Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 10:12 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
And for a great many people, both individually (individual beliefs) and collectively (as a group, as part of a specific path of religion and spirituality), reincarnation (topic of this thread) does indeed pass the "test of truth" that is described above.
Really. How can you test it. Please tell us, oh font of knowledge of all religions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 11:09 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
in the same way your own post #28 described it.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-11-2024 at 11:29 PM..

Old 03-12-2024, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
in the same way your own post #28 described it.
You missed the whole point.
You always do.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:26 PM

6 posts, read 1,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Consider this: no one tells anyone to do things of such nature.
But the evidence, even though it is anecdotal, paints a different picture. People from distinct backgrounds have memories of being forced/coerced into incarnating by other conscious agents.

Quote:
To re exist (re incarnation is term appropriate only for those, who re exist as the same, incarnated, person. EG, Buddha, Dalai Lama) or not to re exist, is determined by one's destiny. One weaves his own destiny by his thinking, resulting in certain actions. Destiny, thus woven, is stamped by the mark of one, who thought it in and, by simple cause and effect principle, determines re existence, or none.
I couldn't understand very well. I think you mean that only some individual reincarnate. Others, after death, cease existing. Did I get it right? Would it be possible for you to explain it in simpler terms?

Quote:
I have no idea, where did you get that idea that there are some, apparently, unfriendly beings, having some low interest in forcing human souls to re exist. But, hey! It's an idea, as good, as any other out there. You like it - all yours! As it will be given onto each one according to his faith!
I decided to look into pre-birth memories around the web, came across a pattern and decided to share what I found. It is concerning that different people report quite similar memories of being pressured into physical life.

Last edited by ForrestPascal2024; 03-12-2024 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Formatting

Old 03-12-2024, 08:43 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestPascal2024 View Post
I decided to look into pre-birth memories around the web, came across a pattern and decided to share what I found. It is concerning that different people report quite similar memories of being pressured into physical life.
People will frequently say, "No one asked to be born" and if some horrible system of reincarnation actually existed and I died, despite some very nice experiences I've occasionally had, I would not voluntarily come back for more of ... whatever this is. So assuming reincarnation for the sake of argument, it follows that many people would not be willingly reincarnating.

Fortunately, the preponderance of evidence doesn't point to any form of immortality, whether sequential OR cyclic.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:52 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
@ForrestPascal2024;66524808]But the evidence, even though it is anecdotal, paints a different picture. People from distinct backgrounds have memories of being forced/coerced into incarnating by other conscious agents.

I am not even going to discuss this. It's bull.

I couldn't understand very well. I think you mean that only some individual reincarnate. Others, after death, cease existing. Did I get it right? Would it be possible for you to explain it in simpler terms?

No. Re-incarnation is re-existence of the same person. Example: Dalai Lama. Dalai Lama re-incarnates for generations. Reason being, Dalai Lama is an agent of certain forces, executing its mission on Earth.
Another example is Buddha. Buddha gave oath that he will not enter the heaven, until the last human being is relieved from the Wheel of samsara. Please, educate yourself on what that wheel is.

Now, outside of that, every human has a Conscious Self spark in him or her. That spark, call it soul, for simplicity, is immortal and exists on Earth, in a physical body. It acquires a certain personality, Mary or Jimmy, during its existence. After death, towards the final after the death state, that personality is forgotten, when Self goes into dreamless sleep. Self then returns to another physical existence, but in a different human form, a man or a woman, etc, and acquires a new personality. Those are re-existences. Different each time. Everyone, outside of the special ones, re-exists. There are though, some cases, when Self deprived itself so much, that it is banned from re-existing in a physical body and, drops down to the lower realms, where it exists in various "monsters" shapes. But, eventually, it regains ability to re-exist on Earth in a human shape. And by eventually I refer to VERY long periods. But, it is always Self's choice, how to dispose of its existence.

I'm sorry, but in my system of beliefs, nothing of the kind happens. Hence, I can not comment.

Old 03-13-2024, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Fortunately, the preponderance of evidence doesn't point to any form of immortality, whether sequential OR cyclic.
What would your opinion be on NDE's, pre-birth memories and research done by Ian Stevenson on children that have memories of past lives?

Old 03-13-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
What would your opinion be on NDE's, pre-birth memories and research done by Ian Stevenson on children that have memories of past lives?
I remain open-minded about past lives, despite having a past-life experience of my own. In re Stevenson, I found the Wikipedia article about him quite long, well-written, and well-documented. It is worth reading it all, and especially the "Criticism" section.

Old 03-13-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Now, outside of that, every human has a Conscious Self spark in him or her. That spark, call it soul, for simplicity, is immortal and exists on Earth, in a physical body. It acquires a certain personality, Mary or Jimmy, during its existence. After death, towards the final after the death state, that personality is forgotten, when Self goes into dreamless sleep. Self then returns to another physical existence, but in a different human form, a man or a woman, etc, and acquires a new personality. Those are re-existences. Different each time. Everyone, outside of the special ones, re-exists. There are though, some cases, when Self deprived itself so much, that it is banned from re-existing in a physical body and, drops down to the lower realms, where it exists in various "monsters" shapes. But, eventually, it regains ability to re-exist on Earth in a human shape. And by eventually I refer to VERY long periods. But, it is always Self's choice, how to dispose of its existence.
Thanks for the explanation. :-)

Dr. Michael Newton used hypnotherapy to research the between-lives state of many patients. According to him, there is a self that persists across reincarnations, without a state of sleep between them. The individuals are aware and capable of making choices, even though they are influenced by other beings. If you're interested, you can find one of his books on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJiYEiGg3c

There are also other research that indicate the persistence of an aware self between incarnations:

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/a...ew_of_Findings

In rare cases, NDE'ers also indicate the persistence of an aware self between incarnations. At least in some cases, NDE'ers also indicate they were aware before their physical existence and made plans before incarnation. Here's two of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmajN8_SqTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6A7w2vLl8

And, of course, there are also pre-birth memories that appear to directly reference past lives and the state between the old life and the new one.

https://www.oberf.org/tracy_r_prebirth.htm
https://www.oberf.org/ernest_p_prebirth.htm
https://www.oberf.org/ep_other.htm
https://www.reddit.com/r/Reincarnati...mment/ktlsjwz/

Quote:
I'm sorry, but in my system of beliefs, nothing of the kind happens. Hence, I can not comment.

In my humble opinion, evidence, even if its anecdotal, supersedes traditional systems of beliefs.

Kind regards.

Old 03-13-2024, 07:28 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
You are not asking me but I looked into that research.
Children ages 2-5.
That pretty much says it all. Also, notice that, later, they change their testimonies, if you even can call it a testimony.
Anyhow. Here's the thing: Conscious Self enters human body between ages 3 and 5. Peculiar, aye? Until then, and it takes certain time for the Self to finally "settle" in the body, body is operated by what you may refer to as "soul", a unit of nature, developed enough to be able to operate a body and all of its functions.
I am leaning towards theory that, such statements, were carry overs on the "soul" side, not on the Conscious Self side and, were changed accordingly, when Self takes full possession of the body.
The word out is that such "memories" are result of the previous life traumatic death or similar experiences and, in my opinion, it was "recorded" on "soul", resulting in such statements. Though "soul" is not self-conscious, it is more than capable of very complex actions, very much so resembling conscious human actions. Including such statements.
This is my 2 pennies on your question. Certainly, not asked for.

Be well and let The Light be with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality