Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:33 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,240,127 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by ptsum
Quote:
It is because they are afraid that they will lose their power over you and you will begin to start thinking for yourself, freethinkers are one of the biggest enemies of the church because they want you to be their sheep.
I confess to know nothing about freemasons and the like, but if ptsum is telling the truth then I believe that freethinker and Dubya contradict each other.
Then again, I know nothing of Dubya either.

Last edited by Tricky D; 11-27-2007 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
Please check out the link that I posted earlier in the thread. Which 33rds are the bad ones? Scottish Rite Northern Jurisdiction? Southern Jurisdiction? What about all of the York Rite guys---do they miss out on ruling the world? Seriously, the 33rd degree is an honor, but I don't think that a bunch of 70-year-old men who fly to D.C. to get a white hat are secretly ruling the world.
As for the Illuminati, there isn't any proof of the existence of that organization; yet it's used to tie together the Bilderbergers, the Skull and Bones, Freemasonry, and about every other organization.

As for praying to Lucifer; Freemasons do not pray to Lucifer. Please go to taxil hoax - Google Search and click on any of the results.
It's not just 70 year old men. With age comes wisdom. These are suppose to be honorable people, of course you would never except evil from an old person. It's what they have done and believed to the age of 70 and the powerful influences they are to younger people coming in. This is exactly how organizations hide there dirty deeds because most never suspect the man in the suit!!
I would honestly take a ride from a long-haired Harley rider any day then to trust some business man in a suit!!! This was just an example, don't always put trust into how one dresses or so called status of living.

As for you references I guess we just have to believe the author. Most of these organizations ALWAYS try to explain their way out of evil. For the most part I believe Free Masons believe what they are doing is the work of some God just not the God of the Bible of Heaven and Earth. There are plenty who dispute the Free Masons and I have seen testimonies from ex-masons.
It's just like what they say of the Mormons and Catholics and you have to decide if it's right. Both these groups are known to preach from the Bible and there are many who dispute if they are really Christian.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Wow, that's some conspiracy you've got going on there.
Not really, check it out for your self. Then you tell me why the President that I trusted now chooses to not mention the road from Mexico City to Canada. Right through the HEARTLAND of AMERICA 10 lanes wide. North American Union whats this for? Did the people vote for this. Do we want to unite with Mexico and Canada?? Clinton and Bush have made way for us to no longer be America down the road.
There are plenty of intelligent sites from reputable people talking about this and for some reason Congress and the media are NOT.
This is exactly why OUR PRESIDENT is not doing anything about immigration. This is for another thread. But it all ties in if you ask me!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,416,066 times
Though I tend to agree with your disdain in regard to the road coming out of NAFTA, and other immigration issues, I doubt that the roots of it are mired in freemasonry.

Did anyone catch Pat Buchanan last night on H&C? He mentioned that America will not last as a sovereign nation past the mid-century mark, because of the current immigration issues. He mentioned both Bush & Clinton errors along the way. Interesting take, I thought, when he explained it. BTW, he is a Freemason as well.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,387,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Though I tend to agree with your disdain in regard to the road coming out of NAFTA, and other immigration issues, I doubt that the roots of it are mired in freemasonry.

Did anyone catch Pat Buchanan last night on H&C? He mentioned that America will not last as a sovereign nation past the mid-century mark, because of the current immigration issues. He mentioned both Bush & Clinton errors along the way. Interesting take, I thought, when he explained it. BTW, he is a Freemason as well.
Buchanan...always reliable for a fair and balanced opinion.

Most "important" men in America have been Freemasons - it's just another rich-white-guy club. BTW - If Buchanan is a Freemason, does this mean they admit the ever-hated Catholics now? I hadn't heard.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,037,384 times
Wildberries61; I'm 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite, I have a pretty good idea of what goes on with Scottish Rite. I've known a number of 33rd degree masons for the past number of years, and am loathe to launch unproven allegations at good and decent men. What decent proof is there of this horrible Masonic bogeyman?

b. frank; Freemasonry has always allowed Roman Catholic membership. It was the Roman Catholic Church that tends not to allow their members to join. It's not just the "rich white guy" club, there are members of all races, religions, and social standings.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,387,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post

b. frank; Freemasonry has always allowed Roman Catholic membership. It was the Roman Catholic Church that tends not to allow their members to join. It's not just the "rich white guy" club, there are members of all races, religions, and social standings.
Ok, I stand corrected.
But it's MOSTLY rich white guys, right?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,037,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Ok, I stand corrected.
But it's MOSTLY rich white guys, right?
Not really. It's mostly middle class in the USA. My lodge has mostly white members mainly because we're in Fargo, North Dakota. In the rest of the country, there's somewhat more of a mix than here (not just in lodges, either).

Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,416,066 times
The rules for the Order of the Eastern Star are that you must have faith in a Supreme Being. They do not discriminate based on which religion. The only people not allowed to join are those that have no faith.

As for it being mostly rich white guys... click here
(http://www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk/black_freemasonry.htm - broken link)

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 AM

[quote=TravisW;2098484]As for the Illuminati, there isn't any proof of the existence of that organization; yet it's used to tie together the Bilderbergers, the Skull and Bones, Freemasonry, and about every other organization. [quote] Here's how Wikipedia explains Illuminati it's more of organzation as you see tied to behind the scence deeds.

Illuminati is a name that refers to several groups, both real and fictitious. Historically, it refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment era secret society founded in the late eighteenth century. However, in modern times it refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy hand behind the throne, allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, Illuminati is often used in reference to a New World Order (NWO). Many conspiracy theorists believe the Illuminati, The People of The Light, or illuminated ones, are the masterminds behind events that will lead to the establishment of such a New World Order. Confusing the issue further is the fact that there are also several modern fraternal groups which include the word "Illuminati" in their names.

I believe ANY ORGANAZATION that has coded books that are kept from others has got something to hide. Why do you think Martin Luther called the Catholic church on only the church could read the Bible to the people.
Members only groups are seedy and I am not saying all are involved, but don't be decieved by a bunch of neat and tidy old men.

A secret society is an organization that requires its members to conceal certain activities—such as rites of initiation or club ceremonies—from outsiders. Members may be required to conceal or deny their membership, and are often sworn to hold the society's secrets by an oath. The term "secret society" is often used to describe fraternal organizations (e.g. Freemasonry) that may have secret ceremonies, but is also commonly applied to organizations ranging from the common and innocuous (collegiate fraternities) to mythical organizations described in conspiracy theories as immensely powerful, with self-serving financial or political agendas, global reach, and often satanic beliefs.

Secret society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality