Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 07:51 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,014,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It should be evident to everyone here online that they are actually using the "composite resonant neural synaptic activity at the level of quanta" in their brain to respond to these posts. That composite "thinker" is a spiritual being, NOT a physical being. When we had little knowledge of the difference between energy manifestations at the macro level and those at the level of quanta, we had an excuse for thinking we were just physical beings.

We should no longer have that excuse. None of your physical self is doing any of the "thinking" that produces the responses you transfer to your fingers and the computer. It exists at the level of quanta and that is beyond the macro level of physical beings. Of course, I realize that it is not remotely obvious or evident to most of you, but it should be, IMO! The quantum level of existence is the Spiritual level of being and it is beyond our sensory system capabilities.
Why should your opinion be obvious to everyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 09:20 AM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
This response has become one of my favorites from you Tzaph, although I suspect it will not be equally appreciated by others here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Why should your opinion be obvious to everyone?
See Tzaph! QED!

Old 11-15-2022, 09:56 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,014,859 times
Quote:
See Tzaph! QED!
Of course. some of us are rational. Now, how about answering the question (without mentioning your alleged research).

Old 11-15-2022, 10:08 AM

11,626 posts, read 6,094,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How do believers and non-believers who consider themselves spiritual, look at this question?

You watched Father Stu. That was a quote from the movie.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:13 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,761,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
How do believers and non-believers who consider themselves spiritual, look at this question?
Generally speaking, I believe believers and non-believers who consider themselves spiritual tend to look at this question spiritually. Atheists look at the question and the answer in other ways.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonof View Post
Of course "spiritual being" may be defined. Anything may be defined.
That can be done.

What cannot be done is to define something into actual existence.
And this is, I'm afraid, what you are trying to do.
Sort of like if definition is provided then it must be real.

Sorry, it does not work this way.
Spiritual being with aforementioned properties needs to demonstrated first, and then we all, together can go about developing the most appropriate definition for it.
True. I was thinking the same thing with regard to the problem of poorly defining whatever terms are used to attempt better understanding of what is true and what is not. No matter how well defined the term, people will still disagree about what is spiritual and what is not. What actually exists and what doesn't. People won't agree about the way things work either.

Forever the problem of even facts, sound reason and solid logic taking a "back seat" to all else that will have people believe whatever they like.

Good luck with all that!

Old 11-15-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
This response has become one of my favorites from you Tzaph, although I suspect it will not be equally appreciated by others here.
No, no! I love it too! Though I have to admit this part gives me a good chuckle!

"It should be evident to everyone here..."

Old 11-15-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Of course. some of us are rational. Now, how about answering the question (without mentioning your alleged research).
You are being quite pedantic for someone rational and "allegedly" knowledgeable about the underlying science. Every manifestation of our Reality is a form of the energy composite that comprises it. Is that conceptually beyond your grasp? What is the energy composite that represents our mind (consciousness) comprised of? The answer should be obvious!

It is "a composite of the resonant neural synaptic activity at the level of quanta" ("fire") transformed by our brain ("combustibles"). It is really not "rocket science" unless you want to get into the "weeds" of the actual science (which is inappropriate here).

Old 11-15-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
It should be evident to everyone here online that they are actually using the "composite resonant neural synaptic activity at the level of quanta" in their brain to respond to these posts. That composite "thinker" is a spiritual being, NOT a physical being. When we had little knowledge of the difference between energy manifestations at the macro level and those at the level of quanta, we had an excuse for thinking we were just physical beings.

We should no longer have that excuse. None of your physical self is doing any of the "thinking" that produces the responses you transfer to your fingers and the computer. It exists at the level of quanta and that is beyond the macro level of physical beings. Of course, I realize that it is not remotely obvious or evident to most of you, but it should be, IMO! The quantum level of existence is the Spiritual level of being and it is beyond our sensory system capabilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No, no! I love it too! Though I have to admit this part gives me a good chuckle!
"It should be evident to everyone here..."
I am glad you got a chuckle out of it, but I DID qualify it later in the post.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:47 PM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
"story" is right
Doesn't really matter if it's a story or not for purposes of the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality