Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:33 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred314x View Post
if the door opens and closes by itself, you probably need a new door!
lol

Last edited by firstborn888; 10-20-2009 at 05:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
"Lo and it came to be that the junk was too great for the trunk, wherefore the trunk did open, and a great sigh of relief was heard throughout the land. So it is written, selah." --Trunk 4:17-18
That's what you THINK it says. In the original Hebr-arabi-greeky text it says something far different than ye suppose. But schooling to learn all that stuff can be very expensive - so instead SHEPSMOM can just by my little book : "How to exorcise trunks for dummies" for 19.95 plus shipping. Simple, fast and affordable.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:51 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Lots of questions,

How much did it open? How old is the house? Did you hear the handle move?

Its probably nothing. Doors open and close all the time by themselves.

BTW, this is coming from someone who believes in Ghosts.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:17 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Lots of questions
And your list isn't anywhere near complete! The OP didn't tell us whether any of the windows in the bedroom were open at the time. If they were, then maybe the wind is responsible. I know, I know: wind is a lot less exciting than a ghost. But sometimes I can't help having these kinds of thoughts.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:17 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that you believe you experienced something. But it wasn't supernatural. Also, it is completely possible for more than one person to imagine the same non-existent thing...Google 'mass psychogenic illness'. It's well-documented.

And 'because I said so ' is a cop-out, which doesn't surprise me. You claim something otherworldly exists...prove it. Don't just intone '...becaauuuussssse!" like some five-year-old.
Not even necessarily "otherworldly" or "supernatural", just currently unexplained. It is amusing that some random anonymous person who doesn't even know me (or apparently know anything about the subject) is going to tell me what I saw (or didn't see). Whatever...

Old 10-20-2009, 08:35 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Not even necessarily "otherworldly" or "supernatural", just currently unexplained. It is amusing that some random anonymous person who doesn't even know me (or apparently know anything about the subject) is going to tell me what I saw (or didn't see). Whatever...
It's amusing that some random anonymous person is going to tell me that supernatural things exist, when in the entire history of humankind, there has never been scientific proof of such a thing, and said random anonymous person insists that he has evidence to prove it...but when called on it, refuses to produce said evidence. I wouldn't believe you if you said you saw Santa Claus, either.

Whatever...

Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
It's amusing that some random anonymous person is going to tell me that supernatural things exist, when in the entire history of humankind, there has never been scientific proof of such a thing, and said random anonymous person insists that he has evidence to prove it...but when called on it, refuses to produce said evidence. I wouldn't believe you if you said you saw Santa Claus, either.

Whatever...
When did I say I had evidence to prove to the world that supernatural things exist? You can't call someone on something that didn't happen. Did you even read my posts?

All I have are the experiences of my family and myself that are very out of the ordinary. I don't know what is going on at my place, but it sure as hell isn't mass psychotic hallucinations or hoaxes. The OP seems to feel he/she is in the same situation and I sympathize with them. That's it.

Then you come along and start denouncing everything that doesn't fit your idea of reality in your little world. You present no proof of your position other than your own opinion that everyone who says something unexplainable hapened to them is mentally ill.

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but it falls short as an explanation in my experience. I couldn't care less if you belive me but you have no right or business telling people what they did or didn't experience. You were not there.

So... since we're all on the suject of proving intangible things, prove to me you aren't and indignant troll.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If there is no physical reason for it, and if it was caused by a spirit. Then it was a demon. They have been doing things like this for a longtime. They want you to believe it was a ghost.
Uh huh.... you know, my next door neighbor when I was growing up repeatedly saw a demon in her closet. For months & months, she would wake up screaming & her family would come in & pray for her but it kept getting worse & worse. It was a pesky demon & would just sit there on her shoe rack. Must have been a trainee because it wasn't ready for opening doors yet.

Then after 3 stints in the mental hospital & a good dose of medication for her chemical imbalance, she never saw that "demon" again. Funny isn't it?! I guess demons don't like minds working in a rational manner & move on.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Uh huh.... you know, my next door neighbor when I was growing up repeatedly saw a demon in her closet. For months & months, she would wake up screaming & her family would come in & pray for her but it kept getting worse & worse. It was a pesky demon & would just sit there on her shoe rack. Must have been a trainee because it wasn't ready for opening doors yet.

Then after 3 stints in the mental hospital & a good dose of medication for her chemical imbalance, she never saw that "demon" again. Funny isn't it?! I guess demons don't like minds working in a rational manner & move on.
Well of course you would have to know the difference between a chemical imbalance, and demon activity. Tell me, is a chemical imbalance the reason some heavy physical objects levitate in the air while others watch?

phelps

Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:

Whatever...
Science is the study of repeatable natural phenomenon. Of course you're not going to get scientific evidence for the supernatural because almost by definition you can't. You're almost certainly not going to get scientific evidence for set-theory either as infinities don't, probably can't, occur in nature. I doubt you can use science to write down every lost work of Sophocles either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality