Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 08:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

There's probably something the Lord is telling the country in this...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 09:15 PM

412 posts, read 137,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Is the Lord reminding us that the U.S. is a melting pot?

Old 06-15-2023, 10:33 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
I feel like maybe, just maybe, you're not on to something here. pish-posh.

Old 06-15-2023, 10:47 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
I had people over tonight playing cards, and we were talking about this.

Old 06-15-2023, 11:07 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
What conclusions did your poker buddy's come to on this very weird and disturbing assessment that just because the contestants didn't have biblical knowledge, that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. It just gets stupider and stupider.

Old 06-16-2023, 01:06 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
I’m not sure why but this ^ reminded me of the two Christian guys who were engaged in a conversation about the Bible. One guy was dubious about the other’s knowledge of the Bible and so he asked the other guy if he knew the Lord’s Prayer.

“Of course I know the Lord’s Prayer”, was the reply.

Unconvinced, the first guy threw out a challenge to the other guy and said: “I bet you ten dollars that you can’t recite the Lord’s Prayer”.

And so, the second guy cleared his throat and began to recite: “As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.”

The first guy was rather taken aback. He said: “Man, I honestly didn’t think that you knew the Lord’s Prayer,” as he took out his wallet and reluctantly handed the other guy a ten-dollar bill.

Old 06-16-2023, 03:35 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

What do you think the Lord is telling the country in this?

-----------------

BTW, this isn't the first time I've yelled at the TV when Jeopardy contestants didn't know the answer to what I thought was a simple question.

Old 06-16-2023, 05:14 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
What this VIDEO CLIP is telling us is that some Jeopardy contestants are fairly ignorant of Bible tropes.

Now it may just be that people don't have the Lord's Prayer memorized specifically in KJV/Elizabethan English because they are increasingly dismissive of Christianity as relevant to their daily lives.

And THAT may just have something to do with the church failing in its declared mission to "reach" people.

So it says a great deal, I think, not about people in general, but about the church itself, its leadership, and what it chooses to teach.

Old 06-16-2023, 06:42 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
I like that the answer was given to the contestants. The answer to the prayer is giving them their daily bread and the prayer is summed up in forgiveness or the lack there of.

It would have conveyed the wrong message if one of the contestants had chosen to answer the question and answered it wrong according to the rules of their game. If that had happened then hopefully the correct answer would have outweighed the loss in maximized gain outside of their game.

Old 06-16-2023, 06:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What do you think the Lord is telling the country in this?

-----------------

BTW, this isn't the first time I've yelled at the TV when Jeopardy contestants didn't know the answer to what I thought was a simple question.

If there is a message - these are supposed to be the educated people in society, and they don't know the basics of the basics about His Word.

To me it's another indicator of why this country is heading in the direction its heading. The majority ignore of people ignore Him - so He has removed Himself from our midst and allowed us on the road to self-destruction.

As far as Jeopardy itself - even the staff was embarrassed at the entire episode.

Embarrassed ‘Jeopardy’ Producer Finally Addresses Recent Episode Where All Three Contestants Missed A Stunning 23 Questions, Asks Viewers To “Forget It Ever Happened”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality