Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 07:26 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times

Advertisements

It's been a great year. I don't know what you folks are talking about.

Maybe you should quit watching the "news" and other TV, and reading junk. As someone who's opted out of all of that, life if good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 08:55 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I know that most people were really excited at the beginning of 2022 because we were finally coming out of the dark days of the pandemic. However, 2022 has been an awful year for me.

For whatever reason, it’s been one of those years where it is just one thing after another. I thought that it was just me; however, the more people I speak with, the more I am hearing that they have been having similar experiences as well. The general consensus is that something isn’t right,

Suffice to say, I can’t wait for this year to be over. Is anyone else experiencing this and, if so, what is your take on it?
All years have felt like that for me since 2003.

Old 11-20-2022, 03:21 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
I most wrath of God curses is God taking His hand off countries which turn their back on God where the devil and his hoard run roughshod on the countries and the leaders who reject God ...... People who don't want the gospel will see more crime wars climate change illness as the devil is free when Christians curse and don't pray simple as that

Old 11-21-2022, 04:33 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I most wrath of God curses is God taking His hand off countries which turn their back on God where the devil and his hoard run roughshod on the countries and the leaders who reject God ...... People who don't want the gospel will see more crime wars climate change illness as the devil is free when Christians curse and don't pray simple as that
So climate change is caused by apostasy? That's a new one. At least you're not a denialist, I'll give you that.

Problem with this thinking is that by this logic the fix for climate change is not to reduce your carbon footprint, but to embrace orthodoxy. Good luck with that!

Similarly I am unaware of any period in human history when crime was wiped out for any reason, much less by avoiding divine curses.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:31 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

Maybe you should quit watching the "news" and other TV, and reading junk. As someone who's opted out of all of that, life if good!
It may have been great for you but not all of us feel that way. Most of us our talking about our personal lives here. I wish it were that simple as turning off the news and all of a sudden our lives are better. I'm also someone that thought 2020 was a fairly good year so you know the news doesn't affect my life much. The reason why the war in Ukraine is personal is because we have family and friends there on my wife's side.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:59 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Sufficiently privileged (or delusional) persons can just say "la la la I can't hear you" to the news or call it "junk" but at some point you catch covid or you get laid off or the water table in your areas dries up ... and then what?

There's a newsletter I read with the hilarious (to me, anyway) title "Okay Doomer" that is pretty good about explaining how uncomfortable truths are disparaged as dooms-saying with the unfortunate result that we take no action and then the dooms become real and guaranteed rather than mere disturbing possibilities or dangers.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:54 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Sufficiently privileged (or delusional) persons can just say "la la la I can't hear you" to the news or call it "junk" but at some point you catch covid or you get laid off or the water table in your areas dries up ... and then what?

There's a newsletter I read with the hilarious (to me, anyway) title "Okay Doomer" that is pretty good about explaining how uncomfortable truths are disparaged as dooms-saying with the unfortunate result that we take no action and then the dooms become real and guaranteed rather than mere disturbing possibilities or dangers.
Hmmm, definitely food for thought ^ . . .

My personal thoughts are that 'something' IS going on in the world unlike any other time in earth's history (maybe the Bible DOES have it right regarding last day events) and I'm wondering how long before the other shoe drops.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM

412 posts, read 137,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Hmmm, definitely food for thought ^ . . .

My personal thoughts are that 'something' IS going on in the world unlike any other time in earth's history (maybe the Bible DOES have it right regarding last day events) and I'm wondering how long before the other shoe drops.
The other day, a couple of people stated if a nuclear bomb was to hit the United States, they wanted it to hit dead square into their foreheads. They reasoned that they did not want to survive the fallout. We all had a laugh at those who are buying survival gear and building bunkers, we all reasoned they will be the first ones hunted down for their goodies.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:47 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

Has nothing to do with the news.

Old 11-23-2022, 04:32 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

Many people have the attitude like the war in Ukraine is not their problem since it's not happening in their country. Also they don't live in Uvalde or one of the other towns that the mass shooting incidents happened in so they don't care. They are just happy that the pandemic is over and no more mask mandates and/or lockdowns and they can go back to their normal lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality