Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 02:35 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,106,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There it is.
Trolling?
Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the Bible? | Cold Case Christianity

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-15-2017 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 02:39 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,094,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Are you suggesting that numbers make truths?

It's generally accepted in our society that numerous sources are a good thing. I've given 66 of them that you've rejected. How many more will you reject? Why would I have reason to believe you'd accept any source I give? You've made up your mind.
Quote:
Is not the Koran based on your God?
No. Just read it. You'll find it is not compatible with what God has revealed in His Word already.
Quote:
Who are you to say there are mistakes?
Do you believe a man's sperm originates from between his backbone and his ribcage? The Quran teaches that. We know by science that it simply is not the case. That is one error easily confirmed.
Quote:

You don't recognize the many mistakes and contradictions in your books.
There are none.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,178,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It's generally accepted in our society that numerous sources are a good thing. I've given 66 of them that you've rejected. How many more will you reject? Why would I have reason to believe you'd accept any source I give? You've made up your mind.

No. Just read it. You'll find it is not compatible with what God has revealed in His Word already.

Do you believe a man's sperm originates from between his backbone and his ribcage? The Quran teaches that. We know by science that it simply is not the case. That is one error easily confirmed.

There are none.
Numerous "unbiased" sources. These books describe events that defy the laws of nature as we "know" them. The describe supernatural events that cannot be verified.

I've read every one of those books. They are absurd, repetitious, flawed and contradictory. I was a Christian for more than 35 years. Reading the Bible is why I'm not one today. Maybe you should read it in full "without" the rose colored glasses.

Well, there are no mistakes in the Koran.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:51 PM

Here you go BabtistFundie

https://infidels.org/library/modern/...adictions.html

Old 07-12-2017, 02:51 PM

691 posts, read 422,490 times
ok Thrillobyte. the Scriptures teach that God saves and Christ is told to us saying THAT. if you READ the words of God it shows that all of God's lessons make sense before Christ lived and the same point still made sense after he lived meaning that his life means not one thing to those who hate God. If you don't hate god than Christ's life is something you have no reason to question. Scripture says that ALL manner of blasphemies against Christ are forgiven, So there is your silence. you're question is not a question between this guy and that guy. Its between you and God.... its really none of OUR business. you are simply trolling because prove to us without carbon dating that mankind is billions of years old 9.9

Old 07-12-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Numerous "unbiased" sources. These books describe events that defy the laws of nature as we "know" them. The describe supernatural events that cannot be verified.

I've read every one of those books. They are absurd, repetitious, flawed and contradictory. I was a Christian for more than 35 years. Reading the Bible is why I'm not one today. Maybe you should read it in full "without" the rose colored glasses.
Really? You've read every word of Leviticus? Every word of Lamentations? Isaiah?

As I said....you have your opinion, and nothing I say will convince you. That's why the concept of this thread is absurd.
Quote:
Well, there are no mistakes in the Koran.
Except the ones that exist...right?

Old 07-12-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I'd be happy to explain any one of them if you'd like.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? You've read every word of Leviticus? Every word of Lamentations? Isaiah?

As I said....you have your opinion, and nothing I say will convince you. That's why the concept of this thread is absurd.

Except the ones that exist...right?
Yes, I read every word of the Bible. I did it to prove an atheist "wrong", I found he was right and that I was a dupe to the religion.

This thread is relevant because it challenges believers to research the bases of their belief. I was astonished to find out that Christianity is based solely on a book filled with absurdities, flaws and contradictions. Sorry, but this is the truth. I've had to adjust to it for over a year now.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:04 PM

691 posts, read 422,490 times
Ive noticed most people are only " christians" for popularity sake - wont i be good in the eyes of others- and when they realize their still a misrable wretch.... they throw a fit. Someone or something else is to blame not the individual....

I get it.

i feeel like im nice.... i -want- to be good...so if i turn out mean or bad its SOMEONE ELSE who was screwed up enough to spoil a jem like me!

hahaha.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:05 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,590,696 times
Quote:
There it is. Show us exactly what you have that convinces you Jesus was a real person. It cannot be from the Bible because those writings are not considered historical evidence by non-biased Biblical scholars.

:
why do you guys often say, prove Jesus existed and then turn around and say "oh, but you can use the NT!" You are saying let's have a fist fight, but I must have one hand tied behind my back. Why does the use of the NT, a source of eyewitness accounts,scare you? Let the NT be used and see if you can prove it wrong! And remember, just because someone's opinion is on the internet doesn't make it true.

Quote:
And neither are the millions of savvy Christians turning atheist/agnostic who are finding this out.
Millions you say! Over the last 50 years, perhaps. And millions have converted to Christianity. So?

In my circle I know several who went from atheistism to Christianity. And I know two who are no longer Christian. But the still believe in God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality