Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2020, 12:41 AM

23,226 posts, read 29,066,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Anyone with friends or relatives adverse to wearing a mask — show them this shocking video and proof of how masks really do work very well. And these aren’t even the really good masks they used.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsWithKev...5706771159373/
In the Philippines, 130,000 have been arrested for not wearing a mask. Ok! You put all these dangerous criminals into a detention facility and the virus spreads like wildfire! An exercise in futility!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 12:46 AM

37,118 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In the Philippines, 130,000 have been arrested for not wearing a mask. Ok! You put all these dangerous criminals into a detention facility and the virus spreads like wildfire! An exercise in futility!
Source? Detained or fined?

Old 07-12-2020, 08:54 AM

403 posts, read 240,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
Talked to my brother in Texas yesterday. Their family considers masks to be useless so do not use them and consider virus deaths to be hugely overinflated. They have recently posted FB pictures of family reunions (my SIL's family) at their home with no one wearing masks. And my nephew's two adult stepdaughters have moved back in with him and his wife. These young women are very irresponsible. All of this convinced me that I will not be visiting relatives at Christmas but will be staying at home alone.

There was something in the news about a 30 year old previously healthy man that went to a COVID party in TX (basicaly, they throw a party with one or more people known to be positive for the virus, with close contact, no masks, no precautions of any kind - because they believe the virus is an ordinary flu virus and the rest of the story about it is a hoax). Well, this 30 year old got sick after the party, and died last week. He told the ICU staff he believed he had made a mistake. I believe the story should be more widely publicized, although plain facts have never been known to change minds of those people who think their smugness is more powerful than reality.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:17 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
It is no wonder that so many people think that this virus is no big deal when you have leaders like this Ohio congressman saying that people should stop being tested and shouldn't wear face masks. It certainly does not give much hope that this will be brought under control any time soon.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/10/ohio-r...-for-covid-19/

Old 07-12-2020, 09:27 AM

2,873 posts, read 2,063,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
k7baixo: Sleeping was a big thing for me. I slept for hours at a time, got up long enough to drink some water, go to the bathroom, then back to the couch or the bed. I had some bathroom issues but thought it could have been something I ate. I wasn't very good at making meals (skipped a lot of them). Sleep was more important.

Waiting for test results.
@NYgal1542 - did you receive your results yet? I hope all is well!

K7kid’s shopping list for me to deliver later this morning would indicate that her appetite is back. No more body aches either. We only know two people personally who have had the virus, both had similar experiences. Three to five days of body aches, exhaustion, fevers, etc followed by recovery.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:36 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,006,003 times
Here's the thing I don't get about COVID-19 testing: Suppose you get tested today, and the results are negative. Yippee. But you can get infected tomorrow. So what good did that test do you?

Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM

403 posts, read 240,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Here's the thing I don't get about COVID-19 testing: Suppose you get tested today, and the results are negative. Yippee. But you can get infected tomorrow. So what good did that test do you?

If you think you were exposed or if you have symptoms, it can guide behavior (quarantine, tracing & warning contacts, seeking medical care). Random testing of a population sample can give an idea to the local government about prevalence of the virus in a certain area. No, it does not predict future.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:20 AM

5,948 posts, read 5,117,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
@NYgal1542 - did you receive your results yet? I hope all is well!

K7kid’s shopping list for me to deliver later this morning would indicate that her appetite is back. No more body aches either. We only know two people personally who have had the virus, both had similar experiences. Three to five days of body aches, exhaustion, fevers, etc followed by recovery.

Results take a week or two, I don't know why other than so many people being tested,

Thank you for your well wishes.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:35 AM

16,102 posts, read 10,766,542 times
There is a bottleneck in getting results back from the labs -- too many tests. We could contract with other labs in other countries -- Ireland did that when they had a huge backlog. We have four main test sites and cars are lined up for a couple blocks in 100-degree heat.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:01 PM

23,226 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Source? Detained or fined?
Just read it in the most recent Economist magazine, which I subscribe to, in the Asian section. Detained!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement