Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 07:28 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,059,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
This is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

If they are like our military, the soldiers have to choice. My husband said he couldn't believe how many vaccinations the AF gave him. There is no right to decline them.
Yes, even in 1976, it was tough sledding.

We had a friend come down with Covid after a Monday night gathering where we stayed apart and my wife wore her mask. Our friend began feeling bad on Wednesday, was tested the following Friday, received the results on Monday and notified us that same day. That was almost three weeks ago. She has recovered fully already.

My daughter went to the ER on Sat and was diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia. I picked her up, we both wore masks. Lots of fun filling her Rx on a holiday Saturday. For some reason, she had to be tested again on Monday, it was positive. I delivered a car full of food and liquids that morning to her condo and the building people took the items up for us. Typical symptoms, lots of sleep, doing as well as expected otherwise, thank goodness.

I had to pick up one older neighbor from the airport yesterday. We both wore masks. Our other other neighbor canceled her Friday pizza order that I normally pick up and deliver to her. She doesn’t want to take any chances. I sent her a text to make certain. She hasn’t responded yet and may be wavering. Lol

I haven’t been anywhere w/o a mask unless I could keep my distance. Everyone is being a bit more cautious but not panicked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 05:19 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,111,045 times
k7baixo: Sleeping was a big thing for me. I slept for hours at a time, got up long enough to drink some water, go to the bathroom, then back to the couch or the bed. I had some bathroom issues but thought it could have been something I ate. I wasn't very good at making meals (skipped a lot of them). Sleep was more important.

Waiting for test results.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:38 AM

2,873 posts, read 2,059,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
k7baixo: Sleeping was a big thing for me. I slept for hours at a time, got up long enough to drink some water, go to the bathroom, then back to the couch or the bed. I had some bathroom issues but thought it could have been something I ate. I wasn't very good at making meals (skipped a lot of them). Sleep was more important.

Sounds like the same issues that K7kid is experiencing. She already had antibiotics for a sinus infection and they gave her another antibiotic for the pneumonia so I'm sure that is what's driving her "issues".

She was more worried about exposing me. When she got the news, she could barely talk through the tears... "I'm worried about you because you're soooooo oooold."

All I could do was reassure her that I have no concerns. Aerobically speaking, I've got the heart and lungs of a 30 year old. (And I don't mean buried in the backyard. )

Oh yes... our neighbor did change her mind on her pizza. I laid out the steps she can take to protect herself. I'm a former med lab tech from my USAF days and understand microbiology, hematology, chemisty, etc better than the average person even 40 years post service. She agreed to the steps I suggested and is comfortable now. She looks forward so much to pizza on Fridays & so I'm happy she's on track for delivery today.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:02 AM

12,033 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Anyone with friends or relatives adverse to wearing a mask — show them this shocking video and proof of how masks really do work very well. And these aren’t even the really good masks they used.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsWithKev...5706771159373/

Old 07-10-2020, 10:28 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
We have to take the virus test Tuesday in order to fly and it's required to enter our country. Also, cost is over $100 each for non-residents. Ouch.

Man, if one of us tests positive, it's disaster. Lose our flight, have to get new accommodations at the height of tourist season.

Of course, the airline might cancel for the third time!

This is keeping me up at night!

Old 07-10-2020, 01:22 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,382,070 times
Talked to my brother in Texas yesterday. Their family considers masks to be useless so do not use them and consider virus deaths to be hugely overinflated. They have recently posted FB pictures of family reunions (my SIL's family) at their home with no one wearing masks. And my nephew's two adult stepdaughters have moved back in with him and his wife. These young women are very irresponsible. All of this convinced me that I will not be visiting relatives at Christmas but will be staying at home alone.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:06 PM

18,705 posts, read 33,369,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
... All of this convinced me that I will not be visiting relatives at Christmas but will be staying at home alone.
And best you should. Your relatives sound hopelessly deluded on the public health situation, as you know.
I've spent every Christmas that I didn't work alone with the dogs. It's very nice, actually. Got a pity dinner invite last year and the company was... terrible. Turns out I was brought in to make conversation. It was brutal.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:56 PM
JRR

8,161 posts, read 5,653,202 times
Our local regional hospital just announced that they are not going to be doing any elective surgery that requires an overnight stay. The number of hospitalizations here due to the virus has jumped substantially the last few days.

Local leaders are still resisting making the wearing of face masks in public mandatory because there is so much resistance to it. They request that people act responsibly but so many are into the individual freedom line when it comes to face masks.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:15 PM

93 posts, read 54,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
We have to take the virus test Tuesday in order to fly and it's required to enter our country. Also, cost is over $100 each for non-residents. Ouch.

Man, if one of us tests positive, it's disaster. Lose our flight, have to get new accommodations at the height of tourist season.

Of course, the airline might cancel for the third time!

This is keeping me up at night!
I have friends who own a home in Roatan and they go down for three months every year. This year they got stuck there and finally got home earlier this week after five months. They had quite a time with airline reservations, etc. They had no virus there until a couple of weeks before they left. It was brought in by people who lived there but they 'snuck in' by boat because the island was on shutdown with nobody coming or going. Two people tested positive and by the time my friends left there were six. They are back in CA now and on a 14 day self imposed quarantine.

Old 07-11-2020, 07:58 PM

12,058 posts, read 10,264,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

My cousin and my aunt are in quarantine, but she says they tested negative. But it was a finger stick, not mouth swab.

She said after they did their tests, went home and slept for about three days! I told her to go get tested with the swab.

Her brother, sister, DIL, granddaughter, and two nieces are positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement