Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,922,447 times

Advertisements

in the Old Testament:
Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; Genesis 19:24

In the New Testament :

I Corinthians 6:9-10; Romans 1:26-32

Old 05-03-2007, 11:38 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,023,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Does this also apply to men who marry divorced women?

Matthew 5:31-32

31 "It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.
If you're going to believe in the Bible, you should believe it in it's entirety whether you agree with it or like it or not! Some of us tend to ignore the things we don't like and do these things anyway, and we will be judged accordingly, just like anyone else that goes against God's laws. It doesn't matter if it's homosexuality, adultery, murder or???

Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM

7,553 posts, read 17,304,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
LOL! Well it is called faith, not fact.

Could you attempt to impart this pearl of wisdom to some others here, pleeeease? <G>

Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,274,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
The difference is your SIL is trying but gays are actively engaging in homosexuality.
Ahh, there's the rub! The only thing my SIL is trying to do, is get her next high. She cares not of her faith or family. She cares only for her needle and dollar bills.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:43 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,240,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Actually, my SIL is a heroin addict (well, a drug addict in general and addiction runs in the family) and time and time again she goes to church, asks for forgiveness, falls off the wagon and the cycle starts all over again. Yes, her addiction is innate and yes, she does continue her heroin-driven lifestyle. She can be forgiven, empathized even, yet gays are still shunned and outcasted by Christians. To me, that's such an "un-Christian" thing to do.
I don't think that's a fair comparison for loving someone.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,240,213 times
Everytime a woman wears gold (as in a wedding band, even) she is sinning.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,274,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't think that's a fair comparison for loving someone.
It's not fair for me to make the comparison? Actually, someone else made the analogy of a heroin addict and a gay person. I said it's innate to be gay; she said it's innate to be a heroin addict ... I forget!

Anyway, I was just trying to "counterpoint" her point. No, it isn't fair to compare but when I first met my SIL, I was constantly judged by her, not b'c I wasn't good enough for her bro, but rather b'c I wasn't a Christian. Her entire family (including extended) loves me to death and never judged me b'c I wasn't Christian yet here's the Christian drug addict in the family that thinks I'm not worthy of anything.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,734,240 times
Being gay is a choice. Being heterosexual is a choice. Everyone has desires that they need/want to fulfill. It's evident that going to the Bible will not sell many people on the fact that God does not approve of homosexuality.

Let me ask you a question. How do you feel about youself when you're alone? Do you want to be gay? Do you enjoy being gay? Not for social or society reasons, but personally.

When I was with guys, I made the choice to spend the night. I chose to continue in that lifestyle because I enjoyed the feeling.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,481,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Being gay is a choice. Being heterosexual is a choice. Everyone has desires that they need/want to fulfill. It's evident that going to the Bible will not sell many people on the fact that God does not approve of homosexuality.

Let me ask you a question. How do you feel about youself when you're alone? Do you want to be gay? Do you enjoy being gay? Not for social or society reasons, but personally.

When I was with guys, I made the choice to spend the night. I chose to continue in that lifestyle because I enjoyed the feeling.
I hate to quote someone from another post but I cannot find it again. Someone else on this message board posted a question asking "At what point did you make the choice to become heterosexual?"

Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,218,023 times
Leviticus 18:22
Some English translations of this verse are:
KJV: (King James Version):
Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination
LB: (Living Bible):
Homosexuality is absolutely forbidden, for it is an enormous sin
NIV: (New International Version)
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable
NLT: (New Living Translation):
Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin
RSV: (Revised Standard Version):
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality