Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:20 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You should read the OT and see what God has to say about communicateing with the dead...
You know, when we were created, God gave us the Gifts of spirit communication. It was His way of knowing and ensuring that we stay in contact with Him. He is our Father and we should all be in constant contact with Him.

When our first parents fell and refused the Gift of Divine Love, all communication was stopped. All through the ages we have slowly reconnected to our Father, the Creator of all and the One we are to go to for guidance and all that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness.

Because of men and their lame ideas of God and the spirit world, people FEAR that which is rightfully ours from our Father. The OT is full of fear and God would never have us fear Him or any other being in the spirit world. I'm sorry that you have the same fear of the OT writers. Any inspiration that teaches Truth, Beauty and Goodnes is of God. It doesn't matter where the information comes from or from whom, it's always the message that's important.

Do you honestly belive the bible when it states that God ordered someone to kill or harm another when in all actuality God is ALL that is Truth, Beauty and goodness? If so, then maybe you are being led by the very things you fear. The evil of the world instead of the Goodness of God. With God all things are possible including the right to communicate with the spirits world.

You should actually read more than just a few of the messages from the Celestials. You would see that they do not guide through harm or vindication. Only through Love and gentleness.

Just because something is written in a book, no matter what that book is or who says it's true, does not make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 07:39 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I think it would be likely that Jesus like most of the population at the time would have been unable to read or write although I've never heard anyone express an opinion on it.
As a Jewish male, not to mention a rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth would have been able to read and write Hebrew, as well as read and write (using the Hebrew alphabet) Aramaic, as prayers during the 21 or so required religious services during the week (the daily evening, morning and afternoon services), were to be read, not memorized.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
When our first parents fell and refused the Gift of Divine Love, all communication was stopped. ............................
.................................................. ......................
Just because something is written in a book, no matter what that book is or who says it's true, does not make it true.
Does this mean you believe in the Adam/Eve story?
If so,thank you for giving 'us' yet another example of the pick and choose method when it comes to the bible
And yet there is criticism when it all gets rejected

Old 09-05-2010, 07:43 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
You should read the OT ...

It is offensive to traditional Jews to use the term "Old Testament" as this indicates that the Bible has been replaced or superseded (supersessionism) by a "New Testament", the Christian Bible.

Traditional Judaism does not accept that the Bible, or if you prefer, the Jewish Bible, has been replaced or superseded by the Christian Bible.

According to Maimonides (Rabbi Moses ben Maimon, otherwise known by the acronym Rambam, 1135-1204 C.E.), "The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses and there will be no other Torah (Source: Rambam's thirteen principles of faith).

Old 09-05-2010, 09:12 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
You should read the OT and see what God has to say about communicateing with the dead...
You should read the Padgett messages and see what God says about communicating with spirits.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Does this mean you believe in the Adam/Eve story?
If so,thank you for giving 'us' yet another example of the pick and choose method when it comes to the bible
And yet there is criticism when it all gets rejected
You are misunderstanding me. I don't read nor adhere to the bible yet I do find things in it that are true. I also do not tell people what to believe. If one does not believe the bible or any other spiritual book, it's their free will right to do so. I "pick and choose" because I can and only God can judge me for what truths I do want to follow. The same goes with everyone else.

If you're an athiest then I believe you have the right to not believe. It's your free will choice and I command you for following that right. You are as much a child of God as anyone esle even if you do not believe. He believes in all no matter what they choose to believe.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:57 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
You know, when we were created, God gave us the Gifts of spirit communication. It was His way of knowing and ensuring that we stay in contact with Him. He is our Father and we should all be in constant contact with Him.
I'll add a little to this post. In the times of Jesus and even before, spirit communication happened all the time and it was very normal and people didn't get all freaked out about it. It wasn't until several years after his passing into the spirit world when church leaders began creating their little domains and re-writing the bible that they moved away from spiritualism. And it wasn't until many years later that people began having spiritual experiences themselves so they knew that spirit communication is real and possible and that we can all do this if we are in the proper spiritual condition to do so.

What people haven't been taught in the bible is that we are spiritual beings with a spirit body and soul and the purpose for our existence is for two reasons: 1) that our spirit body get a form (which is the identical replica of our physical body) and 2) that our soul have a personality. And it is our spirit body with our soul that lives beyond the death of our physical body in the spirit world... and to understand what that world is like... the earth is the image.

All of this is explained very simply in Jesus' writings through Padgett and is understood more fully by those of us who are receiving God's Divine Love and going through soul development. And one of the blessings of receiving it... is that it removes our fears, because fear is an inharmony to Love, which is of God.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

When our first parents fell and refused the Gift of Divine Love, all communication was stopped. All through the ages we have slowly reconnected to our Father, the Creator of all and the One we are to go to for guidance and all that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness.

Because of men and their lame ideas of God and the spirit world, people FEAR that which is rightfully ours from our Father. The OT is full of fear and God would never have us fear Him or any other being in the spirit world. I'm sorry that you have the same fear of the OT writers. Any inspiration that teaches Truth, Beauty and Goodnes is of God. It doesn't matter where the information comes from or from whom, it's always the message that's important.

Do you honestly belive the bible when it states that God ordered someone to kill or harm another when in all actuality God is ALL that is Truth, Beauty and goodness? If so, then maybe you are being led by the very things you fear. The evil of the world instead of the Goodness of God. With God all things are possible including the right to communicate with the spirits world.

You should actually read more than just a few of the messages from the Celestials. You would see that they do not guide through harm or vindication. Only through Love and gentleness.

I fear nothing...And i've been down your road before and found it empty of Truth and void of reason...I recognize what speaks through you...It is just a matter of fact...You claim to be wise but are a fool...Things are the way they are...Things will be the way they will become...your end has been prophesied...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
As a Jewish male, not to mention a rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth would have been able to read and write Hebrew, as well as read and write (using the Hebrew alphabet) Aramaic, as prayers during the 21 or so required religious services during the week (the daily evening, morning and afternoon services), were to be read, not memorized.
Jesus was not a Rabbi...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:13 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Jesus was not a Rabbi...

He was. He was a teacher, one who was learned and had a group of followers. He was a Jewish man, who's religion was Judaism and he never gave up his religious tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality