Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:17 AM

23,201 posts, read 10,481,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I was young in the 1960s but had three older siblings. My eldest brother was born in 1946. He liked Buddy Holly and feared being drafted.

The Catholic church? I dumped them when I old old enough to get away with it. I think I was fifteen. I had suffered the blackbird section of classroom seating in the Catholic school in first grade because my mother wasn't a member of the Alter and Rosary Society. The teacher, a nun, called me a liar and a thief when someone obviously stole my phoenix workbook and I didn't know what happened to it at the time. Catechism instead of bible stories. I received a Jonah and the whale swim bag from a classmate at my (only) eighth birthday party. I had no idea who the guy was.
Tell a lie so many times and you start believing a lie, you know nobody stole your Phoenix workbook, and I think its time you come clean, tell us the real story, make you feel much better, now I wouldnt have said nothing but the good lord put it on my shoulder.

So let's have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:15 AM

6,799 posts, read 2,920,125 times
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Phoenix workbook? Should I get one?

Old Today, 07:34 AM

16,706 posts, read 15,701,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Your question was along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife". It relies on a faulty premise. Straightforward enough?
No, it wasn't that at all. You said you think we should dump the Constitution in favor of a Catholic monarchy, and you said you approved of the Inquisition. It is perfectly reasonable from those two statements that you support killing people who won't convert to Catholicism (which is what the Inquisition did). I can't comprehend why you can't say "Yes, I'm in favor of killing people who won't become Catholic," or "No, here's what I mean by supporting those two things (Catholic monarchy and Inquisition)."

You have continued to avoid answering what you mean by supporting a Catholic monarchy and an Inquisition.

Old Today, 07:50 AM

32,957 posts, read 36,419,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Phoenix workbook? Should I get one?
It might be Autocorrect for Phonics.

Old Today, 08:44 AM

182 posts, read 35,055 times
It's a mistake to associate Catholic rules with true faith. Yes, there are billions of religious people with faith in Christ, but that is separate from the religious institution.

The church is the people. The body of Christ.

Old Today, 09:17 AM

50,903 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
It's a mistake to associate Catholic rules with true faith. Yes, there are billions of religious people with faith in Christ, but that is separate from the religious institution.

The church is the people. The body of Christ.
So we can be cannibals?

Old Today, 09:40 AM

11,123 posts, read 7,188,359 times
Much of the "spirit of the 60's" was obliterated in the rough and messy 80's; pushing matters 180 degrees opposite (political and cultural retaliation). Where we're at now reflects 35 more years or so of moving forward and back and elsewhere.

All we can productively do is deal with the times we have now before us. The past is dead, and the future is much of a mystery.

Old Today, 09:53 AM

13,676 posts, read 7,975,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The proliferation of exculpatory pleas in his "balanced" revision belies your claim he is not an apologist.
Such as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The facts ought to speak for themselves without requiring constant exculpatory pleas.
The facts are what he puts forward in opposition to the legend and propaganda that have been blindly accepted for centuries by the mainstream.

Old Today, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
killing people who won't convert to Catholicism (which is what the Inquisition did).
Who told you that?

Old Today, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You have continued to avoid answering what you mean by supporting a Catholic monarchy and an Inquisition.
That's not the point of this thread. I have already discussed all of that in an old thread and don't care to get into it here.

If you don't care to address the actual article from the OP, what are you even doing here other than trying to bait me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality