Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 05:21 PM

427 posts, read 127,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Lol

Yeah, that's a funny extrapolation. Crooked thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 05:25 PM

9,327 posts, read 13,001,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myuen2 View Post
So do good Catholic men spread their seed and then cut and run from their pregnant Catholic wives? The people yearn to know.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:26 PM

19,979 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
No. A person with a male body can be many things. Fatherhood is an unnatural calling.
A person with a female body can also be whatever they choose, and it isn't mutually exclusive with motherhood, either.

For someone who disparages naturalism it seems odd to me that you are concerned with how (un)natural a calling might be judged to be. But Elijah is quite right, by your logic, men exist only to impregnate women, based on the physical appointments unique to their bodies. Anything else would be contrary to nature.

But I do not think we should hijack QB's thread with a debate about the such things. If you want to argue about the "natural" roles of men and women, start your own thread.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:27 PM

Quote:
No; it's a cogent observation about the logical inconsistency of your thinking.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:32 PM

9,327 posts, read 13,001,014 times
Quote:
But I do not think we should hijack QB's thread with a debate about the such things. If you want to argue about the "natural" roles of men and women, start your own thread.
That is a good point.

Going back to QB’s situation, she has plenty of time to do things like complete her college education and reenter the workforce, if she sees value in making those changes and they’re the right ones for her family. For what it’s worth, her friend has plenty of time to find a partner, have children, and be a stay at home mom if that’s the right choice for her family.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
So do good Catholic men spread their seed and then cut and run from their pregnant Catholic wives? The people yearn to know.

Men who spread their seed are atheists.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
A person with a female body can also be whatever they choose, and it isn't mutually exclusive with motherhood, either.

For someone who disparages naturalism it seems odd to me that you are concerned with how (un)natural a calling might be judged to be. But Elijah is quite right, by your logic, men exist only to impregnate women, based on the physical appointments unique to their bodies. Anything else would be contrary to nature.

I am not hijacking this thread, you are. The OP is unsure of her vocation as a mother. I was pointing out that she is right on the money being the mother of two fine kids. Let's hope the person who sowed the seeds stick with her through thick and thin in this hell hole of a world. A Catholic marriage is for life without parole for good reasons.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Going back to QB’s situation, she has plenty of time to do things like complete her college education and reenter the workforce, if she sees value in making those changes and they’re the right ones for her family. For what it’s worth, her friend has plenty of time to find a partner, have children, and be a stay at home mom if that’s the right choice for her family.
Yes, there is nothing cast in stone for either one of them.

And to be clear, I was not trying to generalize from my wife's life decisions to all women. It was the right decision for her at the time for various reasons. It is not impossible to properly nurture children while holding down a full time professional role. It is just not as trivial as some make it out to be, and it is not possible for every woman to do both. My daughter for example has a stay at home husband, which is how she maintained her nursing career and now her writing career. The young professional couple across the street from us are affluent enough to have a nanny. Someone has to be present for the children in the moment, IMO.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:53 PM

Quote:
No; it's a cogent observation about the logical inconsistency of your thinking.

Me inconsistent? What kind of moral logic do you subscribe to? Every female of the specie has babies. Until atheism invaded the public space and subverted religious morality, human culture was guided by Mother Nature. Now, it's one unholy mess.

Old 01-12-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
That is a good point.

The only time for a person with a female body to find a partner is in the spring time of her life when the "Romeo and Juliet" magic is in the air. Even animals know as much. They mate according to Mother Nature's plan.

Once spring is over, the conditions are no longer there. Disaster in every corner arises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality