Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That truth is NOT established.
Try harder is all i can say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Try harder is all i can say.
I realize that you think you can establish fact by fiat...but you're not that powerful. You have an opinion or a number of opinions. You're not the decider.

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Why should I be the only one here on this forum that doesn't make broad generalizations? Nevertheless, when fear of punishment is the tool used...that is not self-control.
Well for one thing you then assume everyone else does as well.
And they don't.

Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well for one thing you then assume everyone else does as well.
And they don't.
Everyone, no. But it's rampant.

But is that what we're here to discuss?

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
I realize that you think you can establish fact by fiat...but you're not that powerful. You have an opinion or a number of opinions. You're not the decider.
i have no fiat and cannot establish the truth for anyone. Each one has to do it for himself and it seems a concept you cannot grasp or don’t want to. it is a persona, individual journey.

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

Quote:
i have no fiat and cannot establish the truth for anyone. Each one has to do it for himself and it seems a concept you cannot grasp or don’t want to. it is a persona, individual journey.
You state practically everything as fact.

Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Spirituality is also about how one approaches life. That means avoiding judgement, maintain acceptance, avoid victimhood and eschew vengeance, maintaining neutrality, and letting the world turn as it does. If one were to act, it is with compassion, empathy and love. Those are the ideals to reach, not because God said, )He does not talk,)it is because this leads to inner happiness, peace, and happiness. A constant mode of conflict with the world creates stress and anxiety and is needless. This is not faith, it can be proven in one’s own life.
A good goal for a person, but has someone told the wold that? It takes two to dance, and often the world just does not want to dance.

Old Today, 07:14 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
It is truly fascinating to me that humans all over the world have held religious beliefs for thousands of years even though there was very little evidence that any of it was true.

That totally blows my mind.

It makes me wonder what else can the human mind be manipulated, externally or internally, to believe in as being real.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

22,147 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is truly fascinating to me that humans all over the world have held religious beliefs for thousands years even though there was very little evidence that any of it was true. That totally blows my mind. It makes me wonder what else can the human mind be manipulated, externally or internally, to believe in as being real.
because they recognize, acknowledge, value, and understand that which you do not.

Old Today, 07:34 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
because they recognize, acknowledge, value, and understand that which you do not.
No, otherwise there would not be many different, mutually exclusive religions. Like a mirage, most people see the water that is not there.

To pretend others do not understand is just pretending you have extra special powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality