Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 10:29 PM

927 posts, read 588,228 times

Advertisements

It's gotten to the point that mother earth is in an SOS stage and we are all ignoring her pleas to get along with each other as a human race. Instead, Christians love to ostraichize things so much it's caused others to react in the same but opposite matter and thus the turf wars are going on globally and it isn't going to end well.

If this is what the kingdom of heaven is like I'm glad I'm a fugitive from Jesus and will gladly remain one for as long as I have breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 03:30 AM

9,695 posts, read 10,035,424 times
Christian when they repented and got baptized should move through God from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Heaven, so they forsake the works of the devil in a dark world ..... The more they work through God the joy of the Spirit is sometimes rejected by people of the world, where the people of God refuse to hated other people enemies .................. See the spiritual authority of God is the good nature of Heaven, and the spiritual authority of the devil is the evil nature of the world, so believers follow what is right.......... Then some Christians are bias to politics where anything goes

Old 02-06-2022, 04:26 AM

1,014 posts, read 481,406 times
Default Why are Christians always so holier than thou towards those that are beneath them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
It's gotten to the point that mother earth is in an SOS stage and we are all ignoring her pleas to get along with each other as a human race. Instead, Christians love to ostraichize things so much it's caused others to react in the same but opposite matter and thus the turf wars are going on globally and it isn't going to end well.

If this is what the kingdom of heaven is like I'm glad I'm a fugitive from Jesus and will gladly remain one for as long as I have breath.
I take it you mean other Jewish people. And of course those beneath them means the Gentiles. Non-Jewish people. I cannot speak for others. But I'd say a Jewish person always seems to know more than a non-Jewish person about God.

Old 02-06-2022, 04:57 AM

20,064 posts, read 13,524,028 times
Quote:

By now you're doubtless aware that I have no high regard for the Christian faith, but in fairness, ostracizing / holier-than-thou behavior isn't consistent within Christianity; it tends to flow from the more authoritarian sects. Also, it's not exclusive to Christianity. Buddhists in Mayanmar persecute ethnic and religious minorities. Chinese government (officially, atheists) persecute Tibetan Buddhists. Buddhists and Hindus have great conflict in India and Pakistan -- all of this is the same "we're right and you Others are wrong" mentality.

You aren't wrong to appreciate your faith for not being part of this problem, although, such a broad-brush dismissal of Christianity might reflect a personal "we're right and you Others are wrong" attitude, possibly. It's a very human tendency, one that we should all be helping ourselves and others compensate for.

Old 02-06-2022, 04:59 AM

7,597 posts, read 4,173,315 times
It's not all Christians. Sometimes it could just be people who have never left their hometown or never needed to learn how to get along with others who think differently than they do.

Old 02-06-2022, 05:09 AM

3,741 posts, read 2,575,289 times
The unaware irony (& bigotry) of this original post is delicious..

Old 02-06-2022, 09:46 AM

13,679 posts, read 7,984,403 times
It's a human tendency to want to elevate ourselves over others. This is not a phenomena unique to Christianity.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:15 AM

50,917 posts, read 24,424,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
It's a human tendency to want to elevate ourselves over others. This is not a phenomena unique to Christianity.
But it is more abhorrent when a self-proclaimed very moral group does so.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:57 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,662,615 times
Quote:

Where, who, and what are they doing...specifically?
Seems to me differing political, social, and economic views & concepts are a greater instigation.
Please clue me in: Who's more "holy", people like you, or Christians? Are you and your ilk above or beneath the Christians?

Old 02-06-2022, 12:30 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
The unaware irony (& bigotry) of this original post is delicious..
Indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality