Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:05 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,351,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The key to getting along is...

decent weed.
And legal by next summer. ☺
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 05:06 PM

11,208 posts, read 7,265,597 times
The key to getting alone is finding common threads with others. For a start, we're all human, living on the same planet, walking under the same sun and same moon. But that's just a simplistic beginning.

Really, we have more in common than we think. We all have families, and desires, and wishes. We all feel pain and dislike unfairness. It's up to all of us to be open and look for those links, instead of what is different or divides us. It's almost fighting against our human nature to transcend it and connect with our deeper, older, spiritual selves. Many take the easy way out and live on the lowest of levels of existence, and never see other people on the high level that God sees each of us.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The key to getting alone is finding common threads with others. For a start, we're all human, living on the same planet, walking under the same sun and same moon. But that's just a simplistic beginning.

Really, we have more in common than we think. We all have families, and desires, and wishes. We all feel pain and dislike unfairness. It's up to all of us to be open and look for those links, instead of what is different or divides us. It's almost fighting against our human nature to transcend it and connect with our deeper, older, spiritual selves. Many take the easy way out and live on the lowest of levels of existence, and never see other people on the high level that God sees each of us.
I think you kind of blew it with your last statement. And from another post of yours basically calling people you disagree with as rock throwing swine. That is not the way to get along.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:38 PM

15,993 posts, read 6,398,421 times
woops wrong thread.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:19 PM

22,733 posts, read 19,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And legal by next summer. ☺
nope. still a federal offense.
illegal under federal law, federal crime throughout the USA
regardless of what state law is

Old 08-30-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
nope. still a federal offense.
illegal under federal law, federal crime throughout the USA
regardless of what state law is
Both Trout Dude and myself are Canadians and our federal government has committed to legalizing it by next summer. There is already an active weed stock market on for growers. Medicinal Marijuana has been legal throughout the country for years so next summer it wI'll be totally legal in Canada for anyone over 19 where TroutDude lIves and 18 for where i live. We are about 3 day drive from each other.

Next year you can come here, go to a government ran or licenced outlet and buy a joint. My wife and I may for old times sake, not that I smoked much as a young person. I suspect there will be lots of provincial and federal taxes.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:37 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,093,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The key to getting along is...

decent weed.
I suppose maybe then it will be more peaceful around here.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:22 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I suppose maybe then it will be more peaceful around here.
I recommend you try it.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:58 AM

1,333 posts, read 887,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
One of the ways that you might try to get along reasonably with atheists is not to force on them some rule or obligation to scrap logic and evidence.
This goes both ways.

Effectively, you interrupted a conversation you did not have to and were not being in any way explicitly asked to partake in so that you could share your belief that others should not force their beliefs on you. Where's the sense in that.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,486,047 times
2 ways to say things:
#1 "God, you are so stupid; what an idiot.'

#2 Don't read their posts anymore. ♫ ♫ La dee da...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality