Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

I see the OP isn't a member anymore.

How interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

How interesting
Well, this could partially explain why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy-

It seems like atheist only target Christians and Christianity, and very seldom any other religions, which share similar beliefs.
When atheists usually post billboards and other non-belief or "myth" stuff, it mainly includes Christianity, and during the Christmas/Holiday season, it targets Christmas.

Why are they afraid to post "myth" stuff about Judaism and Islam?
I think they are scared because they know how strong Muslims and Jewish are, and what consequenses they will get for doing it, while poor Christians does not usually do anything about it.

This is ridiculous!

PS! I'm not Christian myself, but it's very unfair. If you are going to post stuff about something, INCLUDE all religions, or leave them alone and keep your own beliefs to yourself.

Atheist should respect that they live in a country where close to 80% are Christians (some states even higher %). Keep in mind that the U.S. has the world's largest Christian population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy-

Christianity is the only true religion

Jesus Christ was an amazing person who taught the people only good stuff. He was wonderful, loved everyone and gave us good teaching. He never hurt someone, only helped people. His speeches to the people were so enormous excellent. I love when he said "Love your enemies".

Christianity is such a peaceful and wonderful religion. Yes, some people might ruined the religion, but that's not what the religion is about. Too bad most people never read the bible, watched Jesus movies and judge the religion bad without knowing really anything about it. Being Christian is something that 2.3 billion people worldwide should be PROUD of.

Christmas/Easter/Valentines etc. are fun holidays!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:50 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

How interesting
Fairly certain she made a dupe account to back her points. That's a no no.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:05 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Oh really?

Is it the strip malls that have churches, or the churches that have strip malls?..Mega-Churches Offer Prayer, Play, Shopping - ABC News

Complete with food court.
Cool, now I can praise Jesus, get my money changed, and buy some doves all in one convenient trip.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:08 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
I wonder how many of the 2.2 billion would be called not True Christians by many Christian posters here. Then we also have whole denominations, such as Mormonism, that are called a cult, but some Christians are all too happy to count them as Christians if it boosts their global population numbers.
Actually, I think that according to a lot of the "real Christians" on this forum, there are probably about three dozen "real Christians" in the entire world.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:15 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, I think that according to a lot of the "real Christians" on this forum, there are probably about three dozen "real Christians" in the entire world.
come on, you are exaggerating. You know it can't be more than 2 Dozen, counting the cats, dogs and the fish in the aquarium.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:15 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
Is Christianity too big to fail?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Is Christianity too big to fail?
Just the opposite, it has grown too big to sustain itself. An implosion is in the making and the result much of it is going to Jump ship. American Christianity will generate a very sudden growth in atheism, probably within my lifetime and not much of that remains.

Christianity depends on constant growth, but it is too divided for constructive growth as a unified Christianity. Some denomination will probably survive but the largest ones seem to have exceeded their maximum and the individual fundie ones never were sustainable.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,218 times
Nuff said...

Attached Thumbnails
CNN: Christianity goes global as world's largest religion-mcdonalds-sign.jpg  

Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Is the goal one world religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality