Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 05:36 AM

551 posts, read 192,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Sorry QuakerBaker, you mean well, I can see that but a couple of people who posted here in your thread are complete hypocrites.

If someone is having a difficult time, you don't always have to turn to an imaginary being to feel better. It's within all of us to pull our own selves up and set ourselves straight. Yes, we need help sometimes but I'd rather a sincere person without a religion help me, than a person who is insincere, fake and lies to people.

I wanted to address your post before I set the record straight about hypocrites and how much damage they do to their faiths by talking out of both sides of their mouths. People want honesty and integrity and strength and ACTION, not useless things like saying "I'll pray for you".

NO, we are NOT all the same. I will never accept being put on the same level as religious hypocrites. So brace yourself, here it comes.
Throw away all the thoughts that bubble up from the subconscious and trigger emotional responses and we are all exactly the same. I'm speaking of the knower of experience. Think of a newborn baby. That was us, all of us, and life has built layer upon layer on top of that until we only perceive difference and not sameness, yet that sameness is still there, untouched and unspoiled.

Kind of like this. https://youtu.be/okTHBHwdaW0

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy; 06-23-2023 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 08:31 AM

15,997 posts, read 7,052,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy View Post
Throw away all the thoughts that bubble up from the subconscious and trigger emotional responses and we are all exactly the same. I'm speaking of the knower of experience. Think of a newborn baby. That was us, all of us, and life has built layer upon layer on top of that until we only perceive difference and not sameness, yet that sameness is still there, untouched and unspoiled.

Kind of like this. https://youtu.be/okTHBHwdaW0
Do you think Northsouth is struggling and looking to religion to get herself through it?

Quote:
A lot of people may be visiting the religion forum as they are in a difficult time in their lives as religion often is used by people to help them through. I know that when I hit a very difficult time previously in my life, my relationship with Jesus was very important for helping me through it.

Old 06-23-2023, 08:50 AM

17,816 posts, read 13,724,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
A lot of people may be visiting the religion forum as they are in a difficult time in their lives as religion often is used by people to help them through. I know that when I hit a very difficult time previously in my life, my relationship with Jesus was very important for helping me through it.

Consider these things no matter your religious beliefs:

1) The best way to honor God is to help your fellow humans....serve and love them. Doing so will give you more meaning and value in your life. Often if you give you receive and doing so will help your soul.

2) Take care of yourself. God wants you to be wise with your body. Get sleep, eat healthier, get exercised, especially outdoors in God's creation. Doing do will help your body and mind.

3) Remember to take time to breathe. Control your breathing. Slow...steady....sure....

4) Spend time in nature just sitting in silence...find thoughts....find a connection to the universe.

5) Remember that we are all created from the same universal matter. That atoms inside of you were once a part of or inside of past humans including historical figures...were once a part of past animals and even dinosaurs. We are all one and connected through creation and our shared matter. We all have similar interests and feelings...you're no different. We're all the same.

Any other ideas from other posters?
1) I just generally sit around and drink beer. I figure that by supporting the people who work for Frito Lay and the beer companies I help my fellow humans and their attempts to help others in their own lives. With my support they can help the homeless and orphans in Africa who have cleft palate and all those things.

2) Beer helps me get to sleep faster, to sleep more... and helps me sleep longer.

3) Beer helps me get exercise by forcing to get up and pee multiple times a night. Sometimes I have to run to the bathroom, and occasionally I have to pee outside because I can't quite make it to the bathroom. And I have nice back yard to enjoy peeing in.

4) Beer helps me breath more slowly as the alcohol depresses my central nervous system. And I occasionally belch which removes toxins of course. Mostly CO2. And we know that C02 is bad for the atmosphere. Probably isn't good for your insides. Beer helps you get rid of it.

5) Beer many times can put me in a silent stupor where I can find thoughts or a connection to the Universe. And believe me, when you get in one of those stupors all the sudden you find all kinds of things to be fascinating. Like realizing that you are made up of old dinosaur parts and stuff.

So in my estimation the answer to a person's troubles is more beer.

Old 06-23-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Do you think Northsouth is struggling and looking to religion to get herself through it?
It's not even religion or spirituality per se. It's an empirical truth that can be ascertained via self exploration.

Old 06-23-2023, 09:29 AM

16,806 posts, read 5,000,668 times
Quote:
Do you think the Ukrainians are struggling, and looking to become Russians to get themselves through it?

I seriously hope you are pretending you believe people argue against religion because they actually want to believe, because that argument shows a serious lack of intellect.

Old 06-23-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
It's not even religion or spirituality per se. It's an empirical truth that can be ascertained via self exploration.
But do you think Northsouth’s problem is merely that she has not found the empirical truth that we are all the same, and that what she needs is some self exploration?

Old 06-23-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:
But do you think Northsouth’s problem is merely that she has not found the empirical truth that we are all the same, and that what she needs is some self exploration?
How many people actually Realize that? And yes, I capitalize Realize because I'm not talking about words but actions towards the "other". It's easy to talk the talk and not so easy to walk the walk.

Old 06-23-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
How many people actually Realize that? And yes, I capitalize Realize because I'm not talking about words but actions towards the "other". It's easy to talk the talk and not so easy to walk the walk.
So you think Northsouth’s problem is about how she relates to others. I can see how your words maybe helpful.

Old 06-23-2023, 09:57 AM

3,834 posts, read 1,388,107 times
Prayer, fasting, and gardening all help for me.
Time alone with God in the garden is special - seeing Him finish the things I start, and thanking Him.
Plus I get to share the harvest with family and friends, and folks in need whenever I get the chance.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
So you think Northsouth’s problem is about how she relates to others. I can see how your words maybe helpful.
I'm not speaking about any one person. It's a general statement that applies to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality