Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 07:45 PM

5,330 posts, read 6,025,466 times

Advertisements

I'm disgusted with both the CDC and the FDA. They are too easily influenced by the WH. I was considering volunteering for one of the studies, but not anymore.
https://www.philstar.com/world/2020/...after-exposure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 08:18 PM

37,118 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I'm disgusted with both the CDC and the FDA. They are too easily influenced by the WH. I was considering volunteering for one of the studies, but not anymore.
https://www.philstar.com/world/2020/...after-exposure
Well, to be honest, since so many people in the US consider contact tracing to be a violation of their "rights" and refuse to stay home if they are not "sick", identifying people who are asymptomatic does waste a lot of tests.

Why should the change make you unwilling to volunteer for a study? We still need those study results.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:17 AM

1,131 posts, read 388,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Why should the change make you unwilling to volunteer for a study? We still need those study results.
maybe because both organizations (FDA and CDC) are showing they're not on the up-and-up and falling under the undue influence of a political party?

Old 08-27-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
maybe because both organizations (FDA and CDC) are showing they're not on the up-and-up and falling under the undue influence of a political party?
The CDC and the FDA are not doing the studies.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:47 AM

1,131 posts, read 388,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The CDC and the FDA are not doing the studies.
They unduly influence what becomes of the studies/results. FDA makes decisions on therapeutics based on the results.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...perts-n1238164

Old 08-27-2020, 06:43 AM

403 posts, read 240,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
I'll be cautious and wait for a bit before deciding to take the vaccine.

Infrequent serious side effects, if there are any, may not be apparent for a very long time. I have already lost half a year of my remaining life to being locked at home, and can't see doing that for much longer if there is a reasonable alternative. The remote risk of a delayed complication is acceptable to me, and I'll get the first approved vaccine as soon as I can. I am sure I already breathe carcinogenic air, eat carcinogenic food, drink carcinogenic water, and wash my hair with carcinogenic shampoo, and the risk of vaccine is unlikely to be higher than the minor ordinary activities of daily living in the 21st century.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
They unduly influence what becomes of the studies/results. FDA makes decisions on therapeutics based on the results.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...perts-n1238164
Did you miss that what Dr. Hahn said was immediately criticized, he admitted his mistake, and that he corrected it?

If you insist on perfection there will never be another new drug or medical treatment of any kind.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:07 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,006,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybgrnle View Post
Infrequent serious side effects, if there are any, may not be apparent for a very long time. I have already lost half a year of my remaining life to being locked at home, and can't see doing that for much longer if there is a reasonable alternative. The remote risk of a delayed complication is acceptable to me, and I'll get the first approved vaccine as soon as I can. I am sure I already breathe carcinogenic air, eat carcinogenic food, drink carcinogenic water, and wash my hair with carcinogenic shampoo, and the risk of vaccine is unlikely to be higher than the minor ordinary activities of daily living in the 21st century.
Truth. We all take risks in our daily lives. We decide for ourselves what risks are acceptable.

With regard to Covid-19, I view it the same way I view cancer, flu, or any other disease: I try to prevent it as reasonably as I can, and I hope that if I do get it, it won’t suck too bad. I refuse to panic.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:40 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,410,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Truth. We all take risks in our daily lives. We decide for ourselves what risks are acceptable.

With regard to Covid-19, I view it the same way I view cancer, flu, or any other disease: I try to prevent it as reasonably as I can, and I hope that if I do get it, it won’t suck too bad. I refuse to panic.

Yes. And taking precautions is not panicking.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Yes. And taking precautions is not panicking.
It is a bit like giving a venomous snake a wide berth, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement