Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 09:35 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times

Advertisements

Go with what is most real and genuine with you, whatever that is.

Then, keep open and receptive, and adjust / fine-tune your beliefs and outlook over time as you continue to seek and understand as best as possible.

We're all different, and will always see matters differently anyway. It's a waste of time trying to make everyone think and see the same. The best we can do with other people is simply share our own perceptions, but really nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 04:16 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Try the Unitarian church.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:20 PM

7,908 posts, read 3,454,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
God writing His law on a person's heart is a beautiful thing.

Better to be defined by God than self-defined.
Problem is God writes his law through the hands of men, and even if I trust God I do not trust the men.

One might not want to be entirely self defined but if you trust in yourself you can trust in your personal relationship with God.

OP you might want to try Deism out for size...

"Deism is the belief in the existence of God solely based on rational thought without any reliance on revealed religions or religious authority."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Old 05-24-2022, 03:56 PM

1,478 posts, read 478,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Problem is God writes his law through the hands of men, and even if I trust God I do not trust the men.

One might not want to be entirely self defined but if you trust in yourself you can trust in your personal relationship with God.
In my post that you quoted, I wrote from what I have grown to know in my walk with God and the Life He shares. And is also shared in the Torah and Psalms. I know that David relates.

And my second sentence is in reference to the Priestly blessing, and God putting His name on the recipient. I spoke of being defined by God and not being self-defined. I know that Abram relates to the Priestly blessing and then God putting His name on him, calling him Abraham.

Last edited by chief scum; 05-24-2022 at 04:09 PM..

Old 06-18-2022, 11:48 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Molfar View Post

That is, you can be a Buddhist, for example, but if you were baptized, that is, they performed the rite of "baptism", then you will be doomed to be a Christian until the end of your life and after death ... even if you believe in other gods or a god and pray sincerely to them /to him...

There is only one way out, to get rid of the "seal" and sincerely turn to the god or gods to whom you want to go, those with whom you feel spiritual unity ...

Frankly, that's nonsense.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:43 AM

1,750 posts, read 753,400 times
Labels often hurt more than help.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:44 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Labels often hurt more than help.
I bet you use labels all the time.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:49 AM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mine wouldn't.
You need to trade yours in for one of those ones that has "a wonderful plan for your life"...

Old 06-19-2022, 06:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I seriously don't know the answer to this question but does the concept of reincarnation answer the question as to why the world population is increasing?

If we are live and die and come back and die and come back, then how are the new souls added to this cycle?
look at the surface of the planet. its basically the same weight same amount of water, same amount of oxgen and carbon atoms.

But life cycles through.

Old 06-19-2022, 10:42 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
look at the surface of the planet. its basically the same weight same amount of water, same amount of oxgen and carbon atoms.

But life cycles through.
We can also reincarnate into bacteria, fungi, animals, plants or even an automobile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality