Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,357,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If the entire world was covered with water that would mean that Noah would have to also include every species of insect in the world and there are countless millions of them and we're finding more all the time. Insects are pretty tough little critters but I'm not aware of any who are adapted to deep sea living. So first of all how did a couple of little beetles from a rain forest in South America make the trip across continents and oceans to the arc? And for that matter how did any animal like a kangaroo for example get from Australia which is surrounded by oceans to the arc?
Here's another really big problem. If all of the land was covered with water for months as described in the Bible then all of the plants would die. Have any of you ever seen a carrot or potato growing at the bottom of the ocean? I don't think so. Plants need light and carbon dioxide in order for photosynthesis to occur. That means they have to be exposed to the atmosphere. If the planet had really been covered with water for such a long period of time every spud, yam, tree and every last blade of grass would be as dead as a doornail.
Ok, let's hear what kinds of crazy ideas can explain all of that away.
Everything said here is true...but anyone who believes Noah's Ark as a literal story is clearly not a rational person and they wont care about all that logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Of course. The biggest problems with figuring out Noah's Ark and the flood arise when you forget that it was a supernatural event and try to explain it completely scientifically.

There's no way it could happen. But it did.
Like I said...irrational. If there's no scientific explanation for something, how can it be so true? The only piece of evidence to support the theory is from a book written (by men, NOT even Jesus wrote the bible) 2000 years ago, but the evidence against is overwhelming.

The rational explanation would be that only a part of the world flooded, he saved dozens of animals, but not all animals. That would be possible. But not global flooding and an ark made of wood big enough to fit rhinos, Asian and African elephants, giraffes, hippos, cows, bears, buffalo and other massive animals without sinking.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Thank you,but the Bible is all I need to read for validity.
Yikes...how do people live like this? I read one book in my life and it's the only one that matters. The bible said that the world has four corners, so I'm going to blindly follow that illogic. What if you had read "Mein Kampf" instead of the bible?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,689,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Yikes...how do people live like this? I read one book in my life and it's the only one that matters. The bible said that the world has four corners, so I'm going to blindly follow that illogic. What if you had read "Mein Kampf" instead of the bible?

Mein Kampf was a pretty good book, actually, I don't condone genocide or anything, though.... It is interesting you should say Mein Kampf, because Hitler said that eradicating the Jews (and other groups) was the Lords work, as he was a devout Catholic.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,686,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Sadly, many people live this way.. if only they would investigate the origins of the bible (of course they won't...) The bible was written by man. They decided what stories would be put in & which would be conveniently left out. Then it was changed, re-written, edited & added on to over hundreds of years. All of this to control the people of the time. Hell is a good one. Getting people to behave a certain way for fear of going to hell still works to this day. Gotta give the writers kudos for that.

The History Channel had a series call "Banished from the Bible" It explains the origins of the bible, why it was written, who was involved with the writings, what they left out & why, etc.. It's very eye opening. Again, I'm doubtful any Christian will watch it for fear of testing their "faith". Sometimes the truth is best ignored I guess. But then it's perfectly acceptable to believe a man lived in a whales stomach for 3 days..

Last edited by PixiStix; 11-07-2008 at 11:11 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,521,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Well, the bible explains what actually happened. Just becuase you cannot reason it out does not mean that it didn't happen. In fact there are many times when I heard people say "I can't believe that..." to something that they were eye witness to. So, I am not shocked by your disbelief of the historical account of the bible.

The bible does give us some clues as to what happened.

The flood was catastrophic and caused the entire world to be destroyed. That is the lush perfect world prior to the flood that had animals and vegitaion everywhere.

Insects were not on the ark. They are not land animals, and probably survived well on matts of vegitation that were floating on the water.

Noah did not go to Austrailia to get kangaroo. You are not thinking in reverse. The Kangaroo migrated to Austrailia after the flood.

The entire geologic column is the evidence of the one event of the Global flood of Noah's day.

Yes there was alot of water that fell. It says that the fountains of the deep broke and the rains fell. It is believed that the earth had only a shell and not individual techtonic plates. When these plates cracked (broke up), the ocean waters hit the hot magma below thrusting steam into the atmosphere. This is were most of the floods water came from. After the flood it went back to were it came, the oceans. Much water was frozen in the polar ice caps in the post flood world. It is Job that references the ice in this post flood world.

The animals were not drugged while on the ark. They acted just like animals do today. With one exception and that is that they only ate vegitation. Genesis is clear that humans and animals only ate vegitation, what the bible refers to as herbs, in the beginning. It is not until after the flood that God allowed the eating of meat.

plants can survive being drenched with water. They can even survive in seed form for a long time. Recently a date palm seed that was 2000 years old was grown in Israel.

The bible explains that the dove returned to Noah with an olive branch.
Insects arent land animals?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,947,041 times
The guy who wrote genesis never saw mt everest.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 PM

353 posts, read 553,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If the entire world was covered with water that would mean that Noah would have to also include every species of insect in the world and there are countless millions of them and we're finding more all the time. Insects are pretty tough little critters but I'm not aware of any who are adapted to deep sea living.
Have you ever seen a coastline after a hurricane, a tsunami or any number of other natural disasters? The water is littered with trees, plants, carcasses, offal and tons of man made objects. Do you think boats in general would suddenly stop floating? Theres a multitude of ways insects could survive without being taken on the Ark.

Quote:
And for that matter how did any animal like a kangaroo for example get from Australia which is surrounded by oceans to the arc?
At that time the continents were all connected (Patagonia) and the animals had decades to get there.
Quote:
Here's another really big problem. If all of the land was covered with water for months as described in the Bible then all of the plants would die. Have any of you ever seen a carrot or potato growing at the bottom of the ocean? I don't think so. Plants need light and carbon dioxide in order for photosynthesis to occur. That means they have to be exposed to the atmosphere. If the planet had really been covered with water for such a long period of time every spud, yam, tree and every last blade of grass would be as dead as a doornail.
Theres a thing called seeds?
Quote:
Ok, let's hear what kinds of crazy ideas can explain all of that away.
Science explains all that away. Kooky scientists.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:49 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,873,809 times
It's interesting that I received this in an email today. Enjoy!

NOAH TODAY...

Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 AM

33,604 posts, read 37,247,364 times
Science explains all that away. Kooky scientists. Yeah right..... I think there is something fundamentally very wrong with a person that dismisses all evidence in favor of an archaic myth.

Pangea existed in Noah's time, and was known by the ancient scribes who wrote the bible???

There is a little problem with the time line here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality