Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:49 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,472,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I knew this would be entertaining. I like the part about how insects survived by using floating vegetation like little life rafts. So I guess they must have eaten part of their rafts to stay alive for all of those months but there was still enough of them left to save the little critters from drowning and for some reason none of this stuff sank. It was also very fortunate that when the waters receded that all of the millions of species of insects that are adapted to particular locations just happened to touch down on dry land again at the exact locations where they could survive. Yeah, that makes sense.
So we had a big boat for all of the larger animals and then we had millions of baby arcs so to speak for all of God's creatures from the insect world. Thanks for clearing that up.
Actually, I think it would be kind of funny to watch a 600-year old man running around trying to catch a cricket or a grasshopper to take with him on the Ark.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 03:49 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,278,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Yep.
I think you got the point. (or you would have said Nope )

Old 11-06-2008, 04:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,641,992 times
Troop wrote:
Quote:
Actually, I think it would be kind of funny to watch a 600-year old man running around trying to catch a cricket or a grasshopper to take with him on the Ark.
The thought of a 600 year old man is enough to cause me nightmares. You've probably seen photos of people who've lived to be over 100 and they basically look like a skeleton draped with a bag of wrinkled skin (kind of like myself), now imagine that six times worse! As I recall Noah was only middle aged during his years in the Navy. I think he also he lived to be over 900 or so like Adam. It's too bad they didn't have photography in those days. Wouldn't it be great to see a high resolution image of a family reunion of Noah and his great great great great, etc. grand children?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:05 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Personally I don't think any Christian really believes deep down that the ark story is true, but have to say they do otherwise they would have to admit that the bible is actually a sham. If the bible is a sham, then everything falls apart.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:07 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Quote:
Troop wrote:

The thought of a 600 year old man is enough to cause me nightmares. You've probably seen photos of people who've lived to be over 100 and they basically look like a skeleton draped with a bag of wrinkled skin (kind of like myself), now imagine that six times worse! As I recall Noah was only middle aged during his years in the Navy. I think he also he lived to be over 900 or so like Adam. It's too bad they didn't have photography in those days. Wouldn't it be great to see a high resolution image of a family reunion of Noah and his great great great great, etc. grand children?
Now why did you go and say that? That is going to be a hard image to erase from my mind!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Troop wrote:

That's true. I can't imagine what Admiral Noah must have looked like either. The only thing that I can really relate it to is that scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when the Nazi guy drinks from the 'wrong' Holy Grail and his body rapidly withers away.

YouTube - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - He Choose Poorly

Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,181,565 times
You all got it wrong!
Noah didn't just let animals go to their places, he was navigating around the world and was placing all the animals to where they supposed to live, like Kangaroos where delivered to Australia along with all other animals that meant to live there. Then Noah went to Alaska and dropped the Polar bears, you got the idea....

Oh yeah, and imagine how much stink must have been on this boat?? And all the fecal matter, phew!!

I just have one question, how big was that darn boat??

Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

I just have one question, how big was that darn boat??
I have an artistic rendering available.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,181,565 times
LoL!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,586,630 times
It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark which was a test of faith and endurance. Hebrews 11 exemplifies others who also had faith and endurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality