Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:51 PM

16 posts, read 37,741 times

Advertisements

anybody who is insecure and unstable enough can turn to a deity, Because of pure power, they feel like they need some extra strength
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,928,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I was reading a thread and began to wonder. Are there any atheists who have since turned to God and are living a Christian life?
Never will. It's too limited of an existence; far too narrowminded. Plus I don't believe in those fairy tales anymore...not since I was about ten or eleven.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Even if it hasn't happened, we sure do give them a lot to think about.
No, you people really don't. It's always the same old empty arguments and the same old empty "proofs" of the existence of a deity. Takes all of a microsecond to think about and then dismiss as irrelevant.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

But, as the book title goes....there's "No atheists in foxholes".
Wrong again. You do many fine soldiers a great disservice by insisting that they do not exist. Shame on you!

Atheists in Foxholes

Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,320,434 times
Sigh! I haven't been in these particular topics for awhile, but I scanned through and spotted this one. I thought it showed good potential to be interesting ~ certainly isn't what the Op was after. What a let-down.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Sigh! I haven't been in these particular topics for awhile, but I scanned through and spotted this one. I thought it showed good potential to be interesting ~ certainly isn't what the Op was after. What a let-down.
That's because once someone is an atheist, they tend to stay that way. Logic and facts and evidence trump fairy tales. Once you stop believing that Santa exists, it's pretty difficult to go back. Thank god.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,320,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
That's because once someone is an atheist, they tend to stay that way. Logic and facts and evidence trump fairy tales. Once you stop believing that Santa exists, it's pretty difficult to go back. Thank god.
"they tend to stay that way". Usually. But there have been converts, and those people are who the originator was targeting. Instead, the post filled up with so much off-topic garbage that I'm surprised it wasn't shut down by now. (I've had entries removed for a less, but some moderators aren't as anal as others.)

All the "logic" and "scientific" arguments I've been reading for months haven't proven a thing to me, either.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,181,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
All the "logic" and "scientific" arguments I've been reading for months haven't proven a thing to me, either.
Proof of what exactly are you looking for?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM

397 posts, read 1,027,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I once didn't believe in God.
And why not now a word from the one who supposedly doesn't believe in atheists' existence?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:39 PM

397 posts, read 1,027,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Says the person who doesn't believe in atheists.
And I scrolled down and realized that you beat me to it. Sorry for the duplicate, Haaziq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality