Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM

140 posts, read 132,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Massive ignorance is not proof of anything except the author is either not very bright, or he is scamming the ignorant. Because a person has a degree does not make them intelligent...The book has nothing but to do with reality....Here is a much better book....It is actually filled with facts.... The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution: Richard Dawkins: 9781416594789: Amazon.com: Books

Sanspeur: You purposely left out 49 other Scientists with PHd's that are in complete agreement. Richard Dawkins is an atheist - We celebrated his "holiday" yesterday.

Answer me one question: Why is earth the only planet with millions of species of life. all other planets in our solar system cannot support any type of lifestyle.

We have over 100 specific anthropic principles that only occur on earth to support life; All scientists agree; Our universe is a very precise finely tuned enviorment which enables earth to support life.

More than 100 delicate balances exist; where if any one of them are altered in any way - life would cease to exist.

Your Hero - Richard Dawkins - is in the news - changing his views -

These incredible and precise numerical values required for life confront scientists with obvious and difficult implications. The remarkable fact is that the values of these anthropic constants seem to be adjusted with such precision as to make possible not only the development but also the sustaining of life , only here on our earth.

first there was - NOTHING then "it" - (exploded) then billionz of years later man magically appears! The tooth fairy is more believable than that story!

Jesus said in John chapter ten - My sheep hear my voice - I call my sheep by name! Yeah; I've heard HIM speak to me many many times - ONLY because ; I had already been "listening" for his voice

He said: Be Still; and know- that I am the Lord!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
You are totally ignorant of how evolution works, so I suggest you educate yourself on the topic...One should not discuss that which one knows nothing at all about.

You also know little about what is required for life to exist, as evidenced by this statement..."More than 100 delicate balances exist; where if any one of them are altered in any way - life would cease to exist." This is just not true

Regarding the one planet with life in our solar system...The reason is simply that earth is the correct distance from the sun and has the necessary ingredients that allowed life to begin. I have no doubt that there are many other planets in the universe that support life. It is estimated that there are 300 to 400 billion planets in the milky way (our home galaxy) and there are billions of galaxies....The arrogance of people such as yourself that think that we are special is mind numbing.....I wonder what you apologists will say about your myth when some planets with life are discovered.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM

Evolution cannot explain how two different type species were designed for sex to reproduce; When did they both appear? why did they both appear? We are just an accident ? with no purpose? The quote i typed the above post were the words of many scientists. You didn't even bother to read what they said and / or contemplate the meanings.

Evolution is not a tested proven scientific fact. It is presented that way and ALL OTHER THEORY's ARE THROWN OUT. This is not education it is indoctrination.

Evolution cannot explain how everything started (scientifically) nothing can explain the two different designed species to fit each other for reproducing - That is a design - an intelligent design - It cannot be possible for perfection to come out of total chaos. The human body is perfectly designed - it does however have one major flaw - SIN! EVIL! How did that "just happen to be instiled into every single human through an accident.

Evolation has too many unanswered questions - riddles - conundrums. 95 % of it is utter nonsense untestable and cannot be reproduced. There has never been any tornado or hurricane that produced a "finished product"!

Man cannot possibly be compared to any other of the millions of different species - therefore: Man was made in the image of God!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 PM

142 posts, read 120,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
The Bible IS a history book and its been confirmed countless times thru archeological finds as far back as the book of Genesis. Doing a simple google on :'Archeological Evidence for the Bible' will reveal irrefutable scientific evidence. Also, the large booklet called : 'The 12 Points that prove Christianity' is a must-have on this topic. Available thru www.impactapologetics.com for the sincere Seeker. Regards.
In related news, history confirms that there really was an event in the 1860s known as the American Civil War, and a man named Sherman really did burn a city called Atlanta.

See?

Gone With The Wind is a history book!

Old 04-02-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
Evolution cannot explain how two different type species were designed for sex to reproduce; When did they both appear? why did they both appear? We are just an accident ? with no purpose? The quote i typed the above post were the words of many scientists. You didn't even bother to read what they said and / or contemplate the meanings.

Evolution is not a tested proven scientific fact. It is presented that way and ALL OTHER THEORY's ARE THROWN OUT. This is not education it is indoctrination.

Evolution cannot explain how everything started (scientifically) nothing can explain the two different designed species to fit each other for reproducing - That is a design - an intelligent design - It cannot be possible for perfection to come out of total chaos. The human body is perfectly designed - it does however have one major flaw - SIN! EVIL! How did that "just happen to be instiled into every single human through an accident.

Evolation has too many unanswered questions - riddles - conundrums. 95 % of it is utter nonsense untestable and cannot be reproduced. There has never been any tornado or hurricane that produced a "finished product"!

Man cannot possibly be compared to any other of the millions of different species - therefore: Man was made in the image of God!
You really should come down off of your fantasy cloud and educate yourself...Man is nothing more than one of the five species of great apes....Modern science depends upon the theory of evolution for medicine, (without it we would probably be still bleeding people with leeches and trying to exorcise demons) agriculture, (starvation would be normal without it) and animal breeding...If we all believed as you do we would still be in the dark ages...Ignorance is your enemy.

Indoctrination (brainwashing) is what is holding you back from the truth.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 PM

OH I see - you are without sin - you have never done anything wrong! You are perfect but without any purpose - an accident!

Sanspeur - ?? get real eh? There is no god; then how did evil come to reside in you? You have never had any impure thoughts - you have never lied; never ever stolen anything - you have never done anything that God considers sinful - you are perfect - you do not need a saviour for you have never done anything wrong.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM

The Truth ? What is truth? That is what a famous Governor asked Jesus. Pilate had Christ Crucified - the most documented death in all of human history - and outside of the bible many other people wrote about Jesus Christ - He was a real historical fact: that cannot possibly be denied! There is too much evidence and too much proof of his existence.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 PM

580 posts, read 965,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Talking about "the Bible" as a book is a bit misleading. The Bible is actually a collection of many books, some of which are indeed historic narratives, but you've also got poetry, songs, diaries, letters, at least one play, genealogical records, advice, and prophecies. Every book has its own method of interpretation. You just can't interpret Genesis in the same way you would a letter to a Roman church or an apostle's account of the life of Jesus.

Also: The books of Enoch and Noah are not part of canonized Scripture. Interesting reading? Yes. But when you're speaking of the Bible, it's best to refer to the canon.
It's much more than that. There were actually many different Bibles and stories floating around at the time of Jesus and after. The early Christians worshiped and read different books and passages in many different ways. It wasn't until the council of Nicea when the Bible Europeans and Americans know was gathered and put together.

As I understand, the book of Enoch was retained in the Ethiopian version of the bible. There are also many apocryphal texts that have been written and retained in other bibles.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperZ View Post
OH I see - you are without sin - you have never done anything wrong! You are perfect but without any purpose - an accident!
First of all I do not believe in sin...That is strictly a religious construct, but of course I have made mistakes, and nobody is perfect.
Quote:
Sanspeur - ?? get real eh? There is no god; then how did evil come to reside in you? You have never had any impure thoughts - you have never lied; never ever stolen anything - you have never done anything that God considers sinful - you are perfect - you do not need a saviour for you have never done anything wrong.
I am real, believe me, but I learn from my mistakes and correct them, as for sin...See above, and no, I need no mythical savior.... To save me from what?...Finally I believe there are no gods. They are something you have been programmed to believe....If I am so "sinful" then how come I have a family that loves me, have never been in any kind of trouble with the law, am healthy and wealthy, happy and enjoying the one life that we all have? I will not waste it worrying about what happens when I die, as you do.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 AM

No one ever programmed me; I had parents that didn't believe in God. So much for your presumptions. You are wrong again.

But you never have once admitted any of your mistakes or presumptions - You just keep on accusing me of things that are not true.

Many civilizations observed that the day the earth stood still as fact: That is the terminology they used.

No one to this day knows what caused the great dark day of the 1700's - But scripture provides the proof of this event also. Google provides a wealth of information on this subject also - but using wiki as a source is weak and lame.

Its funny how God can always back up His Claims. His proof is Israel and no one can dispute His PREDICTIONS for everyone of them came true exactly as He said. they would and He made specific claims over a 3,000 year period of time.

I do not worry about death - I have always said - that day will be the GREATEST DAY of my life. Then I can Live!
Where does evil come from? It evolved? How come only on this planet? All species on this planet only - Everything in your house - came from the "dirt in the ground". Quite the accident! Nothing created everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality