Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
ttk ttk started this thread

79 posts, read 178,896 times

Advertisements

I have recently lost the girl I loved for 4.5 years. I am sure some of you have seen my posts in the relationships section of Citi Data concerning the issues. I know that if God isn't first in your life, you can never be happy nor can you be in love. Does anyone else feel this way? Any similar experiences?

Also, I am blogging and would really appreciate readers and support from fellow Christians. The link is:

finding the Son during the Storm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,795 times
Hey, I'm new here, but I know exactly what you mean.
If God isn't first in our lives, it seems as if nothing else works out, and honestly, if He isn't first in our life nothing else really matter. I recently too split with someone I had been with for over a year (not quite as long as you). We are both rather but we both thought that we had found the one we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with, and had even talked about it. But, the catch was, God really wasn't first in his life and that ended up making us both unhappy, especially for me. That for me was a really big deal, and I really believe thats what broke us up, even though there were also other problem.
I know that now, even though God has been first in my life all along, I am much happier, and know that God has someone even better for me in the future, when I can truely be happy.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:06 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha0827 View Post
Hey, I'm new here, but I know exactly what you mean.
If God isn't first in our lives, it seems as if nothing else works out, and honestly, if He isn't first in our life nothing else really matter. I recently too split with someone I had been with for over a year (not quite as long as you). We are both rather but we both thought that we had found the one we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with, and had even talked about it. But, the catch was, God really wasn't first in his life and that ended up making us both unhappy, especially for me. That for me was a really big deal, and I really believe thats what broke us up, even though there were also other problem.
I know that now, even though God has been first in my life all along, I am much happier, and know that God has someone even better for me in the future, when I can truely be happy.
Amen..... those in whom put God first will always be blessed abundantly !!
Though there are times that we go through with difficult situations that break our hearts, yet, God knows what is best for our lives and He knows that which is before us in all things at all times and He so tries to protect us from the things we can not foresee that can hurt us.... amen !!

Keep on, keepin' on.....
"seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Matt.6:33).... amen !!

Blessings to you both, ttk and samantha0827 !!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 04-29-2011 at 07:14 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 07:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttk View Post
I have recently lost the girl I loved for 4.5 years. I am sure some of you have seen my posts in the relationships section of Citi Data concerning the issues. I know that if God isn't first in your life, you can never be happy nor can you be in love. Does anyone else feel this way? Any similar experiences?

Also, I am blogging and would really appreciate readers and support from fellow Christians. The link is:

finding the Son during the Storm
I have gone through a similar situation. The break-up led to a very "colorless" period which lasted for a few months.

Love is such a "dangerous" thing, especially when we're young! I remember being so insecure about the relationship.. and a feeling deep down that my priorities were not what they had been a while earlier.

I think what's so important about focusing on God, is that by staying focused on our Creator, all of the rest of creation falls into its proper place. We get perspective.

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM

164 posts, read 264,820 times
ttk, you know you made the right decision, God is in it, being born again is worth more than any sinful relationship, you will get thru the pain with Jesus if you give your life entirely to Him all the time.

I tried 16 years ago, to keep mine(person like yours), and reason with them, but they didn't want to be born again, God took them from me in a way and I also let them go for they would not get saved when I had just gotten, and then they went and fornicated with someone else and married them, and then after 12 years they got divorced, I called them and asked are you born again then, for I stayed away, they when I asked are you born again said nothing because they were not,

then now, four years since then, now, or 16 years later, I asked again, are you born again and the answer is no, but they are doing church now. So you see God knew what He was doing, and even though even 16 years later I still miss them, they are not His, and I have not always had it so easy as a Christian all these years, but I am His, and they might be great now to me in ways if I were to be with them, but I would take God and heaven any day over them, and told them so, and they didn't like it for they think still it is my fault I chose God, and God took them out of my life, and I let go of them. And I thank Him even though it took 7 years for me to get thru being with them, for I was with them seven years like you,

it is now over and I still miss them in ways, but I will go on and take Jesus and they can still live with their divorced partner and get mad at me after 16 years, when I am still now 16 years later trying to get them to accept Jesus Christ and be born again. What I wanted, as you are doing, was to pray for their salvation first, and I did and stayed away, I understand their partner accepted now which is great, but I don't know if it is real for they don't seem to get salvation, but you know I pray and let God handle it, I witness and let God move thru His Spirit. You know you are doing good letting her go for God, stick with it.

arena
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity