Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 07:08 PM

22,423 posts, read 19,304,533 times

Advertisements

yes Thoreau. i agree.

i've heard it put this way: "what you focus on, you become"

and "wherever your thoughts go, there you are"

we can choose the direction, for better or for worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 09:31 AM

16,066 posts, read 7,086,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I know that most people were really excited at the beginning of 2022 because we were finally coming out of the dark days of the pandemic. However, 2022 has been an awful year for me.

For whatever reason, it’s been one of those years where it is just one thing after another. I thought that it was just me; however, the more people I speak with, the more I am hearing that they have been having similar experiences as well. The general consensus is that something isn’t right,

Suffice to say, I can’t wait for this year to be over. Is anyone else experiencing this and, if so, what is your take on it?

I don't believe any particular year is cursed. Yes the pandemic brought an extraordinary amount of suffering, death and loss. But there have been epidemics before that spread fast and deep, not to mention wars and atomic bombings and napalm and tortures, and there was much suffering, death and loss. Why should we think we are, and should be, somehow protected from disasters and despair?
2022 has been good and bad. Socially and economically we have less unemployment, more awareness, inflation is coming down. We also have extraordinary criminal behavior at all levels and fields. We have rail road workers left with no sick leave and ordered back to work while hefty dividends were paid to shareholders. Many, if not all, bad things we do to ourselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality