Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 10:30 AM

51,007 posts, read 24,507,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
Nobody does its just an insult thrown out by a non believer to ridicule those who do believe and should be seen that way.Its not worth anyone's time.
https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bibl...of-heaven.html

You're wrong, and I personally have known christians who believe that heaven is 'up there'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 10:52 AM

20,104 posts, read 13,560,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

You're wrong, and I personally have known christians who believe that heaven is 'up there'.
Lol ... now, now, Phet, you're providing receipts for your claims and a guy who says "no one ever does that" is going to be swayed by any sort of substantiation? You're just a godless infidel throwing stuff out there, and he's going to make sure you stay that way in his mind. Nothing to see here, move along!

Old 06-21-2023, 10:57 AM

16,822 posts, read 5,027,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
Nobody does its just an insult thrown out by a non believer to ridicule those who do believe and should be seen that way.Its not worth anyone's time.
Our Father in heaven ...

Old 06-21-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Lol ... now, now, Phet, you're providing receipts for your claims and a guy who says "no one ever does that" is going to be swayed by any sort of substantiation? You're just a godless infidel throwing stuff out there, and he's going to make sure you stay that way in his mind. Nothing to see here, move along!
And proud of it!

Old 06-21-2023, 11:17 AM

20,104 posts, read 13,560,465 times
Quote:
And proud of it!
(Clutches pearls) just as brazen as you please!!

Old 06-21-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
(clutches pearls) just as brazen as you please!!
:d

Old 06-21-2023, 02:54 PM

63,953 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Bolded = I have no idea what this means and I think you mean dream avasta - state. I know you mention this a lot and I have seen it mentioned in other places as well but I have no idea what lucid dream is. If one becomes lucid during a dream I can only think it is day dreaming! That can be quite vivid but it is not dream, your body and mind is still functioning as you are still in waking state.

As you may know, per Adaviata there are 3 states/avasta. That of being awake, dream, and deep sleep. It does not mention 4 avasta, always 3. I have never seen lucid dream mentioned in any of the texts. Perhaps it is a Buddhist term? Is there a sanskrit word for it?

Dream state is almost the same as awake, except your body is not aware but your mind and emotions are vividly alive, you can experience joy, fear, sadness etc. you can move from place to place, fly, experience drowning. In deep sleep your body nor your mind are aware, almost dead except for breathing, in Sushupti, blissfut state, the state in which the atma is the only illumined. It is only when you wake you know you experienced deep sleep, not while in it. And this perfectly aligns with what all humans experience.
Lucid dream seems not a common human experience.

Atma cannot experience atma. When you look in the mirror you do not see the mirror you only see your face. Atma can only be known, inferred, understood. The whole purpose of Advaita is inquiry and knowledge, not experience. It is this knowledge that sets you free of anxiety and fear of the unknown.
This is because in the methods you have been taught and conditioned to believe, you are supposed to abandon your "ego" or conscious control while withdrawing from the sensory system inputs. I refused to do so and retained conscious control no matter how deep my altered state was. Lucid dreaming is one of the earlier stages that gives you control over your dream content. It is only this ability to alter the content that tells you it is a dream and not reality. When you can't alter the content, it is real. That is what was so convincing and alarming when I encountered it. The form of "knowing" in that state is unmistakable and eliminates all doubt.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:18 PM

18,517 posts, read 9,199,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
this is because in the methods you have been taught and conditioned to believe, you are supposed to abandon your "ego" or conscious control while withdrawing from the sensory system inputs. I refused to do so and retained conscious control no matter how deep my altered state was. Lucid dreaming is one of the earlier stages that gives you control over your dream content. It is only this ability to alter the content that tells you it is a dream and not reality. When you can't alter the content, it is real. That is what was so convincing and alarming when i encountered it. The form of "knowing" in that state is unmistakable and eliminates all doubt.
Time to lay off the DMT.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:32 PM

551 posts, read 195,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is because in the methods you have been taught and conditioned to believe, you are supposed to abandon your "ego" or conscious control while withdrawing from the sensory system inputs. I refused to do so and retained conscious control no matter how deep my altered state was. Lucid dreaming is one of the earlier stages that gives you control over your dream content. It is only this ability to alter the content that tells you it is a dream and not reality. When you can't alter the content, it is real. That is what was so convincing and alarming when I encountered it. The form of "knowing" in that state is unmistakable and eliminates all doubt.
Absolutely!

I never had control in lucid dreams. Then again I only had about half a dozen while I was practicing and I was just trying to maintain lucidity, however there was that same "knowing" within the dream that it was all unreal in and of itself. It was in fact nothing apart from me, and not the dream me.

Lucid Waking was kind of like that only there wasn't a dreamer in a bed that waking reality wasn't apart from. That was something else and just like perspective shifts in a lucid dream from the dream mind to the dreamer mind in Lucid Waking the shift in perspective is from local to non-local consciousness. At least that seems like a way to describe it. So mind and body were still there as was the external world, however perception shifted from mind-body to something else and mind-body was just as much an object to that perspective as was others and everything else. I was no longer a person moving through the world. The world (including mind-body me) was moving through "me", whatever "me" actually is.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:38 PM

56 posts, read 23,632 times
Quote:

The spiritual realm exist along side the physical realm not up in the sky sitting on clouds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality