Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 02:30 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,775,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
So what? Spider-Man is mentioned in books as well.
So what? We have clear evidence that Spiderman originated from the mind of Stan Lee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 02:34 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,775,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That is the best proof for Jesus I have ever seen, Imiss. How that didn't get into Strobel's The Case For Christ I have no idea.
You know, comments like this only just show me that it's just that same atheist game where they demand evidence ONLY and I repeat ONLY for the purpose of taking pleasure in shooting it down. The best proof of Christ comes from experiencing Him personally. And of course, you will write all that off by saying anecdotal evidence doesn't count.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:50 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,178,313 times
Quote:
There it is. Show us exactly what you have that convinces you Jesus was a real person. It cannot be from the Bible because those writings are not considered historical evidence by non-biased Biblical scholars.

Go on. Show us something extra-Biblical that proves Jesus existed--ANYTHING, artifacts, a grave, a monument, an ossuary containing his bones, a relief, just anything-- and then let us examine it and if it is convincing I know that I will change my belief and say that he truly was the Son of God.

Go ahead!
If you or any of the others in here don't believe what is shown on the planet itself (of course I'm referring to my videos I've shown in the past, that everyone thought I'd either faked or it was Pareidolia), that God made with those images.. then why would you believe anything a man would say?

You don't want "proof".

(and since your reply will be something slanderous or filled with ridicule concerning what I just said about those pictures (it always is with people like you) let me say the following (again))

Those are "watermarks" (learn what that means). They cover Our Planet, but only during a certain time period can you see them clearly. Prior or after that period, they are out of focus. They are only in "focus" during that period only. Concerning the "Pareidolia" comments?- Well all I can say is.. if it were just one picture on the subject matter, I might agree with you. BUT a whole freaking story on the subject matter and ON TOP OF OUR PLANET ~ you're so wrong and soon every single one of you will find that out. And when you do and we are all standing before Him at Judgement, NOT 1 of YOU will be able to say ~ no one told me or showed me. He's going to look thru you and say "depart ye accursed I know you not" or He will say "well done by good and 'faithful servant". And I can just guess what He's going to say to "many" of you in here. And don't give me that old comeback "awe you just hope we do" or "see you don't care" speech or something of that nature! Save it! Heard that crap since I've been here.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:54 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,179,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So what? We have clear evidence that Spiderman originated from the mind of Stan Lee.
So, where is the clear evidence of Jesus being divine outside the Bible?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:40 PM

18,256 posts, read 17,019,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
If you or any of the others in here don't believe what is shown on the planet itself (of course I'm referring to my videos I've shown in the past, that everyone thought I'd either faked or it was Pareidolia), that God made with those images.. then why would you believe anything a man would say?

You don't want "proof".

(and since your reply will be something slanderous or filled with ridicule concerning what I just said about those pictures (it always is with people like you) let me say the following (again))

Those are "watermarks" (learn what that means). They cover Our Planet, but only during a certain time period can you see them clearly. Prior or after that period, they are out of focus. They are only in "focus" during that period only. Concerning the "Pareidolia" comments?- Well all I can say is.. if it were just one picture on the subject matter, I might agree with you. BUT a whole freaking story on the subject matter and ON TOP OF OUR PLANET ~ you're so wrong and soon every single one of you will find that out. And when you do and we are all standing before Him at Judgement, NOT 1 of YOU will be able to say ~ no one told me or showed me. He's going to look thru you and say "depart ye accursed I know you not" or He will say "well done by good and 'faithful servant". And I can just guess what He's going to say to "many" of you in here. And don't give me that old comeback "awe you just hope we do" or "see you don't care" speech or something of that nature! Save it! Heard that crap since I've been here.

Hush, proof of God is NOT proof of Jesus. That's my contention: there's NO credible evidence Jesus, the son of God ever existed, not that God ever existed.

My gosh if people would just read the post. It says it all.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:14 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,178,313 times
Quote:
Hush, proof of God is NOT proof of Jesus. That's my contention: there's NO credible evidence Jesus, the son of God ever existed, not that God ever existed.

My gosh if people would just read the post. It says it all.
What a lame reply. You don't believe in either. If you do, where is your proof of God? When its convenient you believe, when not, you don't. -back at you.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:24 PM

11,133 posts, read 6,066,799 times
Hush, it is quite possible for a man named Jesus to have once existed. But did he or is he just a legend?

Many atheists seem to think it probable that he may have existed. I used to think he did lack of evidence outside the bible leads me to think he did not.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,179,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Hush, it is quite possible for a man named Jesus to have once existed. But did he or is he just a legend?

Many atheists seem to think it probable that he may have existed. I used to think he did lack of evidence outside the bible leads me to think he did not.
I'm on the fence, but I respect Bart Ehrman's opinion and he believes a man named Jesus existed, but was not divine.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:41 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,513,437 times
I don't think there is any proof.
And you know there isn't, Mr. thrill.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times
It doesn't matter.

The legend outlives the man/god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality