Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 04:39 PM

708 posts, read 1,296,050 times

Advertisements

I certainly don't. Where did that idea come from anyway, and how did that idea start? Does the old man have a white beard and look like Charlton Heston who played Moses in the movies? I think God is energy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 04:44 PM

551 posts, read 191,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I certainly don't. Where did that idea come from anyway, and how did that idea start? Does the old man have a white beard and look like Charlton Heston who played Moses in the movies? I think God is energy
If that energy manifests as us couldn't it also manifest as an old dude with a white beard to a person of the right mindset and inclination?

I'm not saying it's so but I suppose it could be based on your premise.

Old 06-19-2023, 04:47 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,478,124 times
The Egyptians said first they were ruled by god and then by pharoah.
In the Bible,God created man in his own image,so god is a man.
Mesai believes god threw a rope down from heaven and the cows came down to earth,god told the mesai all the cattle on this earth belong to them and they should go get them.
Some tribes offer blood to their god,probably someone arrived in an aircraft .and they need blood transfusion,thats how they get the idea god wants our blood,they have never heard of sepsis.
Any foreigner with superior knowhow and weapons and what not can be a god.

Old 06-19-2023, 05:02 PM

when we mention god,we always look up to the sky.
Ancient alien rising a dragon,on a carpet,a space craft?,

Old 06-19-2023, 05:32 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Certainly the Bible tells us that God lives in the sky. The Old Man part probably came because they had to make him look like something or somebody. Some people say he looks like Charlie Heston, others George Burns. Could be Boris Karloff, Guy Kibbie... Could be anybody.

Old 06-19-2023, 06:06 PM

551 posts, read 191,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Certainly the Bible tells us that God lives in the sky. The Old Man part probably came because they had to make him look like something or somebody. Some people say he looks like Charlie Heston, others George Burns. Could be Boris Karloff, Guy Kibbie... Could be anybody.
Don't forget Morgan Freeman...

Old 06-19-2023, 06:28 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
To portray God Eternal as old, is just a portrayal of this realm in time and space. Where for God's children to enter the presence of God Eternal in the eternal realm, is to enter the Eternal Kingdom with the Priestly Blessing and being eternally new with a name from God Eternal.

You said that you think God is energy, which overlooks that which is perfected in weakness. As the Prophet Elijah learned after he had run from Jezebel's death threat. The Lord said; Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by. Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave....

Old 06-19-2023, 07:16 PM

God is a fatherly figure who cares and feed us.so he has to look older than us

Old 06-19-2023, 09:34 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Summary
The Bible does not attempt to prove God exists or give any definition of God. Yet it does describe His nature in four ways: God is spirit - His nature is not flesh and blood. God is also light - there is no darkness in Him at all. God is also love. Finally, God's nature can be compared to a consuming fire. These four descriptions provide some insights into God's nature and character rather than giving us a definition of Him.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/...tewart_281.cfm

Old 06-19-2023, 09:36 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Hence, it should be fair to say that "god" can be pictured as supremely bright burning fire. Definitely not as an old man sitting on a throne.
I think, this stuck from ancient Greece and Rome, with their pompous statues of gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality