Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 09:52 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,772,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Whoa..... LoveBoating is now LoveRodeo?!? How'd you pull that off? The copied quotes still show the old info (like comparing post 82 and 104). I need to ask to change mine to LoveGumbo or something.
Next up: LoveTrolling

Old 02-23-2022, 11:43 PM

811 posts, read 880,783 times
Settle down. There've been others on CD who have changed their usernames, including several currently posting. Rodeo is where his heart is. This thread is one of the more unique and entertaining ones I've read. It cinched me with the cowboy hats and extensive plastic rodeo set. I hope they find their dream place.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:02 AM

11,141 posts, read 6,741,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Stay out of Wyoming: you will not be welcome.
That's harsh. I was happy in Wyoming for a year, on a working cattle ranch.

We enjoyed mj along with many others. Oh my!

Old 02-24-2022, 09:55 AM

1,250 posts, read 686,772 times
What was the bit about the nude cowboy suit?

Old 02-24-2022, 09:56 AM

11,229 posts, read 7,290,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Next up: LoveTrolling
LOL That was my first post to read today, so thanks for getting the day started with a whimsical smile Couldn't rep you again, so this will have to do.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:49 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,772,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
Nonono. The term nudie is a distortion of the designer’s name. They are flashy pseudocowboy show costumes.

The term used that way always fires up Glen Campbell’s song in my head: Rhinestone Cowboy.

“I’ve done a load of compromising on the road to my horizon” is the line that should be remembered here.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:05 AM

9,035 posts, read 20,462,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Does the hat define the cowboy/cowgirl?

A, B, and C.

A: Many a time, people have looked at me in the office and said it looked like I was ready to go out in the field/expedition/safari. Boots, jeans, Tac shirt, my brush hat down my back on its stampede strings.

B: My day to day hat is an REI/Columbia Bush/Booney hat. Been wearing those since the 90s. There is a Nat'l Geo cover in the last century that shows, I believe, an Aussie cowgirl after a rain squall (have that one around somewhere, it made it out of the apartments). Not rodeo cowgirl hat but to me, it still is.

C: When I pull my F250 out of the garage before the sun is up and load it up with coolers for an activity, I am feeling very Cowgirl for this is what we do in Texas. It's how you approach it, just like you can be a marine biologist in Texas, too! It's how you approach it.

........and then there is D: I love my silver jewelry. Practically speaking, it is something I can wear daily, that makes me feel good about myself (because I am a good Witch), it is very western from a few approaches such as lore and history.......and it's an investment which I hope never have to cash in.

Silver and leather, what could be more natural?
My wife, who is now 74, loves wearing either a baseball cap and her Felt/straw cowboy hat. When we lived in northeastern Florida, she only wore her black felt once and that was to a USTRC Southern Affiliate Team Roping at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center and her straw to a rodeo in Lake City. I wore mine straw to that also. We were just watching and taking photos. I wore my black felt to a dinner on a wedding anniversary and, not only was the couple stunned that went with us, so was multiple people in the restaurant who were looking at me.

In 2000, when I met my wife, she wore a straw to our first meeting at a restaurant. During that year, and years before, ladies wearing a straw or Felt to a rodeo and/or to a country-western nightclub was extremely popular. And, no Flat Hats back then. The popularity of ladies wearing a cowboy hat has dropped off dramatically since those years before.

In fact, the entire time we were in Vegas, this last Dec. for the NFR, she wore her black felt hat.

Even though lady rodeo fans wearing cowboy hats has faded quite a bit, my wife still loves wearing hers to a rodeo or even other places. She doesn't get the "looks" at a rodeo, but other places, yes.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,829,390 times
Quote:

Old 02-24-2022, 11:11 AM

193 posts, read 158,964 times
Quote:
OP: What have you actually DONE since you started this thread?
I have just about convinced myself that all he really wants to do is drone on and on and on AND ON AND ON about rodeo and fashion.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:13 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,161,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveRodeo View Post
My wife, who is now 74, loves wearing either a baseball cap and her Felt/straw cowboy hat. When we lived in northeastern Florida, she only wore her black felt once and that was to a USTRC Southern Affiliate Team Roping at the Jacksonville Equestrian Center and her straw to a rodeo in Lake City. I wore mine straw to that also. We were just watching and taking photos. I wore my black felt to a dinner on a wedding anniversary and, not only was the couple stunned that went with us, so was multiple people in the restaurant who were looking at me.

In 2000, when I met my wife, she wore a straw to our first meeting at a restaurant. During that year, and years before, ladies wearing a straw or Felt to a rodeo and/or to a country-western nightclub was extremely popular. And, no Flat Hats back then. The popularity of ladies wearing a cowboy hat has dropped off dramatically since those years before.

In fact, the entire time we were in Vegas, this last Dec. for the NFR, she wore her black felt hat.

Even though lady rodeo fans wearing cowboy hats has faded quite a bit, my wife still loves wearing hers to a rodeo or even other places. She doesn't get the "looks" at a rodeo, but other places, yes.

Ahhh, but let us ask that question.......do they have stampede strings? Interestingly enough, there are times when I have had them installed on a hat......that people didn't know what I was talking about.

Finally, a thing I like about Western wear is that in sun conscious, skin cancer times, it is just part of the outfit to have a wide brim hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement