Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:22 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
So...

I'll ask the same question of you I've asked others without answer.

When someone tells you they feel the spirit of Allah just like you feel the spirit of your God, just like you have encountered and interacted with angels, other people accept Mohammad the prophet as spiritual guide or Joseph Smith, as they too feel in their soul, reaching out to them always...

Do you just accept what they are explaining to you, because they have felt what they do very personally and real to them? What of the people who tell you they connect with lost loved ones by way of their spirits visiting them?

How do you compare or contrast what you seem to feel in these regards with others who feel the same way about their experiences that you don't share? Do you just believe what they tell you because they tell you it's true with all their heart? If not, why not?
Or for that matter, Asians who so identify with Kuan Yin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 12:32 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,808 times
Jesus said that Moses made laws according to the hardness of people's hearts back in the old days. And Jesus introduced new laws of Love & forgiveness for a more modern time. Now, thousand of years later we can continue to throw away barbaric laws which religions are using at this moment to butcher people. Religions probably kill one person per moment & think they are obeying God, when in fact they are simply obeying laws that were man made to control the tribes & villages of long ago.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:11 PM

63,850 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
So...

When someone tells you they feel the spirit of Allah just like you feel the spirit of your God, just like you have encountered and interacted with angels, other people accept Mohammad the prophet as spiritual guide or Joseph Smith, as they too feel in their soul, reaching out to them always...

Do you just accept what they are explaining to you, because they have felt what they do very personally and real to them? What of the people who tell you they connect with lost loved ones by way of their spirits visiting them?

How do you compare or contrast what you seem to feel in these regards with others who feel the same way about their experiences that you don't share? Do you just believe what they tell you because they tell you it's true with all their heart? If not, why not?
As long as you proceed from the perception that God does NOT exist, there is little chance of you noticing or experiencing God's presence. But your attempt to use the misperceptions and differing descriptions and interpretations of encounters with God to refute the existence of God is illogical. The interpretations and beliefs are based on our fallible human perceptions, expectations, and knowledge. The differing perceptions and interpretations are independent of the existence of God.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As long as you proceed from the perception that God does NOT exist, there is little chance of you noticing or experiencing God's presence. But your attempt to use the misperceptions and differing descriptions and interpretations of encounters with God to refute the existence of God is illogical. The interpretations and beliefs are based on our fallible human perceptions, expectations, and knowledge. The differing perceptions and interpretations are independent of the existence of God.
The only problem with that is your first sentence. You seem to forget that many (I think most) of the atheists on this forum were formerly believers.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:30 PM

10,495 posts, read 7,026,221 times
Quote:
So...

I totally believe that Mohammad and Joseph Smith had a spiritual interaction. I do believe based on their teachings that they were from a demonic/satanic source as both religions were designed to create conflict and deny Christianity.

Outside of the feeling of accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior, I had same feelings in personal interactions with spirits were around death. I knew of the unexpected passing of a family member at the exact moment of their death. I was driving and felt the same spirit enter my body and I said outloud my family member died. An hour later I found out my family member died at that moment. Another was with regards to a drowning of a close friend right by me. I felt the spirit enter my body, I did not know what it meant and it was a calm good feeling, I left the area and moments later a friend drowned. It was very traumatic event, but I knew that God used it as a signal to show that he was in control of the situation, and as a result I did not take the situation as personal. As you can see these are very personal experiences, and the spirit does not come from outside your body but within.

Some other cool things that I've noticed over time after accepting Jesus Christ into my soul, is that the Bible has become a lot more clear to me, and I can understand parts prophecy that goes over most peoples head and can comprehend. I can actually recite versus and many parts of the Bible I never even recall reading. Additionally, I sometimes have a sixth sense to physically read peoples hearts and point out people who have accepted Jesus, people who may be demonically possessed and a whole lot of empty people, as a result i'm a very good reader of people and am usually pretty spot on.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 09-18-2019 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-18-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I totally believe that Mohammad and Joseph Smith had a spiritual interaction. I do believe based on their teachings that they were from a demonic/satanic source as both religions were designed to create conflict and deny Christianity.

Outside of the feeling of accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior, I had same feelings in personal interactions with spirits were around death. I knew of the unexpected passing of a family member at the exact moment of their death. I was driving and felt the same spirit enter my body and I said outloud my family member died. An hour later I found out my family member died at that moment. Another was with regards to a drowning of a close friend right by me. I felt the spirit enter my body, I did not know what it meant and it was a calm good feeling, I left the area and moments later a friend drowned. As you can see these are very personal experiences, and the spirit does not come from outside your body but within.
You didn't answer the question.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:

Outside of the feeling of accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior, I had same feelings in personal interactions with spirits were around death. I knew of the unexpected passing of a family member at the exact moment of their death. I was driving and felt the same spirit enter my body and I said outloud my family member died. An hour later I found out my family member died at that moment. Another was with regards to a drowning of a close friend right by me. I felt the spirit enter my body, I did not know what it meant and it was a calm good feeling, I left the area and moments later a friend drowned. It was very traumatic event, but I knew that God used it as a signal to show that he was in control of the situation, and as a result I did not take the situation as personal. As you can see these are very personal experiences, and the spirit does not come from outside your body but within.

Some other cool things that I've noticed over time after accepting Jesus Christ into my soul, is that the Bible has become a lot more clear to me. I can actually recite versus and many parts of the Bible I never even recall reading. Additionally, I sometimes have a sixth sense to physically point out people who have accepted Jesus, people who may be demonically possessed and a whole lot of empty people, as a result i'm a very reader of people and am usually pretty spot on.
I hope you have a competent caretaker.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You didn't answer the question.
I believe I did, why don't you try reading again.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope you have a competent caretaker.
Insulting me because you're blind and can't see? That's foolish. I answered the questions about spirits for you, and if you go online there are millions of similar examples. Its a personal experience, not something that people brag about.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I believe I did, why don't you try reading again.
No, you preached. You didn't answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality