Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 10:23 AM

112 posts, read 19,757 times

Advertisements

Its the same words the interpretation is different by many Christians not just Catholics. Go ahead compare the words - the same.Your not saved by how you interrupt the words your saved by grace in the Sacrifice Jesus made and for no other reason.The rest is religious politics.It was also written in Greek which makes a very poor translation to English.

Last edited by Paul888; 04-16-2024 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 11:42 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,018,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Its the same words the interpretation is different by many Christians not just Catholics. Go ahead compare the words - the same.Your not saved by how you interrupt the words your saved by grace in the Sacrifice Jesus made and for no other reason.The rest is religious politics.It was also written in Greek which makes a very poor translation to English.
If only you knew someone who was raised Greek Orthodox.

Old 04-16-2024, 02:36 PM

3,807 posts, read 3,009,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Lol, but I think your average Greek Orthodox would be about as interested in the Book of Revelation and the “end of times” as your average Catholic!
I’m sure he/she would be able to translate it though.

Old 04-16-2024, 02:54 PM

16,728 posts, read 15,727,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Lol, but I think your average Greek Orthodox would be about as interested in the Book of Revelation and the “end of times” as your average Catholic!
I’m sure he/she would be able to translate it though.
Maybe you didn't know. Harry Diogenes is the one raised Greek Orthodox who is conversant in Greek.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:37 PM

I also think that the Antichrist will be a pope is ridiculous. He would be outed right away.He's portrayed as a politician with a religious leader at his side.I would say it will be one of the TV evangelist.The pope would be outed right away taking the spot.But by all means keep your eye on the Pope it could be him also but hes not the Antichrist.It could be any religious leader who becomes the false prophet.That's how you will know a religious leader will be at his side likely fooling many.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:39 PM

One of the interesting things about Francis is he is the last Pope in the Malachi prophecy nothing bad is said about him in it only that he would lead his people through troubled times.So according to the prophecy he will be the last legitimate Pope of the Catholic Church.It doesn't mean there will be no more Popes it means according to the prophecy God never choose them. Could well produce the False Prophet so I am not taking sides here.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:27 PM

50,979 posts, read 24,467,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
I also think that the Antichrist will be a pope is ridiculous. He would be outed right away.He's portrayed as a politician with a religious leader at his side.I would say it will be one of the TV evangelist.The pope would be outed right away taking the spot.But by all means keep your eye on the Pope it could be him also but hes not the Antichrist.It could be any religious leader who becomes the false prophet.That's how you will know a religious leader will be at his side likely fooling many.
I recently read an article (unfortunately don't remember where) that speculated that there might not be any future popes. Anyone else hear that kind of speculation?

Old 04-17-2024, 05:32 AM

I mention that that he is the last Pope in the Malachi prophecy no other Popes are named.He is Peter the Roman the last one mentioned and that he would lead his people through troubled times.

Old 04-17-2024, 05:49 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,071,028 times
Eschatology is antithetical to Christianity. Christ literally tells his followers to not concern themselves with the timing of the Kingdom, but to rather simply be ready for it. Instead, we're supposed to focus on the here and now rather than keeping our eyes on some future event.

Old 04-17-2024, 06:10 AM

Francis is here now the last one named it not some future event unless the Prophecy is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality