Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
It's as much "science" as the universe emerging from the Hellenistic Egg.
I don't think the Christians would agree to teach all of the creation stories equally.

List of creation myths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think some would make good camp fire stories.
Like how Pangu created the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
With the great outpouring coming soon, there is probably going to a massive overhaul of the public school education system. The supernatural will be a way of life and there will be no gray area of whether God exist or not. The evolutionary theory will be thrown into the trash where it belongs because everyone will know, see, and experience the love of God. Even stubborn atheist. Lol. God said in the Bible he will pour out his spirit on all flesh in the last days. He literally meant it.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:02 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
With the great outpouring coming soon, there is probably going to a massive overhaul of the public school education system. The supernatural will be a way of life and there will be no gray area of whether God exist or not. The evolutionary theory will be thrown into the trash where it belongs because everyone will know, see, and experience the love of God. Even stubborn atheist. Lol. God said in the Bible he will pour out his spirit on all flesh in the last days. He literally meant it.
Its been "Real Soon Now!" for almost 2000 years, so you can understand how many of us are a bit skeptical... Of course as a rational person, if it happens I will evaluate the evidence and change my mind accordingly, but I don't expect that your predictions will be any more successful than Hal Lindsay's or Harold Camping's.

-NoCapo

Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,939,153 times
Quote:

Christopher Hitchens

Let’s say that the consensus is that our species, being the higher primates, Homo Sapiens, has been on the planet for at least 100,000 years, maybe more. Francis Collins says maybe 100,000. Richard Dawkins thinks maybe a quarter-of-a-million. I’ll take 100,000. In order to be a Christian, you have to believe that for 98,000 years, our species suffered and died, most of its children dying in childbirth, most other people having a life expectancy of about 25 years, dying of their teeth. Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years. Heaven watches this with complete indifference. And then 2000 years ago, thinks “That’s enough of that. It’s time to intervene,†and the best way to do this would be by condemning someone to a human sacrifice somewhere in the less literate parts of the Middle East. Don’t lets appeal to the Chinese, for example, where people can read and study evidence and have a civilization. Let’s go to the desert and have another revelation there.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Did you forget to say: "And then you'll all be sorry!" ?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,254 times
Quote:
There's no grey area now, and yet delusional ignoramuses still believe in fairies.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
::Sigh::

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Did you forget to say: "And then you'll all be sorry!" ?
No I didn't. I meant what I said. God will pour out his spirit on EVERYONE in the last days. That means you! And I have a very strong feeling you will be one of the ones touched the most and become saved! Plenty of people on this forum will! I pray and declare it in the name of Jesus. God bless!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I used the word "idiotic" to describe the theory. I did not call you an idiot, nor did I suggest that you are less intelligent.
...okay, I will. With utmost respect Sans...you're acting like an idiot for subscribing to Darwinian Evolution. Besides, if all you are is a twig on Darwins tree, I fail to see how you can have an opinion about intelligence.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
...okay, I will. With utmost respect Sans...you're acting like an idiot for subscribing to Darwinian Evolution. Besides, if all you are is a twig on Darwins tree, I fail to see how you can have an opinion about intelligence.
How old do you think the Earth is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality