Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 10:39 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Now there is no reason that warrior Jesus with fire in his eyes and a sword for a mouth couldn't come back as a Vietnamese Jesus with fire in his eyes and a Vietnamese sword for a mouth.

Jesus is God. And God can do anything. Including making Jesus Vietnamese.
But of course, he'll still look "white"...right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Well it is the christian board and its what were taking about.If you don't believe the bible what are you doing here and why are you discussing it.So thats your answer just blow everything off as garbage.
Ah...this is NOT "the christian board". You must be lost.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're pretty proud about that, aren't you?
It has nothing to do with pride. It has to do with how this forum was established by its owner. If you want a christian board, there are some out there. Feel free to go and find them.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:43 AM

34 posts, read 3,903 times
Quote:
Well if this was the Norse thread we could discuss that but its not. This thread claims a "Vietnamese Savior will come and become our Savior"

Please show us all the information that this revelation came from and what it says - you have absolutely nothing.Straw dog no point in continuing.
You seem to be operating under the impression that Christianity has a copyright on the concept of "Savior?"

I just went back and reviewed posts #1 and 4 and 10, in which the OP lays out what they think this thread is about, and can't find anything that makes it all about Christianity and the Christian Bible (other than a passing reference to "Catholicism" as one of 7 religions to be subsumed under this new prophesy).

The Savior to which you subscribe is neither the first nor the last. Join the club.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:46 AM

58 posts, read 8,581 times
I will post one more thing - so what is this Savior going to save us from. In Christianity Jesus finished the job no more is required.Jesus offers eternal life what is this guy going to offer? How do you best that?

Old 03-28-2024, 11:03 AM

34 posts, read 3,903 times
Quote:
I will post one more thing - so what is this Savior going to save us from. In Christianity Jesus finished the job no more is required.Jesus offers eternal life what is this guy going to offer? How do you best that?
I'll say this... you do have a knack for teeing up relevant questions! First we have (with a little judicious editing): "Why do people believe... what the bible says?" Now we have "What is this Savior going to save us from?"

Bingo! I believe that the notion there is something we need "saving" from is a transparently manmade construct. Along with the penalty and reward system of heaven and hell (and the ways we are supposed to get to one place and avoid the other)... and the pretzel-logic of the Trinity... and purgatory and transubstantiation and resurrection... and Satan... and the Garden of Eden... and life-everlasting... and...and...and.

Put another way, YOU get to decide what you need saving from. Just like all the others who came before you. See how that works?

Old 03-28-2024, 11:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It has nothing to do with pride. It has to do with how this forum was established by its owner. If you want a christian board, there are some out there. Feel free to go and find them.
I didn't suggest otherwise. But a poster (not a mod) was jumping all over someone else about the distinction. He seemed to be pretty happy about it.

Old 03-28-2024, 12:28 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annurago View Post
Heavenly Mother is in charge of matter. Humans are all children of Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother.

The scriptures were passed down by the Messiah before he officially appeared to save humanity. The history of Father Heaven and Mother Heaven incarnated on earth...
I'd like to hear more about this "Heavenly Mother". That didn't get clarified.

Not against female elements in the universe though, as with yin / yang, positive / negative, peace / war, etc. Actually there's a third element that always gets missed: neutralizing / balancing. Oh well, carry on...

Old 03-28-2024, 01:01 PM

5,456 posts, read 3,908,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Make sure you have read the Terms Of Service, particularly this section:
Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post. Repeat copyright infringers may have their account terminated and their access to the Site and any Services revoked.
Although it says "Copyrighted material," the text of the paragraph says that nothing found elsewhere on the Internet may be copied and posted here. There are no exceptions.
How about the permissibility of book excerpts? I've already posted one or two in the past, and there didn't seem to be any backlash. I was planning on posting another in the A&A forum in the coming days

Old 03-28-2024, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I didn't suggest otherwise. But a poster (not a mod) was jumping all over someone else about the distinction. He seemed to be pretty happy about it.
You're the one that made the post I responded to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality