisements

That catio was my distraction in-between other stuff while were parked in Zephyrhills. There was a Home Depot just a short distance from our park, and that's all I needed. It covers the bedroom window, which is an emergency exit and so opens extra wide. Stores in the basement when we travel. I had to drill 4 tiny holes to mount the chains, but the rest of it is all done with DIY screens and Velcro. 9 feet off the ground so safe from wildlife.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 05:31 AM

So, after 285 nights in the camper, we are closing on our new home this afternoon. We have found a lovely little move-in ready home on a couple acres a few miles outside of Fancy Gap, VA and couldn't be happier.

We still have a few more nights in the camper while we wait on our furniture, but at least the camper will be at the new house and we can do other things in the meantime.

w00t! "Homeless" no more.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:23 AM

2,103 posts, read 1,029,365 times
You were houseless, not homeless! I long for a point in time where I can hit the road and do the whole nomad deal, without having to deal with a timeline. Someday...

Old 04-25-2024, 08:05 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,672,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
So, after 285 nights in the camper, we are closing on our new home this afternoon. We have found a lovely little move-in ready home on a couple acres a few miles outside of Fancy Gap, VA and couldn't be happier.

We still have a few more nights in the camper while we wait on our furniture, but at least the camper will be at the new house and we can do other things in the meantime.

w00t! "Homeless" no more.
Congratulations! I am very familiar with Fancy Gap and it is a beautiful area! There is a really nice farmer's market just up the road in Hillsville that we like to stop at when we are in the area.

Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

7,459 posts, read 4,699,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
You were houseless, not homeless! I long for a point in time where I can hit the road and do the whole nomad deal, without having to deal with a timeline. Someday...
I would argue he's rentful, not houseless.

Old Today, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
We had a house. It was connected to the truck and dragged from place to place. What we didn't have was a home. A place where we couldn't be forced to leave without a court order.

Regardless, we are homeowners once again. Our furniture arrived yesterday so last night was our first night in the house. We've got a nice area to keep the camper and plenty of room to create a "guest camper" site for our RV friends.

I've got tons of stuff to learn and do. We've never had a well or septic system, but now we do. I never owned a chainsaw or riding mower before, but now I do. There's a creek running along the property that I'm anxious to explore and a wooded hillside I envision cutting hiking trails into. We've never lived in a rural setting. We've had a couple neighbors pop by ... on their mowers.

It's gonna be good for us. We were getting lazy in the camper.

Old Today, 07:31 PM

7,642 posts, read 3,278,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
We had a house. It was connected to the truck and dragged from place to place. What we didn't have was a home. A place where we couldn't be forced to leave without a court order.

Regardless, we are homeowners once again. Our furniture arrived yesterday so last night was our first night in the house. We've got a nice area to keep the camper and plenty of room to create a "guest camper" site for our RV friends.

I've got tons of stuff to learn and do. We've never had a well or septic system, but now we do. I never owned a chainsaw or riding mower before, but now I do. There's a creek running along the property that I'm anxious to explore and a wooded hillside I envision cutting hiking trails into. We've never lived in a rural setting. We've had a couple neighbors pop by ... on their mowers.

It's gonna be good for us. We were getting lazy in the camper.

Skippy,
You need to start a new Thread for the New Houseb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement