Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 05:39 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,027,721 times

Advertisements

Yogananda in 1940 talk on World Crisis; condensed from a booklet into two online pages:

World Crisis

Quote:
This is not a political talk. My domain is spirituality; I shall always live and act within that realm, and in the domain of Spirit I shall die. I speak only from that level of consciousness. …
Sometime, after I am gone from this earth, you will realize all I have tried to do for you. If you follow the constructive advice I shall give today, you will one day be very grateful for it.
I had thought that through her good qualities America would escape the calamities of other nations. But a great crisis is going to come, a crisis such as never before has hit this country, because the emphasis now is on spending and on increasing taxation. When the false prosperity collapses, what will you do? There will be millions unemployed. Most are now living in blissful oblivion, unaware of the impending emergency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 02:21 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
“If one busies himself with an outer display of scriptural wealth, what time is left for silent inward diving after the priceless pearls?” - Sri Yukteswar

Old 10-03-2023, 09:29 AM

"Though we may seem divided by race, creed, color, class, and political prejudices, still, as children of the one God we are able in our souls to feel brotherhood and world unity....In our hearts we can all learn to be free from hate and selfishness. Let us pray for harmony among the nations, that they march hand in hand through the gate of a fair new civilization."
— Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 10-03-2023, 03:20 PM

More from Yogananda 1940 talk on World Crisis:

World Crisis (2)

Quote:
In wrongs committed through sense slavery there is compulsion, but treachery is voluntary, willful. Thus when the scribes and the Pharisees asked Jesus if they should follow the Mosaic law and stone Mary Magdalene for adultery, he said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." [John 8:7] One by one, they all turned away and left. But this same Jesus, who asked God's mercy even for his crucifiers,* said of the traitor Judas: "Woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born." ** [* "Forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34); **Matthew 26:24] Jesus clearly meant that he who is treacherous is the greater sinner. The deliberate sin of treachery is despised by God.

Old 10-07-2023, 02:51 PM

"Supreme happiness cannot be found in the world; but we need not run away to the jungle to seek Him (God) who is the Giver of all happiness. In this jungle of daily life, we may find Him in the cave of silence. Remember, the only man who is happy is the man who sits in the temple of silence and shuts out all storms or worries. Nothing can challenge the quietness of his soul. " - Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 10-07-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
If one aspires for oneself and for the world to attain the unexcelled enlightenment, the roots of this are an awakening mind as firm as Meru, king of mountains, compassion extending in all directions, and gnosis not rooted in duality.
Nagarjuna, Precious Garland.

Old 11-18-2023, 06:48 PM

“Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along.” — Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 12-11-2023, 11:10 AM

"He who perceives Me everywhere and beholds everything in Me never loses sight of Me, nor do I ever lose sight of him." - Lord Krishna

Old 12-28-2023, 05:58 PM

“One should spend the last part of life in meditating deeply most of the time; and, through the wisdom and spirituality thus acquired, in rendering social and spiritual service to others.”

— Paramahansa Yogananda

Old 01-12-2024, 05:21 PM

"Mankind is engaged in an eternal quest for that “something else” he hopes will bring him happiness, complete and unending. For those individual souls who have sought and found God, the search is over: He is that Something Else." - Paramahansa Yogananda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality