Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 07:48 AM

16,865 posts, read 5,050,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I am somewhat skeptical about climate change, as it not a pure science.
But I don’t believe this is indicated as some apocalyptic event, just like the Covid pandemic.
This is a normal cycle of events, and anyone can skew it to mean God’s wrath, or referenced in the Book of Revelation etc.
Perhaps if you take it to the science section, someone will point you to the actual science.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:54 AM

51,140 posts, read 24,624,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Most of the extended extra heat and cold and storms are manipulated by giant wicked angels that God rejected even UFO which are wicked spirit have been seen during tornados and storms ....... So when people fear and complaint is what is motivating the extremes of the actions of these spirit and are calling on the fallen spirit to bring more of these manipulations into the weather ........ Jesus Spirit can rip these spirit out of the earth, but His children must pray for deliverance in the earth ......... Don't believe any of this you need to get Jesus spirit in your spirit to find truth.
Oh my

Old 12-11-2022, 07:54 AM

20,168 posts, read 13,607,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Grid Farmer View Post
Does anyone out there find it to be more than just a 'coincidence' that the Earth is warming up (and there are all these droughts and fires)and man is destroying the earth at lightning speed...
Sure it's not just a coincidence -- it is simple cause and effect backed by crystal-clear science.

And no it is not primarily cyclic.

Old 12-11-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nope.

The earth has cooled and warmed before. This is a cycle.

The stuff in Revelation will be pretty obvious. It won't be debatable.
Perhaps I'm remembering this wrong, but it seems to me that at some point you said you weren't actually a fundamentalist, and yet there is the bolded.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:04 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,143,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Grid Farmer View Post
Does anyone out there find it to be more than just a 'coincidence' that the Earth is warming up (and there are all these droughts and fires)and man is destroying the earth at lightning speed... And God says in the Bible that He would turn up the heat on the Earth in the last days and that He would destroy those who destroyed the Earth... Perhaps these droughts and fires are not just 'man made' but a warning from God that the way the world is operating is not acceptable; And the time of thy wrath has come and the time of judgment that thou shouldest give reward and destroy those who have destroyed the Earth. Revelation 11-18
Global warming, combined with Covid, Russia and Iran threatening Israel, etc. are all really scary to me, and I think that we could be living in the end times. But then again, (1) Jesus’ Second Coming is unknown and (2) the end of all of that is God’s victory over Satan, so there is reason for hope.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Global warming, combined with Covid, Russia and Iran threatening Israel, etc. are all really scary to me, and I think that we could be living in the end times. But then again, (1) Jesus’ Second Coming is unknown and (2) the end of all of that is God’s victory over Satan, so there is reason for hope.
So god really isn't all powerful.

Old 12-11-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Global warming has an actual cause. That cause can be addressed. Hint: it is not the wrath of god.

Russia is threatening Ukraine much more than Israel at the moment. There are actual causes for that as well, going back almost a decade proximally and in some ways for hundreds of years. Hint: it is not the wrath of god

There are reasons to hope (a guttering candle of hope, but hope nonetheless). But the victory of one imaginary being over another is not one of those reasons.

One cannot solve problems without an accurate diagnosis. Everything is at the end of a causal chain -- cause and effect -- some better understood than others. It is not the whim of some supernatural entity. It is us. And we had better learn to get a grip on ourselves and quit palming it all off on God's Plan.

Old 12-11-2022, 10:06 AM

To those who think that climate change is due to the wrath of god...you christians like to point out your numbers put you in the majority, so god is punishing you christians. Okay, if that's the way you want it.

Old 12-11-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To those who think that climate change is due to the wrath of god...you christians like to point out your numbers put you in the majority, so god is punishing you christians. Okay, if that's the way you want it.
To be fair, I have heard Christians advance other "explanations" such as that puny humans couldn't possibly be any significant input into a wobbly climate, since that denies that "god is in control". Besides, god gave us dominion over nature to do with as we please, so we need have no concern for fouling the water or tilling the land in ways that cause the topsoil to blow away. We are free to exploit with abandon.

Good luck with that, folks!

Old 12-11-2022, 10:38 AM

28,712 posts, read 18,920,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
To be fair, I have heard Christians advance other "explanations" such as that puny humans couldn't possibly be any significant input into a wobbly climate, since that denies that "god is in control". Besides, god gave us dominion over nature to do with as we please, so we need have no concern for fouling the water or tilling the land in ways that cause the topsoil to blow away. We are free to exploit with abandon.

Good luck with that, folks!

That is such an odd way for any Christian to think, given all the direness of what scripture says about stewardship and the terror of the moment the steward is called to account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality