Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 03:45 AM

15,980 posts, read 7,039,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As we have repeatedly gone back and forth over the platitude expressed in the bold, I continue to wonder why you do not see the self-contradictory nature of it. Transcendence does not preclude nor does it exclude immanence, In fact, the centrality of existence precludes the (irrational to me) separation your platitude implies, IMO. Can you tell me exactly WHAT it IS (not names like ego, mind, etc.) ontologically that you believe needs to learn what it is NOT and WHY (while emanating FROM this "ultimate knowledge and awareness") it has this or any other deficit???
Existence is both transcendent and immanent. They are not mutually exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2023, 10:58 AM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
As we have repeatedly gone back and forth over the platitude expressed in the bold, I continue to wonder why you do not see the self-contradictory nature of it. Transcendence does not preclude nor does it exclude immanence, In fact, the centrality of existence precludes the (irrational to me) separation your platitude implies, IMO. Can you tell me exactly WHAT it IS (not names like ego, mind, etc.) ontologically that you believe needs to learn what it is NOT and WHY (while emanating FROM this "ultimate knowledge and awareness") it has this or any other deficit???
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Existence is both transcendent and immanent. They are not mutually exclusive.
That is what I said. This does not answer either question.

Old 10-19-2023, 12:38 PM

Quote:
That is what I said. This does not answer either question.
Can you restate your question? I am not sure I understand what is you want to know.

Old 10-19-2023, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Can you restate your question? I am not sure I understand what is you want to know.
You may not have an answer, but you are so enamored by the definition you use that I cannot imagine what it IS that you think would need to learn what it is NOT! You correctly believe that God (existence, whatever) is awareness and knowledge so it knows everything. I am trying to understand WHY (and HOW) there could be anything that does NOT know and needs to learn what it is NOT. What is the purpose of it all? In my view, the purpose is reproduction so it makes sense that it would need to learn and mature. What is yours?

Old 10-19-2023, 02:24 PM

Quote:
-- You correctly believe that God (existence, whatever) is awareness and knowledge so it knows everything. I am trying to understand WHY (and HOW) there could be anything that does NOT know and needs to learn what it is NOT. What is the purpose of it all? In my view, the purpose is reproduction so it makes sense that it would need to learn and mature. What is yours?
Existence not only knows everything it IS everything, is limitless, and always remains. And this is also the true essence of our own being; not our body, mind, intellect or ego - the one that thinks it is the doer. While all this exists, and operates, because of Existence, Existence is not all this. This needs to be understood, it is not common knowledge, it is not the way it seems to us.
The purpose of knowing this is a new way of being that is obtained through an enlightened view of what is important: that which leads to contentment and peace, to freedom. And to know what does not, and keeps you in a state of anxiety, and bound.

I don't quite understand what you mean by reproduction as the purpose of it all.

Old 10-19-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Existence not only knows everything it IS everything, is limitless, and always remains. And this is also the true essence of our own being; not our body, mind, intellect or ego - the one that thinks it is the doer. While all this exists, and operates, because of Existence, Existence is not all this. This needs to be understood, it is not common knowledge, it is not the way it seems to us.
The purpose of knowing this is a new way of being that is obtained through an enlightened view of what is important: that which leads to contentment and peace, to freedom. And to know what does not, and keeps you in a state of anxiety, and bound.

I don't quite understand what you mean by reproduction as the purpose of it all.
It is okay, you do not even see the issue ontologically which is why you can accept the definition as is as if it is a given and not to be questioned. I was pretty sure that was the case with you and Tzaph, so there is no way we can resolve our different perspectives. Neither of you even know what it is I have issues with.

You cannot accept my view of reproduction since you do not believe existence itself is ALIVE even though the only example or reference we have for awareness and consciousness exists in LIVING beings. Your view of awareness as some static, timeless, unchanging "who-knows-what" is completely irrational and inconceivable to me.

Old 10-21-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
It is okay, you do not even see the issue ontologically which is why you can accept the definition as is as if it is a given and not to be questioned. I was pretty sure that was the case with you and Tzaph, so there is no way we can resolve our different perspectives. Neither of you even know what it is I have issues with.

You cannot accept my view of reproduction since you do not believe existence itself is ALIVE even though the only example or reference we have for awareness and consciousness exists in LIVING beings. Your view of awareness as some static, timeless, unchanging "who-knows-what" is completely irrational and inconceivable to me.
I dont accept anything that I don’t understand. i accept what helps and leads me to live a life free of anxiety and fear. I accept this is possible for everyone. If it seems otherwise to you, that does not concern me.
I neither accept nor reject your view of what you call reproduction because i dont understand what that is, nor what alive in caps mean.
Existence exists regardless of whether beings exist and it exists in all beings. It has no limitations, it is pure knowledge, and always IS. Existence is self-evident. It is is understood by a mind that is sharp and receptive, not clouded.

Old 10-21-2023, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I dont accept anything that I don’t understand. i accept what helps and leads me to live a life free of anxiety and fear. I accept this is possible for everyone. If it seems otherwise to you, that does not concern me.
I neither accept nor reject your view of what you call reproduction because i dont understand what that is, nor what alive in caps mean.
Existence exists regardless of whether beings exist and it exists in all beings. It has no limitations, it is pure knowledge, and always IS. Existence is self-evident. It is is understood by a mind that is sharp and receptive, not clouded.
As you wish. Peace.

Old 10-22-2023, 06:02 AM

Quote:
As you wish. Peace.
Peace to you, Mystic.

Old 10-28-2023, 11:38 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Would you care whether God exists or not, if you were never to die, never to get old n sick, and would never be a subject to hardships?
Would you still feel the need of God and worshipping him if you were not a subject?
Yes, indeed, because I love God more than anything else in the world. In the past, I have felt the presence of God (he is soul) and I communicate with Him all the time. Why do I call God - he/him - it's because I follow the true teachings of Jesus. And I do not believe Jesus is God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality