Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:28 AM

6 posts, read 6,426 times

Advertisements

I'm Bahai it's fairly new, only established around a century ago and we believe in ALL religions, which means we tolerate everyones beliefs and not just our own. We believe in the eradiction of racism, equality between men and women and world peace. What I love about our religion is that we believe in ALL religions-its not as if you say 'Im Christian' and you give us general information about your religion and we don't care and try and covert you-we listen and we understand because we believe in what you believe in aswell. The same goes for Muslims, Hindus, Budhists etc.
Infact, the son of our believer visted the US in the 19th or 20th century (can't remember exactly) along with many others including Europe and the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM

20,461 posts, read 12,854,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Tell me something good about your religion -- religion gives me an impression of being nothing but hell, tell me your ideas of the good part it.
The opportunity to live forever!

I'm a Christian.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 2,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

I'm a Christian.

Your number dwindles....all over the world. You just keep looking for that guy riding in on a cloud and see what it gets you. When I was a boy almost eighty years ago hiways had signs saying, "Jesus Is Coming Soon!" We also saw it painted on barn tops. That bull**** is on it's way out. Church membership and attendance are a reflection of intelligence. Most folks have given up on ancient fairy tales!

Old 07-28-2017, 04:52 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,019,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrard View Post
Your number dwindles....all over the world. You just keep looking for that guy riding in on a cloud and see what it gets you. When I was a boy almost eighty years ago hiways had signs saying, "Jesus Is Coming Soon!" We also saw it painted on barn tops. That bull**** is on it's way out. Church membership and attendance are a reflection of intelligence. Most folks have given up on ancient fairy tales!
Revelation 17:1,15 shows that religious waters (people) would dry up spiritually.- Isaiah 57:20.
So, it should Not surprise us about Christendom's religious attendance - Matthew 7:21-23.
What is on the ' way out ' are the fake 'weed/tares' Christians at the soon coming time of separation - Matthew 25:31-33.

Wrong guesses about Jesus' coming (Matthew 24:36) does Not make the Bible wrong, just makes the guesses as wrong.

We are now nearing the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14, and nearing the ' final signal ' of 1 Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill - Matthew 25:37.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

I'm a Christian.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:17 PM

11,208 posts, read 7,267,789 times
I'm religion-free, but have spiritual beliefs and values.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I'm religion-free, but have spiritual beliefs and values.
I am man-made religion-free and also have beliefs which may be termed spiritual. I share my values however, with many who do not tread my path. Most of my brothers, sisters, cousins, friends et al are some form of Christian or Agnostic.

But my brethren/kin all know that it is not our beliefs, or lack thereof, which defines us -- it's our actions and interactions.

We care about each other, others, and the planet more than we care about which god we do, or don't, believe in.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:24 PM

20,461 posts, read 12,854,610 times
Quote:
Actually, most of the world is religious.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:58 AM

5 posts, read 2,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Revelation 17:1,15 shows that religious waters (people) would dry up spiritually.- Isaiah 57:20.
So, it should Not surprise us about Christendom's religious attendance - Matthew 7:21-23.
What is on the ' way out ' are the fake 'weed/tares' Christians at the soon coming time of separation - Matthew 25:31-33.

Wrong guesses about Jesus' coming (Matthew 24:36) does Not make the Bible wrong, just makes the guesses as wrong.

We are now nearing the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14, and nearing the ' final signal ' of 1 Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill - Matthew 25:37.

Like I've already stated. I don't believe any ancient fairy tales. Even if you folks have your bible and testament it should fall on deaf ears after being sorted and revamped by the Roman emperor Constantine about 350-370 AD

Old 08-15-2017, 10:17 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,073,752 times
Quote:
Like I've already stated. I don't believe any ancient fairy tales. Even if you folks have your bible and testament it should fall on deaf ears after being sorted and revamped by the Roman emperor Constantine about 350-370 AD

Constantine definitely did a number on the NT, Helenizing it because he wanted to use it to start his own state religion, but he wasn't smart enough to go after the root with the same strength of purpose, thinking it didn't matter any more. But the root bears witness to the fruit, and vice versa. So using his works as a reason not to believe, is really not a good reason. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality