Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 02:50 PM

50,924 posts, read 24,432,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well, I met the consciousness of God in deep meditation and it exactly matched the "mind of Christ" as depicted in the Bible narrative so whoever "made-up" the Jesus character sure knew God!!! The Jews did not since they rejected Him and their scriptures misrepresent God as currently interpreted, IMO.
So you say.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:46 PM

63,901 posts, read 40,178,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So you say.
So I KNOW! Obviously, YMMV.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:15 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The “OT” is considered the Jewish Bible. In the Jewish faith there is ONLY one God, one creator. Anything else, including Christianity, is polytheism and idolatry. Please listen to yourself “a plurality sense to God’s oneness”. It’s ludicrous. Use simple arithmetic: 1=1 and 1+1+1=3. Period. Jesus had been dead for almost 3 hundred years when the concept of the Trinity was adopted after the Council of Nicaea in 325 CE. The word trinity is nowhere in the NT.

The Jewish Bible IS NOT your book. It was written in Hebrew by Jews and for Jews. It wasn’t written for Christians or Muslims. It wasn’t written in Greek. Paul wrote the NT in GREEK. He was a Hellenized Jew. Paul was just the Joseph Smith of his time.

Please go to any CHABAD house and see if a Rabbi can explain it to you. Stop making stuff up. Your book is the New Testament with its asinine three in one god, vicarious atonement, contradictions, and the rest of all the horse hockey that Paul invented. So, please stick to your book.

Stop using the Jewish Bible (the Tanaka) to legitimize your Christian faith. That’s in very poor form.
How is it you can judge and make these sorts of assessments about a book that isn't "yours," but you seem intolerant of someone else who makes judgement about "your" book?

While I can agree about much that seems "ludicrous" across the board, I am always astounded at how people "who live in glass houses can throw stones" the way they do. Apparently oblivious to how ludicrous it all sounds across the board!

Old 01-20-2024, 03:00 AM

3,805 posts, read 3,007,109 times
Quote:
You missed the point. The Hebrew Bible is for Jews NOT Christians. Reinterpret the Jewish Bible? Why? It’s not for Christians!!

Jesus, if he existed at all, was a Torah observant Jew: not a Christian. Paul INVENTED Christianity. The Jesus that whatever iteration of Christianity worships is a made up character invented by Paul
The connection between the OT and NT is vague and unconvincing.
I’ll certainly give you that one.
Born Again Christians only quote OT verses that suit their agenda.

Old 01-21-2024, 04:45 PM

2,459 posts, read 1,459,627 times
Quote:
The “OT” is considered the Jewish Bible. In the Jewish faith there is ONLY one God, one creator. Anything else, including Christianity, is polytheism and idolatry. Please listen to yourself “a plurality sense to God’s oneness”. It’s ludicrous. Use simple arithmetic: 1=1 and 1+1+1=3. Period. Jesus had been dead for almost 3 hundred years when the concept of the Trinity was adopted after the Council of Nicaea in 325 CE. The word trinity is nowhere in the NT.

The Jewish Bible IS NOT your book. It was written in Hebrew by Jews and for Jews. It wasn’t written for Christians or Muslims. It wasn’t written in Greek. Paul wrote the NT in GREEK. He was a Hellenized Jew. Paul was just the Joseph Smith of his time.

Please go to any CHABAD house and see if a Rabbi can explain it to you. Stop making stuff up. Your book is the New Testament with its asinine three in one god, vicarious atonement, contradictions, and the rest of all the horse hockey that Paul invented. So, please stick to your book.

Stop using the Jewish Bible (the Tanaka) to legitimize your Christian faith. That’s in very poor form.

I'm sorry for not responding earlier. I haven't been reading this thread topic with regularity. You made mention that Paul created Christianity. That would be very interesting because he was known for being one of the top persecutors of the followers of Jesus.

That said, concerning the OT and God, in Hebrew we see the word "Elohim" is used to refer to Him. As we know, that word is plural. Of course this in and of itself perhaps is not enough to say God represented by the Trinity, but it goes with all the examples I mentioned. (The Angel of the Lord, the Spirit of God) I now see the Trinity like this. When God made man, He made us male and female, Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve are two individuals, yet they are one kind. Today, there are 8 billion+ of us, but we are still one kind. When it comes to God, there are three individual Persons, one Kind.

Old 01-21-2024, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Irrelevant, the fact we have seas being parted, or people walking on water and being resurrected from the dead is enough for people to not believe.

No, it would be possible for them to have the same effect and still be two different entities. You are reading something in to the text that is not necessarily there.

?

I can speak of my wife and two daughters, that does not mean we are just one person.

So when speaking of the Trinity, I would agree Jesus is not the Father, the Father is not Jesus, and they are not the Holy Spirit. Yet just like you, your wife, and daughters are all human, the Trinity is all God. They are the Creator Kind.

Old 01-22-2024, 03:17 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,011,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
So when speaking of the Trinity, I would agree Jesus is not the Father, the Father is not Jesus, and they are not the Holy Spirit. Yet just like you, your wife, and daughters are all human, the Trinity is all God.
Which, like me, my wife and daughters or not? Human is a group I am a member of. To be the same, the father, son and holy ghost would need to be independent members of the group god. Me, my wife and daughters, are (plural) humans (plural), to be identical, the trinity must be all gods (plural).

Old 01-22-2024, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Which, like me, my wife and daughters or not? Human is a group I am a member of. To be the same, the father, son and holy ghost would need to be independent members of the group god. Me, my wife and daughters, are (plural) humans (plural), to be identical, the trinity must be all gods (plural).

It could be seen like that individually, to say we are humans (with the "s" for plural) Ultimately we are all the same. There is only one race concerning humanity. So the group is singular in that aspect. When we look at other creatures, there are different kinds of birds, different kinds of fish, etc,. And in the Bible, there are different kinds of spiritual beings such as cherubim and seraphim. Ultimately when it comes to God our creator, there is one Kind. So the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God or Gods if you view them individually. (Which again the Hebrew word used to describe Yahweh is "Elohim", meaning Gods)

When we look at the Shema prayer, the opening line is this: Yahweh our God, Yahweh is One. Now the statement "Yahweh is One" is weird when you look at it. If the message is simply trying to convey Yahweh as the only true God, it should have said something along the lines of "Yahweh our God, there is no other" or "Yahweh our God, Yahweh is the only God". Saying "Yahweh is One" seems to be something of a uniting affirmation. Something like the Musketeers saying of "All for one, and one for all". Its saying Yahweh is One, like how its said Adam and Eve became one flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality