Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 07:34 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that those who were patients of xxx hospital in the prior two years would automatically receive a notice via MyChart advising them of their eligibility to receive the vaccine at one of its medical centers.
I use MyChart - maybe my med center is one of the xxx - hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 07:42 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There was much less paperwork and the injection gun was used, enabling a quick assembly line approach.

I remember the injection gun. It seemed less scary than a syringe. We kids were firmly convinced the needle would go all the way through our arm.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:53 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I remember the injection gun. It seemed less scary than a syringe. We kids were firmly convinced the needle would go all the way through our arm.
I still am . I got skinny arms !

Old 01-16-2021, 07:54 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am 58 and in good health with no preexisting conditions that I know of, but I lost my spouse unexpectedly about five months ago, and then I fell and broke my right elbow really badly, which meant I had to have surgery in October and now I have tons of permanent hardware in my right arm. GOOD TIMES! But apparently that's not enough of a pre existing condition to move me to the front of the line, because I signed up online and haven't heard a peep from anyone. So I guess I'll just wait along with nearly everyone else.

Did you think your circumstances would warrant moving you to the front on the line? If so, on what grounds?

Old 01-16-2021, 08:03 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
I am 58 and in good health with no preexisting conditions that I know of, but I lost my spouse unexpectedly about five months ago, and then I fell and broke my right elbow really badly, which meant I had to have surgery in October and now I have tons of permanent hardware in my right arm. GOOD TIMES! But apparently that's not enough of a pre existing condition to move me to the front of the line, because I signed up online and haven't heard a peep from anyone. So I guess I'll just wait along with nearly everyone else.
No offense, Kathryn, but I'm 67 and I have four pre-existing conditions: hypertension, asthma, bronchiectasis and coronary artery disease.

I hope you don't mind if I get a vaccination sooner.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:24 PM

5,327 posts, read 6,012,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I still am . I got skinny arms !
Me too ! Before going in for my flu and pneumonia shots I researched the CDC site to determine which size needles were acceptable for each vaccine. I then told the assistant at the pharmacy what size needle I wanted and she relayed this to the pharmacist. The pharmacist was great and I could not feel either injection. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be doable for the CoVid vaccine.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:09 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
So far the people in charge of my state have been handling this like it's a flu vaccine: just announce it's available, some pharmacies have it. crazy.
We have a ray of light though, the gov has put a new guy - military - in charge of logistics & given him lots of leeway. Fingers crossed.

My vaccine appt. is Jan 31, dh's isn't until early March. We're ok with that, we have no underlying conditions. Worried about those who do.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:18 PM

3,247 posts, read 2,333,796 times
Quote:
I lucked out when my son knew a nurse at a hospital in another county where they had an excess of doses of the vaccine and were allowing anyone, of any age, to get an appointment. My whole family, including my 35 year old son and his 27 year old gf, has had the first round of inoculations. We all have appointments for our second shot in 3 weeks and then we're done. Keep asking around to see if you can find something like this. Vaccines only last a month or so, if they aren't used they are thrown out. Some hospitals are smart enough to give out those vaccines before they expire.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:54 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I do believe those in charge are waiting until Biden is in office on the 20th and then miraculously the vaccines will appear. Not a conspiracy theorist but I have lived long enough to know what people are capable of in order to push a certain agenda.
You're probably one of the ones who insisted Covid would disappear November 4.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:58 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I was able to get an appointment finally....March 10 at one of the mall mega sites. They're opening a new mega center not too far from me in early February, when they open going to try to get an earlier appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement