Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 05:47 AM

13,623 posts, read 10,025,945 times

Advertisements

If I were to offer you the idea of the belief in God, but with no connection to religious teachings, of any kind, would that be acceptable?

Not a being that humans are created in the image of, but a being of light and unbelievable love.

To atheists, is it the religion part that causes problems?

Just questions, but maybe an answer too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 06:10 AM

412 posts, read 137,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
If I were to offer you the idea of the belief in God, but with no connection to religious teachings, of any kind, would that be acceptable?

Not a being that humans are created in the image of, but a being of light and unbelievable love.

No it is not so much that religion causes problems. The problem is the freedom of choice that some countries allow. Que the obligatory "I don't want to banish religions; I just want all religious persons to behave in a certain way" crowd.

Old 02-13-2023, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
No it is not so much that religion causes problems. The problem is the freedom of choice that some countries allow. Que the obligatory "I don't want to banish religions; I just want all religious persons to behave in a certain way" crowd.
Is that not because of religious teachings, and without religion, not be such?

Old 02-13-2023, 06:51 AM

412 posts, read 137,463 times
Quote:
Is that not because of religious teachings, and without religion, not be such?
Anyone can form a religion to explain the mysteries of life. The problem is that certain countries, like the U.S.A., allow their citizens the freedom of religion.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:00 AM

22,154 posts, read 19,210,182 times
Quote:
If I were to offer you the idea of the belief in God, but with no connection to religious teachings, of any kind, would that be acceptable? Not a being that humans are created in the image of, but a being of light and unbelievable love. To atheists, is it the religion part that causes problems? Just questions, but maybe an answer too.
bold above, same thing

Old 02-13-2023, 07:06 AM

22,154 posts, read 19,210,182 times
Quote:
If I were to offer you the idea of the belief in God, but with no connection to religious teachings, of any kind, would that be acceptable? Not a being that humans are created in the image of, but a being of light and unbelievable love. To atheists, is it the religion part that causes problems? Just questions, but maybe an answer too.
religion is simply a group of people getting together to share and discuss that which they have in common. post above seems to be saying you can believe in god individually , but you may not gather together in a group and believe in god.

so no that is not acceptable.

because that's like saying you may own and read books in your home but you can't form or join a book club to discuss and share books. it's like saying there can be books in the home, but no public places for books, no libraries, no bookstores, no public sharing or public gathering or public reading.

hope you are able to see why that is not acceptable.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:22 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Default Another response to another of YOUR ad hominems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
So you are OK with people stoning others on religious grounds, or are you also one of the "I just want all religious people to behave in a certain way" crowd?

Old 02-13-2023, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
religion is simply a group of people getting together to share and discuss that which they have in common. post above seems to be saying you can believe in god individually , but you may not gather together in a group and believe in god.

so no that is not acceptable.

because that's like saying you may own and read books in your home but you can't form or join a book club to discuss and share books. it's like saying there can be books in the home, but no public places for books, no libraries, no bookstores, no public sharing or public gathering or public reading.

hope you are able to see why that is not acceptable.
No, I don't, and don't understand the need for groups, or the somewhat twisted morals, and Satanic chanting.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:26 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:

Religion can be a cause of problems, especially when mixed with mental health issues, politics, or people seeking a tool to gain (or abuse) power.

Then there are religions that codify false information and dubious moral laws, and create an 'us and them' system that creates division that can lead to wars.

But religion often provides comfort, security, and a sense of belonging. The picture is neither simple nor black and white.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:53 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:

A straight question, no dodging please: if this Being of Light loves us so much then why doesn't he reveal himself and then do something about all the pain and suffering down here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality