Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 05:34 AM

1,750 posts, read 752,952 times

Advertisements

This is a thread for sending good vibes out into the spiritual universe.

Anything positive happening in society that you see, recognize it here!

---------

College football players are now allowed to make money off of their image. My husband's team has seen some of its Michigan players give in some cases ALL of their "NIL money" to charity.

Blake Corum has given his money to buy turkeys last Thanksgiving for needy families in the Ypsilanti area. Then last Christmas he gave out free Christmas gifts to poor families in Detroit. This fall he was buying backpacks and school materials for needy children.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/2...rkeys-michigan

https://www.wxyz.com/sports/michigan...ack-to-detroit

Blake Corum has also spent time reading to elementary children and running youth sports events and buying youth groups pizza.

My husband says that he will make the NFL one day, which is perhaps why he is willing to give all of his NIL money to charity. But it is still a great gesture, especially with the time. He is the best running back on the team.

His teammate JJ McCarthy, a quarter back, is also doing the same thing. JJ McCarthy is donating some of his NIL money to multiple Children's Hospitals, to people who need help paying children's medical bills, and to victims of mass shootings. JJ has also spent time at youth camps.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ms/6417106001/

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/jj-mcca...oney-charities

JJ has been with his girl friend for 4 years straight and seems so well spoken and polite. He comes across as so wholesome and boyish in a good way. He draws with a marker a smile on his hand before the games.

He has had playing time before, but has never "started" a game where he would play at the beginning and for most of the game. JJ is always exciting to watch when he gets in the game! He gets his 1st start ever tonight and I am so nervous for him and sending him all of the positive energy that I can today so that no one on either team gets injured, but also that he can concentrate and do as well as he can.

It would be easy for these boys to spend it all on themselves. I know my friends in college are always looking for more money or to live it up.

We can all learn from and emulate such fine boys who send out such positivity into the universe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2022, 08:21 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
I love your posts QB. All these people adding negativity to their and others consciousness and then there's you.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:26 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
It might take me awhile to think of something (lol) but I'll definitely put it here when I do!

Old 09-10-2022, 08:54 AM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
OP -- I think you should begin by defining what you mean by the "spiritual universe".

Old 09-10-2022, 09:18 AM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I love your posts QB. All these people adding negativity to their and others consciousness and then there's you.
I second that. Nice thread.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:30 AM

I live next door to a city where organizing labor was met with beatings and violence. The women workers in factories, who also organized in the face of violence, had to send their children away, off to New York , in order to keep them safe.

Today 70% of Americans support Labor Unions. That is time bending towards justice. I recognize that as the Universal Spiritual Order balancing our collective karma.
Unions have their own corruption and politics, but I am for the workers receiving fair wages and job security when the CEO s are make billions and take joy rides to the moon.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
This is a thread for sending good vibes out into the spiritual universe.

Anything positive happening in society that you see, recognize it here!

---------

College football players are now allowed to make money off of their image. My husband's team has seen some of its Michigan players give in some cases ALL of their "NIL money" to charity.

Blake Corum has given his money to buy turkeys last Thanksgiving for needy families in the Ypsilanti area. Then last Christmas he gave out free Christmas gifts to poor families in Detroit. This fall he was buying backpacks and school materials for needy children.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/2...rkeys-michigan

https://www.wxyz.com/sports/michigan...ack-to-detroit

Blake Corum has also spent time reading to elementary children and running youth sports events and buying youth groups pizza.

My husband says that he will make the NFL one day, which is perhaps why he is willing to give all of his NIL money to charity. But it is still a great gesture, especially with the time. He is the best running back on the team.

His teammate JJ McCarthy, a quarter back, is also doing the same thing. JJ McCarthy is donating some of his NIL money to multiple Children's Hospitals, to people who need help paying children's medical bills, and to victims of mass shootings. JJ has also spent time at youth camps.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ms/6417106001/

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/jj-mcca...oney-charities

JJ has been with his girl friend for 4 years straight and seems so well spoken and polite. He comes across as so wholesome and boyish in a good way. He draws with a marker a smile on his hand before the games.

He has had playing time before, but has never "started" a game where he would play at the beginning and for most of the game. JJ is always exciting to watch when he gets in the game! He gets his 1st start ever tonight and I am so nervous for him and sending him all of the positive energy that I can today so that no one on either team gets injured, but also that he can concentrate and do as well as he can.

It would be easy for these boys to spend it all on themselves. I know my friends in college are always looking for more money or to live it up.

We can all learn from and emulate such fine boys who send out such positivity into the universe!
Love this post, totally agree about college football players. The amount of money coaches get paid in STATE universities is obscene. That can support several students’ financial aid so they can get an education.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:23 AM

1,750 posts, read 752,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
OP -- I think you should begin by defining what you mean by the "spiritual universe".
You can define it anyway you see fit!

It is a religion and spirituality forum so it is completely open to interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I live next door to a city where organizing labor was met with beatings and violence. The women workers in factories, who also organized in the face of violence, had to send their children away, off to New York , in order to keep them safe.

Today 70% of Americans support Labor Unions. That is time bending towards justice. I recognize that as the Universal Spiritual Order balancing our collective karma.
Unions have their own corruption and politics, but I am for the workers receiving fair wages and job security when the CEO s are make billions and take joy rides to the moon.
Well, I don't like the violence, but it is good to protect workers' rights.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:26 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
You can define it anyway you see fit!

It is a religion and spirituality forum so it is completely open to interpretation.

ok, cool

Old 09-10-2022, 01:08 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
I wish all debaters on here would be like QB. One doesn't have to agree with the other person's philosophy to have adult and reasonable conversations about it.

And hell yeah, I'm as guilty as most others here about being sarcastic and at times snarky. I'll try to do better... no promises, but I will try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality