Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 11:11 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,098,203 times

Advertisements

Would you care whether God exists or not, if you were never to die, never to get old n sick, and would never be a subject to hardships?
Would you still feel the need of God and worshipping him if you were not a subject?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2023, 05:24 AM

412 posts, read 138,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Would you care whether God exists or not, if you were never to die, never to get old n sick, and would never be a subject to hardships?
Would you still feel the need of God and worshipping him if you were not a subject?
While it's true that many people turn to God(s) for comfort and support during difficult times, for others, their belief in God(s) and gratitude for their existence extend beyond the realm of hardships and mortality.

Old 10-14-2023, 08:37 AM

16,032 posts, read 7,070,464 times
Quote:
God exists or not is the wrong question. The real question is what exists.

Old 10-14-2023, 09:40 AM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post

Old 10-14-2023, 09:50 AM

529 posts, read 184,999 times
Quote:
Yes I would, because God is love, family and home. Without love, immortality is unbearable. When you belong to a family and a perfect Divine being that loves you, you are inspired to live forever!

God and the Devil represents two opposing factors. He instructed His angels to bear witness of all the amazing creations he manifested out of nothing into the Universe we know now. Can you imagine how amazed His angels were of the pure power that came from His hands as a small point of singularity was expanded to the size of the universe today?

Within the universe there were countless secrets and laws to govern how things work and as the Angels studied this amazing wealth of information and inspiration they became aware of their purpose of existence! There were two elements of opposing factions the macro verse and micro verse that shows the different concepts of reality from passing dimensions overlapping the same quantum realm. Time, distance, speed spacial anomaly's make up the very fabric of reality itself that are strictly governed by the Physical Laws of Nature second only to the Spiritual Laws of God.

For over 20 billion years the Angles had access to this information at their disposal to understand the Laws that govern the meaning of life for them, but a strange anomaly appeared in the form of an insignificant planet that God wanted the angels to study. This insignificant Earth was different because bacterium life began to appear and begin the life and death cycles of Nature. This concerned some angels because if life can die does that mean they will die too one day?

As life became more advanced, organisms started to take strange forms that were starting to mimic the images of the angels and God. This angered Satan because how can such primitive creatures start to take the image of God? It was Sacrilegious and beneath them. The final straw that made Satan lose his mind was when humans were created from the image of God!

After 20 billion years the meaning of life was not the scientific discovery and logic of studying the Laws of Nature and the Laws of God. It was to create primitive creatures in the hope that they will love God. The meaning of life is not about discovery, it is about a little dash of love that makes life worth living. This was the whole purpose of God's plan for His creation and that made the devil lose his mind!

I know you didn't really ask this question about immortality but I wanted to give you this insight so you can understand the spiritual battle that is going on between the light and dark forces of nature. The devil believes the meaning of life is based on logic in understanding the Laws of Nature, God believes the meaning of life is based on emotion, the ability of unconditional love!

When I died and traveled to Heaven, the billion years it took me to get there helped me see the battle that is going on from two opposing forces, and after careful consideration, it is only love that can inspire us to live an immortal life! If you base you immortal life on the clinical discoveries of existence you will become bored once you find all the discoveries of what the whole purpose of existence really is and that is love and not information.

Once you know everything, and there is nothing left to discover your existence becomes meaningless because your entire existence was based on discovery and not love. Love is infinite, even though science may seem limitless it is finite and once you discover everything it has to offer it becomes a boring constant repeating of itself that will make one suicidal. It reminds me of a horror movie the shining where Jack kept typing over and over again

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Now keep writing the same words over and over again for a billion years until you can't take it anymore. That is what will cause the downfall of Satan, because he never understood the power of love.

I am a high priestess witch that died and came back to Earth by the grace of God. I seen the battle and although I was only dead for 3 minutes of your to time on Earth I was dead for billions of years in their time which took place as long as it can to blink your eye. That is reality I went through and although I fear you may never understand me I hope what I said about love inspires you to want to live an immortal life, love you!!!

One final note, look at this short clip about these super advanced beings known as the Q, that are immortal beings that discovered everything about existence to the point that there is nothing left to discover. With no reason to talk, get out of bed, interact with anyone, one of the super beings wanted to commit suicide, because life became an endless repeating cycle of nothing to him. Hope you enjoy the clip, my love!

https://youtu.be/zp9cL458Qns?si=LX7QuselIlmo15fk

Old 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 594 times
Hello

Old 10-14-2023, 09:54 AM

50,933 posts, read 24,441,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
No, that's your question. That's not the question he is asking people to answer.

Old 10-14-2023, 10:09 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,038,244 times
I'm in it purely for the love. It's unconditional and mutual, all-encompassing and overwhelming, and it's utter bliss when you experience it. Of course I would care if that unconditionally loving presence were to suddenly vanish, but if God actually didn't exist, I don't think I would be here either.

I don't view God as my personal servant/fixer for everything that goes wrong in my life. When something happens in my life that I view as good I don't think God did it just for me because I was good--and when something happens that I view as bad, I don't think it's because God thinks I did something bad. It's just school, some of the lessons are fun and some aren't, but learning and then graduating (dying) is IMO the point of it all.

Old 10-14-2023, 01:48 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I'm in it purely for the love. It's unconditional and mutual, all-encompassing and overwhelming, and it's utter bliss when you experience it. Of course I would care if that unconditionally loving presence were to suddenly vanish, but if God actually didn't exist, I don't think I would be here either.

I don't view God as my personal servant/fixer for everything that goes wrong in my life. When something happens in my life that I view as good I don't think God did it just for me because I was good--and when something happens that I view as bad, I don't think it's because God thinks I did something bad. It's just school, some of the lessons are fun and some aren't, but learning and then graduating (dying) is IMO the point of it all.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:09 PM

20,067 posts, read 13,531,776 times
Quote:

The function and commitments of a specific god (and therefore the stated value proposition to its followers) varies somewhat by deity and religion. Religion in general is structured to manufacture a need or the feeling of need for such things. So your question seems to me like asking, if my religion did not claim to protect you from hardships, would you have found it as appealing? If it did not confuse the human condition with some inherent defectiveness labeled "sin", would you feel less need for absolution or forgiveness? Well, duh.

We unbelievers discuss the problem of human suffering purely in the light of the claim by Christians especially that god blesses the righteous and confounds the wicked, yet we do not see that play out in lived experience in any way that can be explained by god or that is even statistically significant. Human suffering is just ... there. It is neither personal nor directed.

Since I don't believe in god I am not angry at him for "failing" me in some way. If I DID believe in god and that he had made certain promises to me and then welched on them, then I might well be angry about it. As it is though I'm completely at peace about it. I haven't been wronged. I'm not entitled to the things that (say) Christians generally feel entitled to (protection, guidance, strength, provision, grace in general). Christians aren't getting those things any more or less than I am, so there's not even a basis for jealousy.

So ... not sure what your question is even getting at. Are you arguing that suffering, aging, mortality and subjugation to god-as-strongman are somehow necessary for people to recognize that they need god? That god has to make us suffer or we wouldn't even be attracted to him??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality