Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 08:28 PM

5,343 posts, read 6,060,947 times

Advertisements

My group was pushed back to early March. That said, I'm not particularly impressed with Moderna's vaccine so I may decline it if that is all that is available at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 05:35 AM

2,738 posts, read 2,259,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
My group was pushed back to early March. That said, I'm not particularly impressed with Moderna's vaccine so I may decline it if that is all that is available at that time.
Will you have a choice?

Old 01-11-2021, 06:56 AM

15,255 posts, read 13,062,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Will you have a choice?

She might have. There are other vaccines in the pipeline.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:36 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,487,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
They are fortunate. I was basically confined to my bed yesterday. Sure, some people may experience mild side effects. I've never had a harsh reaction to a vaccine.

At worst, I thought I'd have some soreness and maybe a fever. This gave me every COVID symptom, put it in a bucket, then dumped it on me. Horrible.
Both ironic and tone deaf to hear complaints of the strong immune reaction likely incurred because of your relative youth and the strength of your immune system.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:40 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
No doubt you can probably get the vaccine from the "dark web" if you like, for a price of course!
And for all you would know, it could be bleach. I think I'll wait for my turn to come through the regular channels.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:42 AM

15,255 posts, read 13,062,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Both ironic and tone deaf to hear complaints of the strong immune reaction likely incurred because of your relative youth and the strength of your immune system.

I sense it's time for a music video.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:13 AM

2,843 posts, read 3,220,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
They are fortunate. I was basically confined to my bed yesterday. Sure, some people may experience mild side effects. I've never had a harsh reaction to a vaccine.

At worst, I thought I'd have some soreness and maybe a fever. This gave me every COVID symptom, put it in a bucket, then dumped it on me. Horrible.

At least you know you got a legitimate, viable vaccine. LOL

Old 01-12-2021, 08:22 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,263,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
I am in Phase 4 and received my initial vaccination this morning. My wife is Phase 1B and was also vaccinated this morning.

Long story. I will write a post describing the How & Why, and recommendations how others might be able to Ethically Jump the Covid Vaccination Queue too.
Please do. Im in Michigan and 64.5 which means I'm the end of the line. And I'm sort ok with that on the one hand, after a bizzilion vaccinations in the military, including the 70s swine flu and antrax (which I'm convinced the 3rd one damaged me) I'm sort of unenthused re the vaccination thing. But, I'm AB+. BIL is A and still on oxygen 6 months later after covid. Small amount of data but seems to hit certain blood groups worse.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:39 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,179,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
As for posts #22 and #27, anecdotes from one's very small life are not worthwhile.

I guess you missed the part where I stated that I was posting from heavily populated South Florida. Almost seven million residents.

But thank goodness we have you to decide what is and what is not worthwhile.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,615,155 times
And I was talking about how extensive testing arrived too late thruout the U.S. - the point was the lack of timeliness and late beginning of organizing testing........not the existence of testing after the delay....

if you go back, I wrote a paragraph about the DELAY in testing being organized and given in a timely matter in the beginning, not the existence of testing now or several months ago or six months ago.....

more testing at the very beginning of pandemic would have helped to stop the wide spread of Covid.....the administration downplayed the need for testing to be organized way back at the beginning.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement