Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
It is offensive to traditional Jews to use the term "Old Testament" as this indicates that the Bible has been replaced or superseded (supersessionism) by a "New Testament", the Christian Bible.

Traditional Judaism does not accept that the Bible, or if you prefer, the Jewish Bible, has been replaced or superseded by the Christian Bible.

According to Maimonides (Rabbi Moses ben Maimon, otherwise known by the acronym Rambam, 1135-1204 C.E.), "The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses and there will be no other Torah (Source: Rambam's thirteen principles of faith).
I do no know a lot regarding my Jewish heritage...I just know Jewish blood flows through my veins and where they originally came from...but, have been Christian ever since they came to this country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
You should read the Padgett messages and see what God says about communicating with spirits.
I have a long time ago and find it entertaining at best...But, why is what he wrote truth and what the prophets wrote not?...interesting...both were written by men...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
It is offensive to traditional Jews to use the term "Old Testament" as this indicates that the Bible has been replaced or superseded (supersessionism) by a "New Testament", the Christian Bible.

Traditional Judaism does not accept that the Bible, or if you prefer, the Jewish Bible, has been replaced or superseded by the Christian Bible.

According to Maimonides (Rabbi Moses ben Maimon, otherwise known by the acronym Rambam, 1135-1204 C.E.), "The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses and there will be no other Torah (Source: Rambam's thirteen principles of faith).

It is offensive to any Jew not just traditional Jews to use the term Old Testament and to say the Christian bible replaced the Hebrew Bible.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I'll add a little to this post. In the times of Jesus and even before, spirit communication happened all the time and it was very normal and people didn't get all freaked out about it. It wasn't until several years after his passing into the spirit world when church leaders began creating their little domains and re-writing the bible that they moved away from spiritualism. And it wasn't until many years later that people began having spiritual experiences themselves so they knew that spirit communication is real and possible and that we can all do this if we are in the proper spiritual condition to do so.

What people haven't been taught in the bible is that we are spiritual beings with a spirit body and soul and the purpose for our existence is for two reasons: 1) that our spirit body get a form (which is the identical replica of our physical body) and 2) that our soul have a personality. And it is our spirit body with our soul that lives beyond the death of our physical body in the spirit world... and to understand what that world is like... the earth is the image.

All of this is explained very simply in Jesus' writings through Padgett and is understood more fully by those of us who are receiving God's Divine Love and going through soul development. And one of the blessings of receiving it... is that it removes our fears, because fear is an inharmony to Love, which is of God.
You only convince yourself you do not fear...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
He was. He was a teacher, one who was learned and had a group of followers. He was a Jewish man, who's religion was Judaism and he never gave up his religious tradition.
No, he was not...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:29 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,696,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I do no know a lot regarding my Jewish heritage...I just know Jewish blood flows through my veins and where they originally came from...but, have been Christian ever since they came to this country...
If you are a descendent along the female line from someone who was Jewish, then you are Jewish and bound by the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments).

Old 09-05-2010, 04:33 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,696,228 times
Quote:
No, he was not...
Jesus of Nazareth was an observant Jew, who only ate kosher food, observed Shabbat and all the Holy and Festival Days, who kept all of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) that are binding on individuals, and, as a rabbi, was a Pharisee.

Last edited by Walter Greenspan; 09-05-2010 at 04:48 PM..

Old 09-05-2010, 06:55 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
Illiterate, probably, I posted something on this a while back.

What interests me is that the many of the old testament books were pinned later on, many under the orders of King David (1040–970 BC) Someone referenced Moses, well, we know that Moses was a fictional charcater, a hero myth written later on to explain Jewish mythology, but not a literal real person.
Moses never wrote anything himself because Moses was not real. A real person in his power would have probably been literate, or at least had the foresight to ask a scribe to write for him.
Likewise with Jesus. If (Assuming he were real) He thought his teachings to be so important, and he himself were illiterate, why didn't he ask anyone... someone ... anyone... to write anything down?

Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Quote:
I have a long time ago and find it entertaining at best...But, why is what he wrote truth and what the prophets wrote not?...interesting...both were written by men...
You did... that's very interesting. On the contrary, both were not written by men... the bible, yes... the Padgett messages, no. They are spirit communications, some from the highest spiritual source, of which I've already posted was Jesus, himself.

There are laws that were created for spirits to communicate with us by automatic writing through a medium. Many people have this ability and I'm one of them. This message explains the process.

"The spirit who attempts to write through a medium can form a rapport when the medium's condition harmonizes with his own. Unless this harmony exists, it is impossible for the spirit to write those things which require a greater degree of development than the medium possesses at that time.
Hence, you will understand in a way why so few of the higher spiritual Truths have ever been delivered to the world through the mediumship of any mortal who has been possessed of gifts of either automatic writing (as it is called), or clairvoyance, or inspirational powers. As to those truths which did not require a higher degree of development than was possessed by the medium, there arose no difficulty in transmitting the same, and many mediums have been very successful in receiving the truth suited to their condition."

The Laws of Rapport and Communication Between Spirits and Mortals (http://tinyurl.com/2565x3y - broken link)

Old 09-06-2010, 12:06 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
And you would think that if Jesus is who Christian make him out to be, why write a book? Leave us a PBS documentary or something. E-mail us or befriend us on Facebook.

On an Old Testament note, ever wondered why Israel, who supposedly had the almighty god of the universe on their side never seemed to be ahead of their enemies when it came to weapons? You would have thought that while Israel's enemies were still toying around with words and spears, god would have upgraded Israel to cruise missiles, jet fighters and Uzis. Now THAT would have been impressive.
I think coming back from the dead is impressive enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality