Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 12:06 PM

51,097 posts, read 24,599,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
it is the secret to happiness. politics and current events.
Not a good answer.

There is another sub-forum entitled Politics & Other Controversies. It is sort of the wild, wild west on this overall forum.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:01 PM

88,860 posts, read 85,293,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
Wow, the queen stole my thunder which directly relates to mental health.

What is P&OC material anyway? I need to know so as to avoid breaking the rules in future.
Stuff that belongs in the Politics & Other Controversies forum.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:04 PM

88,860 posts, read 85,293,411 times
Quote:
it is the secret to happiness. politics and current events.
Some of us tend to think of it more as the sewer of City-Data. I guess to others it is the secret to happiness. We're all different.

By the way, Current Events is a separate forum, and if you try to post conspiracy theories and political nonsense there, it will be deleted, same as here.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:22 PM

16,167 posts, read 7,138,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Some of us tend to think of it more as the sewer of City-Data. I guess to others it is the secret to happiness. We're all different.

By the way, Current Events is a separate forum, and if you try to post conspiracy theories and political nonsense there, it will be deleted, same as here.
It was attempt at irony which apparently misfired. I have no intention of doing any of the things you have alluded to, no worries.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:33 PM

427 posts, read 130,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
And I didn’t even get to see that part of the response before it was deleted. You are skilled at banter, and I love me a good banter.

To answer your question, the title of the thread is “Spirituality is Mental Health.” Since John Hinckley, Jr. was quite clearly mentally ill (and, as far as I know, his Taxi Driver-fueled obsessions were secular in nature), I’m asking if you or anyone else believe that religion and spiritual practices would have prevented the violent culmination of his deranged thought process (if not the process itself).

You like banter? I'll give you some banter.

How do you know Hinckley was mentally ill? What is mental illness anyway? Someone who does or say something you don't like? Imagine being put in a mental ward with a psycho in charge of the facility. Isn't this the world we are living in? Am I raising a conspiracy theory and political controversy here also?

What the hell. Let's watch another movie clip. I am the Jack Nicholson character. Guess who is the other character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HybUlCsBYoI

Old 01-25-2023, 02:39 PM

9,414 posts, read 13,071,829 times
Quote:

How do you know Hinckley was mentally ill? What is mental illness anyway? Someone who does or say something you don't like? Imagine being put in a mental ward with a psycho in charge of the facility. Isn't this the world we are living in? Am I raising a conspiracy theory and political controversy here also?

What the hell. Let's watch another movie clip. I am the Jack Nicholson character. Guess who is the other character?

I smiled at the Hinckley hot take. A bit cliched, and 40+ years too late to make for a good SNL sketch, but it fits in well with your character portrayal du jour. Just don’t tell me planet Earth is a simulation. Not much comic potential there.

And I’m not in a position to watch YouTube clips right now, but if you’re saying I’m Nurse Ratched, I will fall to the floor with laughter—not because you’re even remotely right, but because it is great comic timing. The actress who portrayed her died recently, by the way.

Hinckley’s been out and about for a few years now too, I think.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
I smiled at the Hinckley hot take. A bit cliched, and 40+ years too late to make for a good SNL sketch, but it fits in well with your character portrayal du jour. Just don’t tell me planet Earth is a simulation. Not much comic potential there.

And I’m not in a position to watch YouTube clips right now, but if you’re saying I’m Nurse Ratched, I will fall to the floor with laughter—not because you’re even remotely right, but because it is great comic timing. The actress who portrayed her died recently, by the way.

Hinckley’s been out and about for a few years now too, I think.

I am glad you saw this before it's deleted. You missed the message by a mile. No one understood the teaching of Jesus but he taught what he had to teach anyway. Some seed sown will fall on fertile ground.

Old 01-25-2023, 02:59 PM

16,167 posts, read 7,138,528 times
Quote:

This is too sad. Too real. Let us go with maya and delusion.

Old 01-25-2023, 03:08 PM

9,414 posts, read 13,071,829 times
Quote:
I am glad you saw this before it's deleted. You missed the message by a mile. No one understood the teaching of Jesus but he taught what he had to teach anyway. Some seed sown will fall on fertile ground.
Actually, I think you just confirmed that I got it spot-on.

Until next time, myuen2eleh.

Old 01-25-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
This is too sad. Too real. Let us go with maya and delusion.

I would rather watch movies. One can't stand by the bay window all day waiting for it to return.

And suicide is diagnose by science as mental illness but the Maya it invented is not.

To inhabiting the "mind of Christ" is to wear a crown of thorns on your heart when you see that guy at the street corner waving his Bible at passersby telling them to repent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality