Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:18 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,585,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
You all got it wrong!
Noah didn't just let animals go to their places, he was navigating around the world and was placing all the animals to where they supposed to live, like Kangaroos where delivered to Australia along with all other animals that meant to live there. Then Noah went to Alaska and dropped the Polar bears, you got the idea....

Oh yeah, and imagine how much stink must have been on this boat?? And all the fecal matter, phew!!

I just have one question, how big was that darn boat??
It was 450 feet long ,75 feet wide and 45 feet high and made out of accacia
wood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,682,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I have an artistic rendering available.
Double LOL- thanks for that, I needed a laughter outburst for the evening!

By the way, I doubt any Christians will look into it but I highly recommend the book "The Counter Creationism Handbook".. It addresses every possible excuse believers use to validify the ark story (& many others) & disproves them with facts/logic/science. Even the 'bug on the floating vegetation mat' is disbunked.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,585,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
Double LOL- thanks for that, I needed a laughter outburst for the evening!

By the way, I doubt any Christians will look into it but I highly recommend the book "The Counter Creationism Handbook".. It addresses every possible excuse believers use to validify the ark story (& many others) & disproves them with facts/logic/science. Even the 'bug on the floating vegetation mat' is disbunked.
Thank you,but the Bible is all I need to read for validity.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:47 PM

5,512 posts, read 7,353,736 times
when Noah ( Bill Cosby ) asked god; "Whats a cubit?",
maybe he got it wrong?

maybe this whole mystery could be solved if a cubit was ALOT BIGGER

Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM

33,570 posts, read 37,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
maybe he got it wrong?

Not really, because it is not possible to build an all wooden boat even 450 feet long. People have tried, and even reinforced them with steel, and they always fail.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,682,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not really, because it is not possible to build an all wooden boat even 450 feet long. People have tried, and even reinforced them with steel, and they always fail.
And add the weight of approx. 15,000 said animals & their poop~ Sorry but 8 people aren't going to keep up with shoveling that stuff overboard

Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,009,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
And add the weight of approx. 15,000 said animals & their poop~ Sorry but 8 people aren't going to keep up with shoveling that stuff overboard
Don't you know that god magically made the poo disappear?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:45 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,179,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
It was 450 feet long ,75 feet wide and 45 feet high and made out of accacia
wood.
And all of the creatures on earth fit on that boat??

Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,639,075 times
Oakback wrote:
Quote:
maybe he got it wrong?

The problem with the cubit as a measurement is that it varies from one person to the next. It's the distance from the elbow to the tip of the fingers which I think I read once is something like 17 to 22 inches. In those days nothing was standardized so you just get an approximation. Cubits were used for measuring for a very long time though and the meaning was clearly understood. The problem with an ark of this size is that it wouldn't even be big enough for a lifeboat on the gigantic ship that would be required to hold every species of land animal.
By the way, I don't think anyone explained why all of the plants at the bottom of the ocean didn't die. If you could put your garden plants under thousands of feet of water for many month where they have no carbon dioxide and can't use photosynthesis I can guarantee you they're going to die very quickly and the Bible said that all of the land was completely covered with water, even the highest mountain tops. This makes no sense at all.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,008,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
And all of the creatures on earth fit on that boat??
Yes, and this God magically shrunk them all down to the size of insects. That's just as good of an excuse and any thing else I have seen posted on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality