Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 04:17 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God`s Holy Angels are not of the earth and are a different creation than humans , and are somewhat incompatible with the flesh of humans ..... See two messenger host angel a few years back and these angels of God had wings pure white in color and like feathers like a dove which flew by me and disappeared in thin air ............ Then there are wicked angels or fallen angels which God rejected which curse humans and cause illness in humans , and can cause confusion and are a menace and they work with demons which are not human but of a another creation which pollute the flesh of man ... When these fallen angels touch people they will give pain in the flesh of people ...... If there are angels which look like human , people will probably never know them , as they will be in and out of the spirit and be gone , and wicked angels live in a high place realm on the earth , some are the alien ufo which people witness , and God`s Holy Angels come from heaven which is close to the earth ...... Seen a wicked angel two months ago which looked like a long cloud or a long brown ghost which fell between three cars traveling which caused them to stop and one car hit the bumper of the other and cause minor damage then the angel crossed the road and disappeared in thin air ....... I know God as I am a Christian and God showed me this for protection Glory to God
Madre Mia! They walk amongst us folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 12:40 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
i believe there are angels or spiritual entities that warn people . There is a spirit world.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:24 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's the eternal part of life. The part that can be neither created nor destroyed.

"Fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Yes, I tell you: fear Him" Matthew 10:28

Matthew was such a snot. Not to mention Jesus, of course.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:50 AM

3,803 posts, read 3,000,237 times
I am probably more skeptical of them, than Demons on Earth.
Strangely in my upbringing I was taught to believe in Angels and the like, but not so sure now.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:21 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
https://www.ask-angels.com/spiritual.../earth-angels/

I don't care from what group you are, Atheist, Agnostic, or whatever faith. (Just trying to not discriminate here.)

You could tell, for what reasons you don't believe, or do.

Maybe you know some.

Thanks for inclusion, appreciated, but it's kind of fundamental to atheism that we wouldnt believe in Angels.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:35 PM

25,579 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
It's the eternal part of life. The part that can be neither created nor destroyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Also the part that cannot be demonstrated to exist.

Putting that aside, there are still many questions regarding the soul you posit.

Is it self-aware? Even in a state apart from a body? Does it inhabit multiple bodies over time? If so, how do you explain different personalities? Aren't they different from the soul? Where did the soul come from? Where does it go? What is the soul made of? Is it intelligent, or does it require a brain to be intelligent? If it does not require a brain, how come damage to a brain makes us less intelligent?

I could go on all day. Your answer is quite facile.
You seem to believe that by asking unanswerable questions, you make a statement of some sort.

You do not.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:21 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
I think there are spiritual beings that are around to help.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:11 AM

88,592 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Thanks for inclusion, appreciated, but it's kind of fundamental to atheism that we wouldnt believe in Angels.

I dunno, Cruithne. Atheists don't believe in the existence of gods in the absence of evidence, but I do know people who believe in angels without the God part. It's more of a Pagan-ish type of thinking.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:09 AM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I dunno, Cruithne. Atheists don't believe in the existence of gods in the absence of evidence, but I do know people who believe in angels without the God part. It's more of a Pagan-ish type of thinking.
Mmmmmmm...let's put it this way. There may be something beyond our world, there may be something before or after our life. We just have no reasonably conclusive evidence that it's what the bible says it is.

When I think how many American christians on the right disbelieve scientific things such as climate change, for which there is a great deal of evidence, but believe fables in the bible for which there is little, if any, evidence...it makes my head spin.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Really? I guess it depends what we are defining as an angel.
To me an angel is a sort of messenger of representative of god.

I know some people who have had experiences where they have imagined people standing at the end of their beds, that sort of thing.

Perhaps someone could define what is meant by 'earth angel'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality