Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 11:40 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,098,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I don't worship any religion, doctrine, dogma, or church.

I worship Jesus Christ.

And no religion, dogma, doctrine or church can stand in my way.

So you worship a human?

Old 12-16-2023, 12:17 PM

5,509 posts, read 7,352,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So you worship a human?
Is that a sincere question based upon supposition, or fact?

Old 12-16-2023, 12:22 PM

50,960 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Why is that not a reasonable question? [And I ask that as not being a fan of the poster who asked it]

Old 12-16-2023, 12:45 PM

20,077 posts, read 13,535,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why is that not a reasonable question? [And I ask that as not being a fan of the poster who asked it]
I don't see how the question follows from the post the question responds to. He says he worships Jesus ... he doesn't in any way say that Jesus is or isn't human. It's like me saying "I like buttered toast" and someone asking, "so you like organic bread made of spelt?"

Old 12-16-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Fact?
Isn’t that exactly what we are trying to find?
Was Jesus a human or God? You tell me the “fact.”

Old 12-16-2023, 02:11 PM

5,509 posts, read 7,352,200 times
Quote:
Fact?
Isn’t that exactly what we are trying to find?
Was Jesus a human or God? You tell me the “fact.”
I must have misunderstood the original question. Wether the doctrine of the Trinity has contributed to a decline in Christianity ( whatever that means)

I merely stated my truth, that doctrine, dogma, religion etc is not the object of my worship.

I suspect your question regarding Christ's Divinity is for one of the other multitude of threads debating that topic.

Old 12-16-2023, 02:24 PM

50,960 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I don't see how the question follows from the post the question responds to. He says he worships Jesus ... he doesn't in any way say that Jesus is or isn't human. It's like me saying "I like buttered toast" and someone asking, "so you like organic bread made of spelt?"
I still think it's a legit question.

Old 12-16-2023, 05:07 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,008,477 times
Quote:
So you worship a human?
The whole concept of the Trinity is that Jesus Christ is both God and man in one, and that the Son is equal to the Father etc. (Non-Trinitarian groups don’t believe in this concept)
There are plenty of Christians who claim that they are not part of any church group , or any organized religion per se.
It’s not an unusual claim or explanation given.
Some Christians claim that being a Christian is not in fact even a religion, it’s then that they don’t even understand what the dictionary definitions of a religion is.

Old 12-16-2023, 07:08 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
I don't worship any religion, doctrine, dogma, or church.

I worship Jesus Christ.

And no religion, dogma, doctrine or church can stand in my way.
Quote:
So you worship a human?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It is not reasonable because for a Christian Jesus came to reveal and demonstrate the true nature of God to our ancestors who were misguided in their beliefs because the scriptures failed to achieve their intent. If they had, Jesus would not have been necessary. It is a matter of personal preference how you answer the disingenuous question. He is worshiping the God revealed and represented BY Jesus (whatever He believes is the actual status involved), IMO.

Hebrews 8:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-16-2023 at 07:21 PM..

Old 12-16-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I must have misunderstood the original question. Wether the doctrine of the Trinity has contributed to a decline in Christianity ( whatever that means)

I merely stated my truth, that doctrine, dogma, religion etc is not the object of my worship.

I suspect your question regarding Christ's Divinity is for one of the other multitude of threads debating that topic.

You said, you worship Jesus.

What does that mean?

How do you know who and what is Jesus if we take religion, Bible and History out of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality